Long Game 44: Shadows of Elantris Redux

Herowannabe

Just now, Mraize said:

One thing. What happens right as the game starts, after roles are sent out?

Not quite sure what you mean, but generally the start of the game will include the following, in roughly this order:

1. Role/Faction PMs are sent out
  2. A new thread will be posted including "LG44: Cycle 1" in the title
    1. The thread will include a write-up that sets the stage for Roleplay
  3. A PM group will be started for any Elantrians in the game
  4. The game begins, and players will be able to start posting, sending in actions, and voting to lynch someone (we will be starting on a Day cycle)
  5. A Spec doc will be started for the Spectators
  6. I'm planning on creating a Pinch Hitter PM to act as a pseudo-spec doc, but one in which we can kick players out of once they step in to take someone's place (we wouldn't want them getting any special info from the PM group once they start playing). 

If that doesn't answer your question, just respond and let me know exactly what you're asking after. 

15 minutes ago, Mraize said:

No that is perfect. Thanks! So I'll probably be to tomorrow around this time. Proabably an hour earlier. Mondays will be like that as well as Fridays. So I won't really miss anything too important until I get on?

No. The reason that the cycles are as long as they are (48 hours for days, 24 for nights) is to give everyone plenty of time to get on and contribute. Obviously you won't be able to be on ALL the time, but as long as you are able to check the thread and post at least once per cycle you should be alright. 

Everyone who is playing please check the 2nd post of this thread and make sure I’ve got your name on the list. I’ve already been made aware of 2 people who have signed up that I missed. I think I forgot to click “save” when I edited their names in. 

23 minutes ago, Herowannabe said:

Everyone who is playing please check the 2nd post of this thread and make sure I’ve got your name on the list. I’ve already been made aware of 2 people who have signed up that I missed. I think I forgot to click “save” when I edited their names in. 

I think you misunderstood my sign up post. I'll be more clear this time:

I'm signing up as "In"

Trumpet Guy (who shouldn't even be here) blares out a royal tune, grabbing the attention of all awaiting the start of the game.

"Come, one and all, and gaze upon who will be within your city for the next few weeks!"

He kept it vague because truly, he had no idea where he was. Or who this person actually was, but Trumpet Guy was good at two things: the Trumpet, and Introductions. So that was what he was gonna do.

Unfortunately, Trumpet Guy will never reach a point where he can make a true introduction for the person signing up.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I landed on the floor hard, glad that my shell had not cracked when I landed. Man, that would've really ruined the introduction by Trumpet Guy. I double-checked by non-existent pocket to see if I still had my family picture with me, the one thing that I was told to never lose. Without it, how was I different from any other of my kind? With no distinguishing features between any of us, we've had to fall to more material things to know who is actually who.

Image result for imperial mint

Enjoy your holiday, Son! ~ Mum (And the others too)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trumpet Guy stared at the Imperial Mint on the floor. Was this? Could it? How? 

Then he heard (?) the Mint say to him:

"Do your thing then, or do you not see Mints every day?"

So Trumpet Guy played his Trumpet.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With a satisfactory tune to accompany Mint, he turned to address his new crowd of soon to be loyal followers.

"First things first, You peasants shall address me as the Imperial Mint, only the inner circle may call me Mint. Secondly, I have been sent here for some ill-forgotten reason, I am sure. If someone would deign to explain to me where exactly I am, one might expect to rise swiftly within my court. 

Lastly, I would ask you all to avoid sweetly confections for a while, until I know which ones are loyal to me and which ones shall try to rebel."

Mint rolled away, leaving the crowd behind him.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Howdy folks, Stink here. Mint will ignore anyone that does not refer to him as Imperial Mint, and Stink will not be playing this game so don't use Stink to address me. You're addressing Mint this game, and he doesn't put people in the inner circle needlessly. 

So yes, hopefully doing RP throughout. Maybe not in the style of verbose descriptions of every scene and how the ground is cobbled but not by a cobbler that makes shoes. RP as in Mint is playing and Mint will think through stuff and ignore peasants that do not respect him. If that annoys you, then maybe you can try to convince Mint to be nice to the peasants. 

On 03.04.2018 at 8:59 AM, Herowannabe said:

Arinian: Eilen the Janitor 

Wait a second <_<! Eilen surely not Janitor! Eilen is traveler(worldhopper, but you don't know it) with talking sword which don't likes to talk, well no one heard this sword talking but he undoubtedly should be able to do that! Probably Eilen little bit insane but I'm still not sure in it.

