Hoid in Volume 2? (Volume 2 spoilers)

SylphrenaHonorSpren

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

As I read Vol 1 and 2 for the first time, my first guess was that Lord Nilto could have been Hoid! Maybe it's a silly thought but he is disguised, manipulating the powers at be (possibly even the criminal underworld), non-traditionally respected, and, it's so anecdotal, but bowing and agreeing with someone when they call you 'a horrible man' is the Hoid-iest thing I can imagine.

I'm pretty new to the guessing game (actually finishing WS 2 today has me finally caught up with all the cosmere.) 

Welcome to the SHard!

Ahhh, we know Nilto isn't Hoid. Brandon mentioned a while back that Hoid only got an indirect reference in the prose version of White Sand as one of Ais' old cases. This means that he can't be any character who actually shows up in person, or outside of that context, while Nilto plays the same role in the graphic novels that he did in the prose and thus is out of the running for Hoid's cameo. Not a bad bit of lateral thinking though!

Edited by Weltall