Mistborn/Firefly character ablilities

Gasper

So I am almost finished with the Arcanum Unbound. Also I am rewatching Firefly. That got me thinking, what would the Serenity's crews Metallic Arts be?

Here is what I have so far:

Mal: A-? F-Gold

Zoe: ?

Wash: A-Brass F-Bronze

Jayne: A-Pewter F-Pewter

Kaylee: A-Iron F-?

Inara: A-Zinc F-Duralumin

Book: A-Gold F-Copper

Simon: A-Brass F-Zinc

River: A-? F-Steel

What are your thoughts? Do you have any other suggestions and or different combinations?

Insofar as River is a mentally deranged super-soldier who displays amazing physical and mental feats when sufficiently pressed and lucid, I think she'd need more than just a Twinborn package. So throw in a bunch of hemalurgic spikes for whatever you don't want to give her naturally, to get both the extra powers and the fun flavor of insanity. My guess for an obvious allomantic power would be Tin to represent enhanced senses. Other ideas for her would be A-Pewter for the enhanced reflexes, A-Brass/Zinc (about as close to her psychic powers as allomancy allows for), F-Iron to make ceiling climbing easier and F-Zinc for her super-intelligence.

For Kaylee, I'm going to ignore literal application of powers and just go thematic. She's got the sunniest of dispositions so she gets F-Brass that lets her store 'Warmth'. If I were thinking more displayed talents, probably I'd have gone with F-Copper for her encyclopedic knowledge of technology, but I think F-Brass just fits her better thematically. xD

For Zoe... F-Electrum sounds pretty appropriate. Not as sure about an allomantic power, A-Steel maybe? Or the ever-popular A-Pewter.

Edited by Weltall

Personally, I'd restrict each person to one power. I think that fits better with their perpetual underdog status.

I think F-Gold is a great match for Mal. He does have an uncanny ability to suffer horrible injuries (including multiple gunshot wounds, and the loss of an ear) and then miraculously recover from them. He keeps getting beaten, but he won't stay down.

River is an atium misting. That accounts for her combat skills, and for her mysterious sixth sense.

Inara is a Soother (A-Brass). That should come in handy in her line of work. A-Zinc could also work, though it seems a bit less classy.

Zoe is a Pinnacle (F-Electrum). She seems like an extremely focused, determined person. She fills her metalminds when she's alone with Wash, then taps them throughout the day.

Kaylee is a Lurcher (A-Iron). It's every mechanic's dream: she can summon tools from across the room, climb all over the engine, and rip out faulty components.

Simon is an Augur (A-Gold), so he can obsess over the live he left behind.

Book is F-Copper. He's a storehouse of scripture, and of secrets.

Wash is a Skimmer (F-Iron). He can reduce his weight to the point where he can float, like a leaf on the wind.

Jayne is a Thug. That is all.

Edited by Belzedar

Yeah, I can see your point. Originally I just had thought of Inara and Jayne. Mal was next, naturally. 

My reasoning for Inara was that she could riot certain emotions. Also, one of the reasons she not as close to the rest of the crew as you might think is that she is constantly storing connection. Mal being F-Gold would be the only explanation for his constant survival, outside of Simon's skill as a surgeon. 

I had not thought of River as a Atium misting, but it would totally make sense, maybe some sort of hemallurgic atium misting?

14 minutes ago, Gasper said:

I had not thought of River as a Atium misting, but it would totally make sense, maybe some sort of hemallurgic atium misting?

I do recall the alliance sticking a spike in her head.

• Chaos locked this topic