If you probably want to know how my character looks like. He is tall(well-knit) with long blond hair(not very long, to the shoulder, curving on the ends), light green eyes, usualy wears old brown jacket, and of course always carrying longsword on his waist, behavior depends on his mood, usually lazy and unserious. 

Some pregame RP:

Eilen stood on the hill looking down on the plain – plain that once didn’t have any flaws now was scarred by giant crack. He yawned strolling down the hill closer to the canyon.

“Previous time when I was on Sel it didn’t exist. What you think about that?” He asked looking on the longsword tied to his waist, his question remained unanswered, as always.

So he just shrugged and continued his walk down the hill. Dark clouds thickened promising imminent downpour, wind blew dust and leaves tangling his blond hair.

“My luck is like bottomless well of cakes and free beer with beautiful women dancing on the rainbow, just instead of that all I usually get storms, wars and bloody insane people that trying to murder me and put my brain in jar…” Eilen wearily huffed and pulled green apple from right pocket of his old brown jacket.

The moment and now edge of crack was just in two steps in front of him. Eilen stopped chewing with full mouth juice dripped down from his chin. He threw rest of apple in crack then stepped forward. Now he balanced on edge leaning back forward, wind started to blow stronger threatening to throw him down. Eilen spread his hands and made one short step back, thunder shattered silence, first raindrops began to beat their song.

Rain was calm but cold, still Eilen turned his face to the sky with closed eyes he smiled to the coming storm cause there no place for grieve in things that you can't change, smile while you can, it's not time for tears of rage.

Eilen sighed and made one more step back from the edge.

“Ahh… Okay, time to do things for which we came here”. He pulled sword from sheath and slammed into the ground, closed eyes and folded his arms on hilt.

“Let’s see what caused this destruction and do you have any connection to it parasite

Couple hours later

Weak rain now turned in the storm, lightning struck without stop accompanied with thunder that felt almost like earthquake.  Clothes were soaked and wind pierced with cold right to the bone. Eilen shivered then raised hand and wiped water from face.

“Nothing, again nothing. What I even expected? Useless waste of time! And it’s all your fault!” He screamed on sword, pulled it and threw in canyon. Moment later he felt weakness, feeling like all bones in his body disappeared, he fell on knees gasping with pain. Another second and feeling faded, sword again lied in sheath.

“Ohh, colours. No, no… enough for me. Now I will find warm tavern and will sit drunken in my room for month or two”. He stood up and with uneven steps started to walk in direction of Kae.

“I hate it all…” He grinned, it’s not time to grieve, time to get drunk.

Edited by Arinian

Hm, why not. Sign me up as Dio Brando, an exceptionally power-hungry, flamboyant narcissist with luscious blonde hair and a ridiculously chiseled bod. Don't mind the fangs. There's no vampires on Sel, after all.

Edit: Hello to you too, Lopen

Edited by Amanuensis

Sorry to back out just before the game starts, but I've realized that I probably won't have time to participate as much as I'd like, and I'd rather not participate on a sub-par level.

Terribly sorry.  Perhaps Kiilian will be back someday.

Last minute signups, especially when I can’t get in touch with any of my fellow GMs, have the unfortunate tendency of delaying the D1 writeup. But it’s great to have you guys anyway. Welcome to @Amanuensis, @TheMightyLopen and @Hemalurgic Headshot.

Role PMs, and the first day being posted, will probably be slightly delayed. Sorry for the inconvenience. 

43 minutes ago, Magestar said:

Sorry to back out just before the game starts, but I've realized that I probably won't have time to participate as much as I'd like, and I'd rather not participate on a sub-par level.

Terribly sorry.  Perhaps Kiilian will be back someday.

What @TheYoungPyromancer said. ;) Alternatively, I can let you into the Spec doc if you want.

26 minutes ago, Fifth Scholar said:

Last minute signups, especially when I can’t get in touch with any of my fellow GMs, have the unfortunate tendency of delaying the D1 writeup. But it’s great to have you guys anyway. Welcome to @Amanuensis, @TheMightyLopen and @Hemalurgic Headshot.

Role PMs, and the first day being posted, will probably be slightly delayed. Sorry for the inconvenience. 

Yes, this. And I'm here now! I got delayed a bit, but I'm working on getting roles figured out and sent out and the writeup done. Signups close in about 7 minutes, and the Day 1 writeup will be up in an hour or so. 

Sign-ups are officially closed. Stay tuned for Role PMs and the start of the game. 

Edited by Herowannabe