Good twinborn combos?

QuaN7umVo1D

Hi everyone, I was wondering if any of you have come up with some cool twinborn ideas, or if you have favourite twinborn combo? One of my favourite combos is Feruchemical bendalloy and Allomantic pewter for longer and stronger pewter drags. Another one is something I saw somewhere named a "Catcher"- basically a twinborn with Feruchemical steel and Allomantic tin, essentially making a Daredevil on steroids or something like that. Anyways what are your ideas? Cheers!

Whenever I think about this, I always come to the same conclusion: there's nothing I'd rather be than a gold compounder.

But I think a Leecher-Steelrunner would be interesting. The ultimate anti-allomancer operative. 

This one isn't very combat oriented, bur brass compounding would be really fun. It would be the perfect way to calm down kids. South their fears away while tapping/compounding warmth to be like a big, warm teddy bear for the kid. 

Iron compounders would be insane. Compound tons of weight, pull down an airplane, store most of your weight, and then pull on metal behind you and skedaddle while the plane crashes. 

Allomantic pewter and feruchemcial gold would be insane. Or allomantic pewter and feruchemical iron. 

I freaking love coming up with twinborn combos. 

Guest Breaker

Double steel is famously scary. I’m a fan of double Zinc for a weird one. Unlimited mental speed to solve problems and think during a fight, and the ability to screw with other people.

Depending on what F-Nicrosil can do, a compounder might be able to make themself into a fullborn, which is pretty much earthshatteringly broken. 

Really, we need more info about the spiritual powers. Compounding fortune or connection might be incredibly useful. 

Spook showed that Tin and Pewter work wonderfully together, and you could make it work with A-Pewter and F-Tin. Perhaps not quite so well. 

I’m interested in A-Bandalloy and F-Chromium for Fortune making bullets fired at random angles going where you want. 

For quality of life, Feruchemical Bendalloy is excellent. Allomantic Pewter is great. 

But, if we’re being honest, Feruchemical gold is about as good as it gets. Gotta go double gold in a vacuum, given what we know so far. Outside of being trapped forever or restrained, it’s basically unstoppable. Combine it with some Breath, and...

A-bronze F-nicrosil Twinborn because, I don't know how canon the Mistborn game is, F-nicrosil can convert between investiture abilities, and A-bronze because then the twin born can listen to different types of powers and then shift his investiture in his nicrosilmind to match that power. 

On earth I would go with double zinc. Unlimited mental speed and influencing someones feelings is just to good to pass up. On Scadrial I would go with A-Electrum and F-Zinc. Basically see all your possible futures and then manveur yourself into the best position in whatever fight you are in.

Compounding anything is like having an infinite feruchemical attribute, so long as you have access to the metal, so gold is obviously the most critical one to try for, even if gold is expensive to obtain (with infinite health, I suppose a lot of things become fairly easy to obtain).

We don't know what feruchemical "luck" is like yet, except for a WoB that it's not what you might think based on other works of fiction (like Coinspinner in The Book of Swords), so while it certainly sounds attractive, we don't really know what it would mean.

Double steel = infinite speed + being a Coinshot, plus steel is cheap and easy to get, is probably next; double pewter (Hulk smash!) and double zinc would be next, though having nigh infinite time to think anything over is only as useful as you can actually think something through to the end at all, from an ability standpoint, or would have the mental stamina to stick with it (I mean, if you had infinite mental time, would you do everybody's tax returns? Probably not.)

And don't overlook double brass. Not only are you a Soother, but infinite body heat, combined with an exoskeletal suit that siphoned off your excess body heat into an efficient sink and an array of thermocouples, would make you a walking dynamo of infinite electrical power.

41 minutes ago, robardin said:

double zinc would be next, though having nigh infinite time to think anything over is only as useful as you can actually think something through to the end at all, from an ability standpoint, or would have the mental stamina to stick with it (I mean, if you had infinite mental time, would you do everybody's tax returns? Probably not.)

Zinc actually enhances the ability to think, not just speed alone. 

Alteroden

With [Feruchemical] zinc, you get mental speed. How is that any different from [Feruchemical] steel, except without [physical] speed?

Brandon Sanderson

I think of the mental speed actually turning you into... Let's say you sped up your body, and you wanted to figure out some really complex equations.

Alteroden

So it lets you have intuitive leaps.

