I'm going to place my vote on Randuir for now. It's a tentative idea, but I have some suspicions he may be pushing too hard for votes on others.

Here's the vote count so far:

Bort (1): Drought

Orlok (1): Elenion

Elenion (2): Bort, Orlok

Drought (1): Randuir

Randuir (1): Elandera

On 15/04/2018 at 10:04 AM, randuir said:

This game has some interesting dynamics with the roles, with each role getting stronger whenever the previous holder of the role dies. Unfortunately there's no guarantee that the new, stronger role will be given to a villager. 

However, at the start of the game the three players with roles are confirmed good, which might be a very useful property if they manage to stay alive during most of the game, as it would allow for the game to be actually solved earlier than usual.

Unfortunately Sophie's conversion ability does function as a pseudo-role-scan (since people holding roles can not be converted), so the chances of the original holders of the roles staying alive till the end of the game aren't that good.

My recommendation to those of us who started the game with roles is to be very careful with role-claims in PM's, but if you're under serious threat of the lynch, claiming might save us all a lot of trouble later. Just don't false-claim if you're not an elim, as that'll just result in the real person with the role claiming and you getting lynched, which only helps the elims.

On the subject of the lynch, turnover is at 9 Am for me, so I will probably be able to respond to a last minute lynch against me. I'd still prefer it if you guys didn't lynch me while I'm asleep though :P

@A Joe in the Bush, does Sophie start alone?

@randuir, I struggle to believe that you read through the rules post enough to comment on the role progression, the subject of your post, yet didn’t see in the same post Joe’s very obvious “Melhi's Bots are a Conversion Faction, only starting with one player: Sophie who has multiple lives.”

Would you explain this? At present it reads to me like you were trying to distance yourself from Sophie.

On 15/04/2018 at 5:58 PM, Elenion said:

@Orlok Tsubodai

I think Orlok is right about Sophie having 2 lives: 3 would make for way too many elims and 1 would just be a sacrifice for Sophie. However, I'm not sure about Sophie converting only active players. They could convert less-active players, and then let the active players tear themselves apart. I don't think they would convert full inactives, though.

Right now we have 12 players. With 1 lynch and 1 elim kill per cycle, and a surprise Sophie death partway through...

C1: 12

C2: 10

C3: 7 (if Sophie uses 2 conversions first opportunity and dies)

C4: 5

C5: 3, and that could be LyLo if we haven't caught the converts since then

On 15/04/2018 at 6:40 PM, Elenion said:

I just reread the rules. She can't kill anyone when it's just her, so no elim kill until C2. Updating...

C1: 12

C2: 11 (no elim kill)

C3: 8 (elim kills start, Sophie dies)

C4: 6

C5: 4, and the elims have parity if all Converts are alive. However, in the previous projections, the elims had the potential to win 2-1 this cycle if they were all alive.

So it looks like in the first 4 cycles, we either need to lynch 1 of the Converts, or lynch Sophie and deprive them of a Convert, or else we lose.

Looking back at this, I think this is a genuine updating of understanding, rather than realising the thread didn’t know and correcting his position. As such, Elenion.

On 15/04/2018 at 10:09 PM, Crimsn-Wolf said:

@Bort I apologize for my silence in the game thus far. I have been observing from the shadows, as I do not really have anything to add at this point in time. I haven't felt any contribution I could make would be worthwhile, so I instead decided to watch how other players would speak and interact with each other in an attempt to potentially find out who Sophie is early on. Thus far, I have not come up with anyone.

This strikes me as too obvious a statement for Sophie to make, announcing lurking. That said, the fact that this position has been accepted means I’d be surprised if Crimsn wasn’t high up the list of Sophie’s convert priorities.

On 15/04/2018 at 10:17 PM, randuir said:

Like Bort, I'll be signing off after finishing this post. I expect I'll be able to make it back before roll-over on other cycles, but I don't expect to wake up early enough this cycle.

First, let me ping everyone that hasn't posted yet: @Droughtbringer, @Eternum, @Walin, @Coop772

Next, I'd like to quickly talk about my lack of suspicions. No one has really done anything that makes me lean elim on them, though very few people have done stuff that makes me lean village either. Orlok's vote on Elenion initially felt off to me, but I think Elim!Orlok would be more sneaky than this if they wanted Elenion lynched, so it's probably just village!Orlok trying to jump-start lynch discussion.

