<MISSING VARIABLE>

This is a Sanderson Elimination Quick Fix game set in the Perfect State Universe. If you haven't read the story, you can learn everything you need to know by reading the first chapter for free. This conflict takes place in the Virtual World of Alornia. Kai's Machineborn are being hacked, and turned into Melhi's Bots.

Melhi's Bots are a Conversion Faction, only starting with one player: Sophie who has multiple lives. She can trade them in to convert players to her cause. If there is a Bot who is not Sophie, all the Bots have access to a doc, and the faction can make a kill. But there are a few twist's on this conversion. If a player had the 2nd most votes on them that cycle, or the previous cycle, they cannot be converted, allowing for preventative voting. In addition, Sophie cannot convert villagers that have a role. Because of this, Sophie can target a list of up to 3 players to convert per turn. If her first choice has a role, they are notified that Sophie attempted to convert them, and the next player on the list will be converted.

The Machineborn only have 3 Unique roles. These roles pass on to a random roleless player of any Alignment when they die, and each time the role is passed on, it gains a new ability, in addition to keeping their old action.
The Knight can defend a player from 1 attack. The Knight Errant’s Defense will block an attack or a conversion. And The Knight Lancer can Kill a Player.
The Steward can move a player's vote. The Grand Steward can Target a player and learn if they have been converted. The Royal Steward can learn a player's alignment.
The Lover can cancel a player's vote. The Fiance can cancel a player's action. The Spouse can prevent a player from speaking outside the thread for the next cycle.

The Game ends when one faction is completely dead, or checkmated.
——
PM’s are completely Open.
Each player may only take 1 action per turn. Conversions, and Killings both count as actions.
The Order of Action:
Roleblocking (Lover, Fiance, Spouse)
Defenses (Knight, Knight Errant)
Votes (Steward, Voting)
Attacks (Melhi Faction Kill, Knight Lancer)
Scans (Grand Steward, Royal Steward)
Conversions (Sophie)

——

Rollover is at Midnight PST. The Game will begin at the Midnight between the 14th and the 15th.

bla_1523775599.png

Player List:

1.  DroughtBringer (Player List)
  2. Eternum (x/0)
  3. Elenion (TK421)
  4. Devotary (Player4.exe)
  5. Kynedath (Clippy) Converted Machineborn
  6. Randuir (Cane)
  7. Walin (Whatterthose`); DROP- TABLE Elims;--)
  8. Young Bard (Halting Algorithm)
  9. Bort (Black IC)
  10. Orlork Tsubodai (McAfee)
  11. Elandera (Rayda)
  12. CrimsnWolf (O7npC)
  13. Coop (Salthis)

Quick Links:

Person4.exe is signing up. 

Which actions stack? Can the Royal Steward move a player's vote while learning their alignment? Can the spouse as a single action cancel a player's action in addition to preventing them from speaking in PMs and the Bot doc?

Will a player protected from conversion by the Knight's defense or having sufficient votes be informed that Sophie attempted to convert them?

12 minutes ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

Person4.exe is signing up. 

Which actions stack? Can the Royal Steward move a player's vote while learning their alignment? Can the spouse as a single action cancel a player's action in addition to preventing them from speaking in PMs and the Bot doc?

Will a player protected from conversion by the Knight's defense or having sufficient votes be informed that Sophie attempted to convert them?

Actions do not stack. Roles have access to up to 3 abilities, and must choose which 1 ability they wish to use.

Yes, if sophie attempts to convert you, you will know of it.

I have only read the excerpt that is linked in the beginning, and I may be somewhat occupied with the LG which I would like to be more dedicated to, but I'll sign up for this game too. Uhh, how about I sign up as Clippy? I'll do my best to be involved, so I'll be fifth to sign up I guess.

I shouldn't sign up for this, as being part of two games at once generally doesn't work for me.

I really liked oerfect state though, so sign me up as Cane, keeper of the armory.

Edited by randuir

I will sign up as Whatterthose`); DRO- TABLE Elims;--

I left out the P in DROP because I’m not sure whether the Shard’s “database inputs are sanitized,” whatever the comic meant by that.

Edited by Walin
Added “Whatterthose”

1 hour ago, Walin said:

I left out the P in DROP because I’m not sure whether the Shard’s “database inputs are sanitized,” whatever the comic meant by that.

They should be. Allowing SQL inputs in forum posts would have broken this place ages ago. I'm not even sure whether these posts go into an SQL database of sorts. Almost feel tempted to ping an administrator to find out, though.

I'll sign up as Halting Algorithm.exe

I'll let all the other algorithms know whether they're expected to run for the length of the game, or, well... Halt. :P

Until, of course, people realize that a Halting Algorithm can't exist, and I'm making everything up...

We have 8 players so far. I didn't really plan on how many players minimum would be required to run this game, but i would prefer a bit more than just 8. If no one else signs up, I'll remove the Lover Role from the game, and we can start. Or would you all prefer we don't start unless we get at least 11 players?