Brandon Sanderson

Right. It basically turns you into Ken Jennings. That's how I imagine it.

Kurkistan

So it's not like bullet time?

Brandon Sanderson

No... It'll bullet time a little bit, it certainly will, because you're thinking faster than everyone else, but it has applications beyond bullet timing. Bullet time is really--

Kurkistan

That’s steel’s thing?

Brandon Sanderson

That’s kind of steel's thing. They kind of overlap on that one, because the steel thing... But yeah. It's more like "I think fast, but my reaction speed is not sped up".

source

Zinc is my second choice to steel. 

Guest Breaker

I really do have to say, though, that, based on our current understanding of the Medallions, a Nicrosil Twinborn is stunningly OP. You can make yourself a fullborn, which is the next best thing to a god. 

4 hours ago, Willshaping Crasher said:

I am kind of curious how fast you could go with F-steel and A-bendalloy(at least relative to other peoples perspective).  Also, can you create a new bubble about 10 times per second?

Unfortunately no. The bubble is fixed in place, and there's a few seconds downtime between each bubble.

I think a cadmium coumpounder would be legit. You could build an underwater room, then spend months in it. Of course for you it might only be weeks, but storing breath then using your stored breath would give you tons of time underwater. Plus at the same time, you would be slowing down time for yourself. You sit underwater for a couple of days, and everyone else sees you disappear for weeks. 

It's the perfect way to fake a death. Fall into a lake, and not come up, Everyone will think you've drowned, and then a while later, you just pop up and walk out of the lake like nothing happened.

I think the most efficient for many tasks would be a Bendalloy compbounder. You can store energy on lazy days, then on other days, burn bendalloy, create a speedbubble, and then compound the stored energy to have huge bursts of energy. 

If you were trying to solve a puzzle, you might even beat a zinc compounder. Unless he makes you angry.

@Tineye Navigator unfortunately, I think bendalloy works slightly differently then your expecting.

From the coppermind 

Spoiler

A bendalloy Ferring is known as a Subsumer. Bendalloy is used to store nutrition and calories. While filling a bendalloymind, a Feruchemist is able to eat large quantities of food without becoming full. Tapping such a metalmind will allow the user to go without food. A separate bendalloymind can be used to store fluid intake.[2]

Edit: meant that to be a quote box... 

Edited by Calderis

13 hours ago, Cadmium Compounder said:

I think a cadmium coumpounder would be legit. You could build an underwater room, then spend months in it. Of course for you it might only be weeks, but storing breath then using your stored breath would give you tons of time underwater. Plus at the same time, you would be slowing down time for yourself. You sit underwater for a couple of days, and everyone else sees you disappear for weeks. 

It's the perfect way to fake a death. Fall into a lake, and not come up, Everyone will think you've drowned, and then a while later, you just pop up and walk out of the lake like nothing happened.

I thought this was an oddly detailed description of what a double cadmium Twinborn could do - never mind why ease of faking one's death would be "legit" - and then I saw your username...

Harmony's bands, you've thought about this, haven't you?

Guest Breaker

Problem with Pewter Compounding is that you’ve got a major practical limit on muscle mass before it becomes restrictive. I’d imagine a Nicrosil Compounder who compounded his A-Pewter Investiture and then just flared Pewter would be far, far more dangerous than a Pewter Compounder.

What if someone compoumded pewter?

or well alomantic pewter and feruchemicam gold would be nice.

but i‘d probably wish for alomantic tin and feruchemical gold. Burn as much tin as you can and heal the damage you did to yourself with it.

Edit: Ignore the pewter compounding, have‘nt read the last few comments before posting

Edited by kevinivek2

3 hours ago, kevinivek2 said:

but i‘d probably wish for alomantic tin and feruchemical gold. Burn as much tin as you can and heal the damage you did to yourself with it.

Unfortunately that wouldn't work. If you mean damage like Spook suffered... Savantism alters the soul, so healing doesn't fix it. That "damage" is your new normal. 

1 hour ago, Calderis said:

Unfortunately that wouldn't work. If you mean damage like Spook suffered... Savantism alters the soul, so healing doesn't fix it. That "damage" is your new normal. 

If you stored health before becoming a savant then the goldmind might fix your spiritweb like it would if your spiritweb was damaged due to hemalurgy.