So that's why i won't be voting this cycle. If I thought I could make it before roll-over I might have poked one of our inactives, but since I won't be around to retract my vote in case they turn up before the cycle is over I won't do that either.

@randuir, would you explain what initially felt off about my post, beyond simply encouraging Elenion’s activity?

On 15/04/2018 at 11:15 PM, Walin said:

I’m just saying I’m here, but I won’t have the ability to defend myself or to be really active until more than twelve hours from now. I’m pretty sure that poke votes are a good idea; however I have no suspicions so far so I’m not sending any out.

I’m including this to encourage people to consider it further, or rather to remain aware that Walin’s death gave us no information, but that he announced that he’d return to activity. Elenion decided that killing him would be my style because of this, but I’d point out that when I’m an eliminator I tend to hold myself to very strict rules on not killing new players, those who have died recently, and normally a couple of other conditions. Killing a player soon to return to activity would feel wrong to me. See QF25’s eliminator doc if you want to see evidence of this.

23 hours ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

I see two broad strategies for our secondary lynch. One is to ensure a specific player does not get converted by concentrating our votes on two different players. The other is to spread out the votes among the active players to make it so if Sophie tries to convert one of them and fails, she won't know for sure whether that player has a role. The Steward and/or the lover can mess with either of these plans, but as they're both confirmed village I don't think they'll use their powers just because they can.

As the voting so far has consisted of three votes, two of them pokes, I think I'll go with the second plan for now. Of the six active players with no votes on them, I will put my vote on YoungBard.

@Devotary of Spontaneity, would you explain why you voted for Bard in particular, over other players?

I think the above post makes me lean strongly village on Devotary. It’s a useful way of reducing information for Sophie, and a suggestion I wouldn’t expect Sophie to volunteer.

21 hours ago, Young Bard said:

Excellent. I hoped you'd say that.

Devotary of Spontaneity. This line stuck out to me before:

I double checked, and this was not confirmed in the original rules or in the thread since. So, Devotary must have asked that in a PM or in a doc. Devotary asked a few questions in the signups thread, but this isn't one of them. 

I think this might be what happened. Devotary gets their role PM and discovers they're Sophie. This causes them to start thinking more about what their role can do, and they have more questions about Sophie's abilities. However, they don't want to draw attention to themselves by asking all these questions in thread, so they do so in a PM. Then, with a slip of the tongue, they forget that the answer wasn't public knowledge.

I'll admit, I'm not confident on this, but I think it's significantly more likely than any other lynch I could try to start on Cycle 1.

I’d be very reluctant to lynch Devotary over that. A long time ago, I led a lynch on Ripplegylf for calling the eliminators by the name of the village faction (or some slip of the tongue like that) only to find she was a villager. I’ve only once seen an actual slip of the tongue (Nyali giving away Wilson in AG3), and don’t think this worth pursuing.

21 hours ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

I saw the original version of these rules when Joe posted the idea. I then assumed that this particular rule wouldn't have changed between then and now.

Vote Tally:

Elenion(1): Orlok
Crimsnwolf(1): Bort
YoungBard(1): Devotary
Devotary(1): YoungBard

We should probably have more than four votes on four separate to take advantage of the immunity to conversion mechanic. I'm more inclined to believe YoungBard isn't Sophie now, so I will change my vote to Droughtbringer.

@Devotary of Spontaneity. Interesting - I’d misinterpreted your initial vote on Bard as a protection vote, and would be yet more interested in your explanation for voting on him. Would you explain your vote on Droughtbringer?

19 hours ago, Elenion said:

I think that that's a pretty standard Orlok move. From what I've seen of his playstyle I'm not suspicious, and I'm the one who the vote was on. *chuckles*

At this point it might be best to break out the Contribution Crusade on @Coop772 or on @Eternum, because neither of them have posted yet. Coop for now.

@Elandera @Walin  @Devotary of Spontaneity The forum says you three are on right now, and with only a couple hours to go we're probably going to have to decide today's vote pretty soon. What are your thoughts? I'm up for lynching an inactive, but I have no preference between the two and am open to doing a different lynch altogether.

Edit: @Crimsn-Wolf just saw you were on, too.

