So lets hear everyone's favorite excerpts.

GCBL

“Why hasn't anyone killed him yet?”

“Dumb luck,” Wit said. “In that I’m lucky you’re all so dumb.” 

Gotta love Wit.

“What are you doing here, bridgeboy?” Adolin hissed from within his helmet.

“Playing one of the ten fools.”

Adolin grunted. “Welcome to the party.” 

The beginning of a beautiful bromance! And it keeps getting better:

“Kaladin frowned. “Wait. Are you wearing cologne? In prison?”

“Well, there was no need to be barbaric, just because I was incarcerated.”

“Storms, you’re spoiled,” Kaladin said, smiling.

“I’m refined, you insolent farmer,” Adolin said. Then he grinned. “Besides, I’ll have you know that I had to use cold water for my baths while here.”

“Poor boy.” 

I was dying of laughter all throughout this scene. The other hilarious part was Adolin's inability to believe that Shallan hugged Wit...

It took me a few minutes to recover after reading it for the first time :D

My basic reaction was "OMG! Hoid got glomped!"

The thing that got me on re-reading is that it's from Kaladin's point of view and he's practically expecting Shallan to be an assassin - when she "lunges" at Wit he goes for his boot knife (to defend Wit!?)

I was dying of laughter all throughout this scene. The other hilarious part was Adolin's inability to believe that Shallan hugged Wit...

I think he compares it to hugging a whitespine.... LOL.

My absolute favorite line was when Adolin admits out loud having soiled his shardplates three times on purpose... Hours later, I was still laughing. I so wish we had seen the bridgemen "on guard" reaction to that one.

• 1 year later...

"Try not to flirt with the girl," Wit whispered. "Young Adolin seems to be growing possessive. Or...what am I saying? Flirt with the girl, Kaladin. It might make the prince's eyes bulge."

Kaladin snorted. "She's lighteyed."

"So?" Wit asked. "You people are too fixated on that."

"No offense," Kaladin whispered, "but I'd sooner flirt with a chasmfiend."

:lol: I love Wit!

And so I die.

-Dalinar

Not my favorite line for laughing, but it got the biggest reaction out of me in the series.  As an audible listener, I literally shouted "What?!  No way..." and had to take out my iPhone and make sure there was still a couple hours left in the book.  I left my poor husband to put the kids to bed and literally went outside and walked around for over an hour as the battle played out.

Which ended so well with Sadeas standing in the middle of the Justice character.

"I am sorry that you have to die this way." - The entire discussion between Dalinar and the Stormfather before the Everstorm was probaly the most dramatic moment in the series, with hopelessnes both above and below as the world is about to end.

Also, on book one

"You were right, Father, you can't stop a storm by blowing harder, you can't save men by killing others. We should all become surgeons. Every last one of us."

Edited by CognitivePulsePattern

“The purpose of a storyteller is not to tell you how to think, but to give you questions to think upon.”

― Brandon Sanderson, The Way of Kings

And

“Expectations were like fine pottery. The harder you held them, the more likely they were to crack.”

― Brandon Sanderson, The Way of Kings

• 1 month later...

First, they ever popular

• "Honor is dead...But I'll see what I can do."   I kid you not, this line gave me chills!

Also, anything and everything hoid/wit says

• Kaladin: "Why are you here?"

Wit: "Why am I here? Why are any of us here? That's a rather deep questin for a first meeting young bridgeman. I generally prefer introductions before theology. Lunch too, if it can be found. Perhaps a nice nap."

"He lied to protect me"

"I know."

"That secret destroyed him. It destroyed our entire family."

"I know."

"I hate you," she whispered, staring into her mother's dead eyes.

"I know." Pattern buzzed softly. "Eventually you will kill me, and you will have your revenge."

"I don't want revenge. I want my family."

Shallan wrapped her arms around herself and buried her head in them, weeping as the illusion bled white smoke, then vanished, leaving her in an empty room.

So maybe this one isn't happy funtimes, but the feels it gives are incredible.

• Chaos locked this topic