Long Game 44: Shadows of Elantris Redux

Herowannabe

I am in. How much background are you looking for? I'll post it under this once I know.

Background:

Sahin Arehe was heir to Are Plantation. Was, being the keyword. The original will was lost. A false will had been discovered. How did Sahin know? There was a small portion of the seal that wasn't right, nor was the writing of his father the same stylization. The Ls were not curled and the Is were dotted. He tore up his copy of his will, angrily looking into the mirror. His hazel eyes stared out at him. Sahin had spiked dark brown hair and sharp features. He wore a tailored black and gold military outfit. He belted on two short swords around his waist and strapped a broadsword to his back. Sahin swung a black cloak around his back and clasped it around his neck. He walked from his room and down the stairs to the door where he exited quietly. He made his way to the stables and saddled Eonae. Sahin began the journey into Arelon. He had scheduled a meeting with the king later that day.

(More?)

Edited by Sahin the Just
Adding Background

I don't know if I can play, but I have been thinking about the Hoed rule.  I believe the optimal choice is "Ask yes or no questions."  You can say yes or no.  For maybes you can post "yes or no".  It also serves as a prompt for those who are not sure what to do.

Any other ideas on what the optimal choice might be?

Edited by TheYoungPyromancer
Grammar

Wow, I really like some of these rules.

Fine, I suppose I can make time for this. Sign me up.

I shall be Ateshao, an itinerant tinker.

2 minutes ago, TheYoungPyromancer said:

I don't know if I can play, but I have been thinking about the Hoed rule.  I believe the optimal choice is "Ask yes or no questions."  You can say yes or no.  For maybes you can post "yes or no".  It also serves as a prompt for those who are not sure what to do.

That depends somewhat on what @Herowannabe would permit. It would not be terrifically difficult to encode/decode more complex messages to/from base 5.

31 minutes ago, TheYoungPyromancer said:

With 5 words, and a premade table, to encode things, i can easily say who i suspect, what role i think they have, and what post i got the info from. Your morse code idea works even better. It all depends on what you want. Personnaly, my five words will be "drink my potions or die" and that will be the only order i use them in. =P

Anyone want a potion?

Unfortunately, I need a break from SE for a short time (just one or two LGs probably, and I might even be swayed back earlier than intended), so I'll sit this one out.  I'm sure I'll read it as it goes, though.  I'll take a spec doc link, though I don't promise to actually be active there either.

The time when we are losing the FINAL boss fight...

We are about to die...

Drink potion... turns me into a frog!

Even closer to dying...

Unmorph and drink other potion...

It's really strong! I copy the bosses last multiattack! 50 damage and boss kill while I was sitting down!

Edited by TheYoungPyromancer

Thanks to everyone signing up! I usually like to give a Like to everybody who signs up for my games, but I'm out of likes for the day so I'll have to come back and get them tomorrow. 

8 hours ago, Sahin the Just said:

I am in. How much background are you looking for? I'll post it under this once I know.

Like @Elbereth said, it's really up to you. You'll see some people who like to do extensive roleplaying in every post, some people who like to just sign up using their own user name and don't RP at all, and everything in between. Pick the level of RP you're happy with and run with it. :) Also it looks like this is your first Sanderson Elimination game- Welcome! And don't worry, if when someone stabs you in the back it means they like you. ;)

6 hours ago, The Honey Badger said:

Thanks for the little poke @Herowannabe, I would like to play SE again. Signing on for this game as Eoni, A peasant from Arelon who harbors misguided and vivid visions of grandeur. 

Welcome back Honey Badger! :)

4 hours ago, TheYoungPyromancer said:

4 hours ago, Drake Marshall said:

That depends somewhat on what @Herowannabe would permit. It would not be terrifically difficult to encode/decode more complex messages to/from base 5.

I'll just go ahead and point out that I'm not making any effort to prevent codes, and different formats are allowed, so you could pick any phrase you want and just use bold or italics to do morse code. In LG12 one player even figured out a 5-word phrase that used every letter of the alphabet so that he could just post the phrase over and over and highlight the letters he wanted to use to say whatever he needed to say (he never got made Hoed though). So if you do become Hoed, my advice is to have fun with it. :D

4 hours ago, A Joe in the Bush said:

Personnaly, my five words will be "drink my potions or die" and that will be the only order i use them in. =P

Like so. ;)

4 hours ago, Jondesu said:

Unfortunately, I need a break from SE for a short time (just one or two LGs probably, and I might even be swayed back earlier than intended), so I'll sit this one out.  I'm sure I'll read it as it goes, though.  I'll take a spec doc link, though I don't promise to actually be active there either.

Instead of taking a link to the spec doc, could you be persuaded to maybe step in as a pinch hitter in a few weeks, if/when one is needed?

3 hours ago, Kasimir said:

Brings back all the memories, but unfortunately, I don't have the time for this. Best of luck to everyone playing, and all the best to Hreo and the other co-GMs :>

Thanks, and best of luck to you as well!

27 minutes ago, Sahin the Just said:

Since this is my first game can I get a summary In what to expect?

Does it run similar to mafia or werewolf?

I read the rules I swear!

Well if you've read the rules then you'll see Sanderson Elimination is very similar to mafia/werewolves (it's based on those types of games, obviously), though we usually tend to make the rules a little more complicated interesting and give it a Sanderson flavor. This particular game is unique because of the exploring Elantris aspect, and most games don't have more than 2 factions. 

Definitely read the first several posts in the SE General Rules & Etiquette thread if you haven't already, and if you have time I recommend skimming through one or two previously run games. Any of the Anniversary Games (AG's) are a good baseline SE format to read, or the original version of this game, LG12, wouldn't be a bad choice to read to get a good feel for how this game will run. ;) 

Edited by Herowannabe

11 hours ago, Jondesu said:

You darn well better come back in time for my princess bride game. Just sayin’.:P

I will volunteer to be a pinch hitter; I forget whether those are different characters than the ones who leave, so just in case I’ll Aonify a name I’ve already got: Nalter.

Nalteor was a citizen who didn’t know a lot of goings in the city of Arelon. He just did stuff at houses, like writing Aons and tasting food for people who had allergies, enemies, and suspicions.

13 minutes ago, Walin said:

I will volunteer to be a pinch hitter; I forget whether those are different characters than the ones who leave, so just in case I’ll Aonify a name I’ve already got: Nalter.

Nalteor was a citizen who didn’t know a lot of goings in the city of Arelon. He just did stuff at houses, like writing Aons and tasting food for people who had allergies, enemies, and suspicions.

Typically Pinch Hitters just take over the character of the person that they replaced, but I don't see any reason why it HAS to be that way. You'd have the same role and stuff, but you could swap their character out for your own. 

4 hours ago, Steeldancer said:

You darn well better come back in time for my princess bride game. Just sayin’.:P

Oh, I’m sure I will.

@Herowannabe, yeah, I could be a pinch hitter if you’d like. More likely to actually do that than participate in a spec doc anyways. :P