@Elenion, why did you think a contribution crusade was a sensible idea in turn 1? What did it gain us? A no lynch would have been preferable, not removing an obstacle from Sophie, as would a lynch of someone who had actually contributed.

19 hours ago, Elenion said:

Any lynch would help Sophie except one on her, but a mislynch on an inactive would hurt discussion less than a mislynch on an active. If everyone looks to be innocent, we have the same chance of success, so we should minimize the risk we take in getting that identical chance of success.

I disagree that a lynch on an active would hurt discussion. People had contributed, and given following activity there remained time to people to discuss a lynch on a player that might generate information. This is a QF, and a small one at that. We can’t afford to have lynches that don’t give us information.

18 hours ago, Young Bard said:

Hmmm... Actually, Devotary's idea might be pretty good - have a number of people on one vote - if Sophie tries and fails to convert one of them, they won't know whether it's because they were immune or whether they had a role.

I may as well swap my vote from Coop to Orlok in order to help that plan.

I think this clears Bard to some degree to me. I’ve recently been quite difficult to lynch, and am perhaps an obvious conversion target. I think acting as Bard did helps the village considerably.

On reflection, Bard could have been Sophie having already not to convert. I’ll need to think about that, and would revise my statement to this making me lean village on Bard.

17 hours ago, Crimsn-Wolf said:

Mm, might as well throw my own vote on Orlok, then.

Won't be super active next cycle, apologies.

I can’t see this a real attempt from @Crimsn-Wolf to kill me. At best it would have resulted in a tie, and it put Crimsn in the spotlight. I see this as nothing more than a genuine mistake.

17 hours ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

Why are we tying the vote on Orlok?

On first reading, this seemed to be genuine confusion to me. On reflection, such confusion is NAI.

17 hours ago, Elenion said:

Wait, what? We voted on Orlok to get him possibly immune, not because we wanted to kill him!

This struck me as off, but I can now see it as a village reaction.

17 hours ago, Crimsn-Wolf said:

See guys? I knew what I was doing! I just wanted to make sure Orlok would be the one who became immune.

I am really sorry, I panicked in the last second. I was going to be adding my vote to Coop, but my fingers decided otherwise.

@Crimsn-Wolf, why would you have joined the vote on Coop? What was your reasoning for wanting to support the lynch of a D1 inactive?

16 hours ago, Elenion said:

I ended last cycle with a "Wait, what?" and I'll begin this one with a "Wait, what?" So it looks like Coop was lynched and Orlok got immunity, which isn't bad. But how was Walin killed? the rules specifically state (emphasis mine)

This seems to clearly state that Sophie has access to a kill if and only if there is a Bot who is not Sophie.

Secondly:

According to the Order of Actions, the elim kill comes before the conversion, so any convert this turn would not have counted towards Sophie having a faction kill or not. That leaves 4 options:

1. Sophie started with a convert, so they had access to the elim kill N1
2. Somehow there is a Knight Lancer out there already
3. I'm misreading the rules
4. GM error

@A Joe in the Bush Can you confirm that the presence of the elim kill was not GM error?

edit: ninja'd!

A paranoid part of me wants to think that Elenion knew the rules differed from the status quo he knew about, and used that to fabricate this reaction, but I think that’s really, really unlikely. As such, I think it’s worth clearing Elenion for now.

16 hours ago, Elandera said:

I agree with most of Elenion's reads, who also appears village based on the Sophie kill analysis. Unless either he or Devotary are playing some serious mind games.

@Elandera, would you give your own reasons for supporting his views? What are your thoughts on Randuir, Elenion, and Bard, and why?

16 hours ago, randuir said:

Well, If she waits too long then all of those she might want to convert are protected by having roles. Converting early increases the chance that a role gets passed to your team. I now agree that Sophie probably has only two lives, because if she had three I see no reason for her to have killed instead of converted this cycle.

As for reads, I think that crimsn-Wolf is likely village, as that was not the kind of stunt a Sophie with no converts would do. On the other hand, she said herself that she intended to hop on the Coop vote, which I something I could see Sophie doing...

I tentatively agree with the rest of Elenion's reads, with the exception of his village read on Young Bard. I don't think there's anything inherently village on working with Devotary's plan.

I expect our Sophie to be one of our more experienced players, btw. The Walin kill gave us very little information without clearing out a true inactive, while I'd expect a newer Sophie to have targeted an obvious threat (or a true inactive) instead. That only really rules out Elandera, Crimsn-wolf and maybe Eternum though.

@randuir, I think you’re leaping far too far with your claim about player experience. I can see both Crimsn and Eternum playing like that - Crimsn has had two games evil, and Eternum has played 9 games. As with Elentara, would you justify agreement with Elenion’s reads?

15 hours ago, Bort said:

I'm not going to place a vote just yet, since we've got most of the day for discussions.

Rereading day one, there is something fishy about Elenium's first post - he got the rules right. Despite Joe's error in the rules, Elenium posted a projected timeline of deaths, which he later "corrected" (to be incorrect) after someone else told him about the typo. It strikes me as a bit odd that he would miss just that line when reading the rules.

And he jumped on the kill very quickly today - genuine confusion, or covering his tracks?

@Bort, on reflection I think such a situation is highly unlikely, particularly given Joe didn’t notice the error until this turn. Had it been a deliberate strategy, I suspect he’d have mentioned it in the eliminator doc.

7 hours ago, Elenion said:

I'm going to vote on Orlok, but this is likely not my final vote. The Walin kill was calculated to deprive the village of the information, and it did not seem to be motivated by fear, which are hallmarks of Orlok's style.

@Elenion, I addressed this earlier, but it’s both a strategy others can use, and it’s not my style to kill players who have just announced that they’ll return to activity.

Concluding thoughts:

I think at varying points Bard, Elenion, Crimsn, and Devotary prove themselves village (or much more likely to be so). Knowing my own alignment, that leaves a list as follows:

1. DroughtBringer (Player List)
  2. Eternum (x/0)
  3. Randuir (Cane)
  4. Bort (Black IC)
  5. Elandera (Rayda)

Of those players, I’d like to hear more from Drought and Eternum, will watch Elendera carefully, as they’ve been playing the “new player” card a bit in my PM with them, but am most suspicious of Bort and Randuir. I’d like to hear more from Bort regarding his vote on Elenion, but really can’t see Randuir misreading the rules as he claims to in his first post. Randuir.

@Elandera, would you give your own reasons for supporting his views? What are your thoughts on Randuir, Elenion, and Bard, and why?

1. DroughtBringer: no read
  2. Eternum: no read
  3. Elenion: me
  4. Devotary: village for not knowing Sophie could kill, but yet Sophie killed
  5. Randuir: slightly village for giving advice, but Rand is crafty
  6. Young Bard: village for attempting to use Devotary's plan to get Orlok immune
  7. Bort: no read
  8. Orlork Tsubodai: no read
  9. Elandera (Rayda): village for being helpful and just seeming genuine
  10. CrimsnWolf (O7npC): village, because the point of being Sophie is to lie low

I haven't been able to get a read off DroughtBringer or Eternum mostly based on little involvement. Devotary and Elenion both strike me as village based on their misunderstanding of the rules (not something Sophie would likely point out on their own). Devotary and Young Bard as village for their seeming honest attempts to counter Sophie's effectiveness. I'm debating mostly between Orlok and Randuir at the moment, leaning more towards Randuir.

As I mentioned when I voted for Randuir, it seems almost like he's trying too hard to distance himself from Sophie and cast doubts elsewhere.

1 hour ago, Orlok Tsubodai said:

Interesting - I’d misinterpreted your initial vote on Bard as a protection vote, and would be yet more interested in your explanation for voting on him. Would you explain your vote on Droughtbringer?

I wanted to vote on someone who had posted, had yet to be voted on, and hadn't recently died in LG44. At the time, that was you, Elandera, and YoungBard. Out of those three, I chose YoungBard. I thought a tied vote put him up to possibly be lynched and I saw his accusation of me as being village indicative, so I switched my vote to Droughtbringer, who had since posted. 

Currently, Randuir is up for the lynch. I would like to see more from @Droughtbringer and @Eternum before I place a final vote.

Orlok shot me a PM, and between that and his big analysis post I'm now reading village on him.

Right now I think that Sophie is one of Bort or Randuir. Rand seems more sneaky, but I agree with him that Bort seems very willing to throw suspicion for a player who claims to not know playstyles enough to vote. Randuir is up for lynch right now, and so we can tell whether his points against Bort were legitimate or nefarious. Right now, I'm going to leave the Randuir lynch where it's at and vote Crimsn to give her a chance of becoming unconvertable. I'll likely be on again before turnover, and if another lynch begins to lead other than Rand (or Bort, a lynch I'd actually rather take over Rand, but I don't think there are others who would support me) I'll move my vote to Rand.

I had a half finished post that I got distracted from yesterday, which has now been swallowed into the ether. :( (It's largely out of date, anyway, I suppose, so I'd basically have to have rewritten it anyway, but still...)

1. DroughtBringer (Player List) - no read. I'd feel comfortable lynching them right now.
  2. Eternum (x/0) - no read, but I find it unlikely they're Sophie because I don't think they've put enough attention into the game to really submit actions so far.
  3. Elenion (TK421) - I'm going to say a very slight village read - it would be a moderate read but I'd prefer to be more paranoid then clear someone I shouldn't this game. (Len, I'd like to ask what it is about your PM and the analysis post that struck you as village specifically.)
  4. Devotary (Player4.exe) - I agree with most other peoples analysis that Devotary seems cleared. (Orlok, I'm sure there's been at least one other game I've played where a slip of the tongue has revealed an Eliminator, even though I can't think of it right now. It was a while ago, though, I'll admit.)
  5. Randuir (Cane) - I've had a slight village read on Rand since Cycle 1. (Specifically, the tone of the post where Rand discussed role claiming felt honest to me as a gut read.)
  6. Young Bard (Halting Algorithm) - me
  7. Bort (Black IC) - No read. I'd feel most comfortable lynching them at this point, but I also know their playstyle the least, not having played with them before, which makes me reluctant.
  8. Orlok Tsubodai (McAfee) - Orlok's long post analysing the game felt honest - it seems like they were catching up and giving their genuine reactions to things that happened, so slight village read. Also, non-game talk: How do you quote from people in a previous cycle (apart from copy pasting what they said into a quote box)? I've been trying to work that out for several games now.
  9. Elandera (Rayda) - Moderate to strong village. I have a PM with them, and they seem fairly villagery to me right now.
  10. CrimsnWolf (O7npC) - Village - I don't think Sophie would have done something like that at the end of Cycle 1, as it was only going to draw suspicion.

Vote Count, as I think it stands:

Bort (1): Drought
Elenion (1): Bort
Drought (1): Randuir
Randuir (2): Elandera, Orlok
Crimsn (1): Len

At the moment, Rand is getting lynched. While that isn't the worst choice, it's not the best choice either.

Removing the people who I have trust reads on (or who I said I thought were unlikely to be Sophie, which is the same thing right now) from the list of players gives this:

1. DroughtBringer (Player List)
  2. Bort (Black IC)
  3. Orlok Tsubodai (McAfee)

I'm going to vote for Droughtbringer for now, because I'm most comfortable lynching them, and since we have an hour left. If there's only a few minutes left in the cycle, and it looks like it's going to go to a coinflip, I'll probably swap votes to Elandera, Orlok, or myself as a preventative measure. Actually... I may or may not - Joe, will you be saying who has immunity in the write-up like you did this cycle if the immunity comes down a coinflip?

If the answer to that is yes, I'll have to think about what I do, because I'm not exactly sure.

1 hour ago, Elenion said:

Right now I think that Sophie is one of Bort or Randuir. Rand seems more sneaky, but I agree with him that Bort seems very willing to throw suspicion for a player who claims to not know playstyles enough to vote. Randuir is up for lynch right now, and so we can tell whether his points against Bort were legitimate or nefarious. Right now, I'm going to leave the Randuir lynch where it's at and vote [Crimsn] to give her a chance of becoming unconvertable. I'll likely be on again before turnover, and if another lynch begins to lead other than Rand (or Bort, a lynch I'd actually rather take over Rand, but I don't think there are others who would support me) I'll move my vote to Rand.

It was possible to lynch an inactive with only two votes, but we won’t be able to do the same for an active Sophie. I believe midnight PST is late enough in the morning for both Bort and Randuir that they could hammer at least a tie, should either of them be Sophie.

Randuir has been the only one so far to comment on Orlok’s tentative idea to lynch the steward. While doing so might be better than lynching a machineborn, it would cost us a cycle, which we don’t have too many of. Randuir’s disapproval of this plan makes me lean towards a village read, as Sophie would benefit from having the steward claim. 

Bard, why are you removing Eternum from suspicion for being too inactive but not Drought? Drought has made only two posts, one of them merely saying he was there.

However, a tie vote makes it difficult to lynch Sophie. I won’t be able to post again, and the whole thread seems to be dead with less than an hour left in the cycle. Neither Drought or Eternum posted again, though the latter viewed the thread within the last hour. I suppose I will vote for Bort  , and hope Elenion and YoungBard can work something out.

Sorry for no notice, but I must have missed Drought voting on Bort. As I said above, I find Bort more suspicious than Rand, so I'm going to move my vote to Bort, putting the number of votes on him at 2. @Young Bard would you be interested in adding a third vote to Bort?

14 minutes ago, Young Bard said:

Len, I'd like to ask what it is about your PM and the analysis post that struck you as village specifically.

Toneread, primarily, and the way he approached the problem of us suspecting each other.

A wild Devotary post appeared as I'm typing! Now the Bort lynch is a reality.

6 hours ago, Orlok Tsubodai said:

@randuir, I struggle to believe that you read through the rules post enough to comment on the role progression, the subject of your post, yet didn’t see in the same post Joe’s very obvious “Melhi's Bots are a Conversion Faction, only starting with one player: Sophie who has multiple lives.”

Would you explain this? At present it reads to me like you were trying to distance yourself from Sophie

You're allowed to struggle to believe that, but me missing that is pretty much exactly what happened. The roles where the point of interest for me because they did something new (the progression to ever stronger roles), while I thought I knew most of the stuff about Sophie already (eliminator faction that can convert). When I started wondering about whether Sophie started alone I read through it again, but skipped over the line you're quoting here. If you look back to Lg43, I have a 'talent' for being quite aware about what some parts of the rules do, yet being either unaware or mistaken about what other parts to, despite the rules being quite clear on that front, and even very close to stuff I did get right.

6 hours ago, Orlok Tsubodai said:

@randuir, would you explain what initially felt off about my post, beyond simply encouraging Elenion’s activity?

The thing that felt off was your mention of 'until you convince me otherwise'. This felt like too open ended for something that was apparently intended to be just a poke vote.

@randuir, I think you’re leaping far too far with your claim about player experience. I can see both Crimsn and Eternum playing like that - Crimsn has had two games evil, and Eternum has played 9 games. As with Elentara, would you justify agreement with Elenion’s reads?

Honestly, my perception of who is and isn't new might have been skewed somewhat (based on Eternum's comment I already dropped him from the 'new'list, while I think I just haven't played that many games with Crimsn). It might be that I'm reading too much into it, but we've had very little information, so I'll try to make use of anything I think could point us to Sophie. I also gave more detail on those reads in this post:  

Of those players, I’d like to hear more from Drought and Eternum, will watch Elendera carefully, as they’ve been playing the “new player” card a bit in my PM with them, but am most suspicious of Bort and Randuir. I’d like to hear more from Bort regarding his vote on Elenion, but really can’t see Randuir misreading the rules as he claims to in his first post. Randuir.

As I said, you're allowed to believe that, but I think LG43 proved you wrong. That was a far more complicated game, of course, but it's the same kind of mistake as I made there.

6 hours ago, Elandera said:

I'm going to place my vote on Randuir for now. It's a tentative idea, but I have some suspicions he may be pushing too hard for votes on others.

Voting is important for gaining information. As Elenion pointed out, we've only got a couple of cycles to lynch Sophie or a bot, and if we all just sit around hoping for information to come to us, nothing will happen. By voting you force the discussion to take place.

tally

Bort (3): Drought, Elenion, Devotary
Drought (2): Randuir, Young Bard
Randuir (2): Elandera, Orlok
Crimsn (0): Len

Edited by randuir
grammar

Mm, I apologize for my lack of contribution thus far in the game. Have been having issues with focusing lately, as well as schoolwork fun things. 

I haven't really been able to get many reads from people, so I am just going to go with the flow of votes this cycle, and place my vote on Bort, as well. 

I will try and actually do some speculations in the next cycle or so, I am just currently on annoying medication that makes it reallllllly hard to focus on things.

8 minutes ago, Crimsn-Wolf said:

Mm, I apologize for my lack of contribution thus far in the game. Have been having issues with focusing lately, as well as schoolwork fun things. 

I haven't really been able to get many reads from people, so I am just going to go with the flow of votes this cycle, and place my vote on Bort, as well. 

I will try and actually do some speculations in the next cycle or so, I am just currently on annoying medication that makes it reallllllly hard to focus on things.

Just wanted to point out that untill about 10 minutes ago, the flow of the thread was going after me or Drought. If you've got the time, could you read through the arguments against the three of us and decide based on that who you'd rather vote on?

@Elandera, sure, I'm willing to spread the votes around a bit more.

Edit: I want to see if Crimsn decides to change her vote. Once she's made her choice, I'll move my vote to spread out the number of votes, if necessary.

Edited by randuir

4 minutes ago, randuir said:

Just wanted to point out that untill about 10 minutes ago, the flow of the thread was going after me or Drought. If you've got the time, could you read through the arguments against the three of us and decide based on that who you'd rather vote on?

@Elandera, sure, I'm willing to spread the votes around a bit more.

Alright, I'm switching my vote to Young Bard, and off Randuir. Rand, you should consider either me or Orlok as Bard pointed out earlier 

Edited by Elandera
Grammar

57 minutes ago, Young Bard said:

Also, non-game talk: How do you quote from people in a previous cycle (apart from copy pasting what they said into a quote box)? I've been trying to work that out for several games now.

If you go to their profile page, and click on the link to the post you want, you'll get an url linking to the specific post. Putting that in your post here will give you a clear link to that post. You shouldn't do this with posts in the current thread though, as those links break once the thread gets merged.

I'll move my vote to Devotary. We've all been talking about how likely he is to not be sophie, so I'd prefer it if Sophie doesn't get the chance to convert him.

tally

Bort (3): Drought, Elenion, Devotary

Drought (1): Randuir, Young Bard

Randuir (1): Elandera, Orlok

Crimsn (0): Len

Young Bard(1): Elandara

Devotary (1): Randuir

Edited by randuir
Formatting

OK, I'm going to take my vote off of Drought, and move my vote over to Elandara. If my head vote tally is correct, that will place everyone on one vote, except for Eternum at zero (who's inactive anyway), Orlok at zero, who has immunity for a cycle, Bort at three who's getting lynched.

1 minute ago, Young Bard said:

OK, I'm going to take my vote off of Drought, and move my vote over to Elandara. If my head vote tally is correct, that will place everyone on one vote, except for Eternum at zero (who's inactive anyway), Orlok at zero, who has immunity for a cycle, Bort at three who's getting lynched.

That drops drought to 0 as well, as I'd already moved my vote.

[ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND (0x2)]

“Indeed my lord, I am still examining the other members of your retinue. Many need to be maintained. They could be at risk to Melhi’s influences.” The steward summarized, as he unrolled the meticulously detailed scroll.
“You know I don’t have the skill to do both.” Kai replied. He looked away from the steward, and out over his city. Ten’s of thousands of Machine Born, all susceptible to other Life Born’s hacking. He really should figure the skill out, but being born in a Primary Fantastical State hadn’t  given him many opportunities to learn the art. From their first clash, he knew Melhi was from a Sci-Fi and Emerging Equality State, which gave him an entire life to learn how to hack in order to survive. He had been referred to as a Shadow Runner before. Good thing he had a Black IC to protect his virtual reality. “What about Black IC? How is he doing?”
The Steward hesitated. “He got Decked out.”
“Like punched?”
“More like his code was punched. Or like someone tried to hack him by slamming a keyboard into his face.
“I would try that.” Kai had seen few problems that could not be solved by slamming something into someone’s face. “But, you’re telling me he’s dead?”
“Indeed my lord. Killed by fellow Machine Born, who believed him to be too artificial to be real, and thus decided he was Melhi’s Replicant. Instead of an Anti Virus program.”
Kai sighed. “Ask the others to be more gentle, and to come to me if they suspect someone. Now, I need to go check Player List’s coding. Wouldn’t want him to get hacked.”

Bort was a Machineborn!

Vote tally:
Drought(1): Bard
Bort(3): Devotary, Elenion, Crimsn
Eternum(1): Drought
Randuir(1): Orlok
Elenion(1): Bort
Bard(1): Elandera
Devotary(1): Randuir

The Turn will end in
bla_1524034799.png

Player List: