[OB] Cusicesh, the 3rd Bondsmith Spren?

Bigmikey357

To the OP, if Presence and by extension Power are relative to the sapient population (as seen with it's effect on Shadesmar topography) it would make a certain amount of sense that the Sea would be a tier below the Land and Sea Sky given that the vast majority of the sapient population is land-based, even if they were part of a common elemental set.  Even in classic earth mythologies, the Sea was more often characterized by it's alien mystery more than anything. 

I wonder if the Singers have a Sea-form?

Edited by Quantus
Fixed Typo

Cognitive aspects are defined by sapient species, how they think about the world and the objects within. When I postulated about the elemental set, I was thinking in terms of each of these concepts are huge and monolithic in scope. When people think of the Sea, generally they are thinking of one entire entity, as opposed to thinking of land as many separate things (street, grass, sidewalk, mountain, plateau, ect.) 

Edited by Bigmikey357

On 27/3/2018 at 4:55 AM, Ashspren said:

What if the Sibling was the Thrill? It is of Odium, and a "mindless" (I'm putting mindless in parentheses because we don't know how cognitive the Thrill actually is) force. Instead of being bonded to one person, it inhabits many people, trying to get them to make decisions to help Odium.

1st at all sorry for my bad English. And sorry if anything was contrasted with interviews or discussed in the forum, I finished OB yesterday and I did not have time to read all the forums posts…

Nah, I don't think so, I think that Thrill was Nergaoul, an Unmade, not the Sibling ( Nergaoul was known for driving forces into a battle rage, lending them great ferocity. Curiously, he did this to both sides of a conflict, Voidbringer and human. This seems common of the less self-aware spren. — From Hessi's Mythica, page 121 ) and I think that Dalinar caught Nergaoul, not the Thrill. But I still thinking that the 3rd Sibling has relation with Odium. But is pretty odd, yet Stormfather seemed that protect him… Other suggestions could be that the Unmades are the Sibling, but Stormfather said that he was dozzing (in Spain edition said “Dormita”, dozzing, I don’t know if BS used other term).

5 minutes ago, Calderis said:

@Rand al’Thorres Nergaoul is the name of the Unmade that causes The Thrill.

I agree though, definitely not the Sibling. 

Then Dalinar caught he Thrill, not the Nergaoul? An Unmade can be caught in a gem, right? Yelig-nar was in a gemstone. Btw, anyone know what heppened with Yelig-nar post Amaram's death? Maybe is in the Gemstone that Kaladin found in the end of the battle? As coppermind sais "Yelig-nar does not appear to have a physical form", maybe need a Gemstone to be in Physical realm?

Thanks!

20 minutes ago, Rand al’Thorres said:

Then Dalinar caught he Thrill, not the Nergaoul?

They are the same thing. Nergaoul is the source of the Thrill. By catching one he stopped the other. 

21 minutes ago, Rand al’Thorres said:

Yelig-nar was in a gemstone. Btw, anyone know what heppened with Yelig-nar post Amaram's death? Maybe is in the Gemstone that Kaladin found in the end of the battle? As coppermind sais "Yelig-nar does not appear to have a physical form", maybe need a Gemstone to be in Physical realm?

Yelig-nar was not trapped. It needs a host to ingest a gem as an artificial gemheart. When Amaram died, Yelig-nar went free. It takes an exceptional gem to actually trap one of the Unmade. 

5 minutes ago, Calderis said:

They are the same thing. Nergaoul is the source of the Thrill. By catching one he stopped the other. 

Yelig-nar was not trapped. It needs a host to ingest a gem as an artificial gemheart. When Amaram died, Yelig-nar went free. It takes an exceptional gem to actually trap one of the Unmade. 

Can Yelg-nar manifest in more than one gemstone ? Do the unmade have a type of Bondsmith that can’t imsert Yellgnsr inside a gemstone? Is Yelgnsr only a temporary host ? Meaning Like does he take over a body and burn the body out within a few days , then must find another host. I think Yelg-mar is more dangerous at first glance than Sja-Amat as he grants access to all surges ? 

I was kind of wondering what was done to Jezrien might be related to Hemalurgy.  Since that art specifically involves ripping pieces of peoples spirit web out and attaching them to other people via sharp metal objects.  Except I thought that Hemalurgy required intent and I'm not sure Moash knew exactly what he was doing there.

kalamitous_emoashions [PENDING REVIEW]

Have we seen any evidence of Hemalurgy on Roshar? And, as sort of an addendum, given the end of Oathbringer, was what happened to Jezrien Hemalurgy?

Brandon Sanderson [PENDING REVIEW]

There are certain cosmere philosophers that would count it. I would divide it as two separate things that are using similar fundamentals... I wouldn't call it myself, but there are people who would disagree with me in-world. Have we seen evidence? I would say no evidence that is easily-- easy to pick out.

But it's there?

Yes, there are people with Hemalurgy who have been to Roshar. I'm pretty sure they've been on-screen.

source

9 hours ago, Arondell said:

I was kind of wondering what was done to Jezrien might be related to Hemalurgy.  Since that art specifically involves ripping pieces of peoples spirit web out and attaching them to other people via sharp metal objects.  Except I thought that Hemalurgy required intent and I'm not sure Moash knew exactly what he was doing there.

It is similar, but not exactly the same.  

Have we seen any evidence of Hemalurgy on Roshar? And, as sort of an addendum, given the end of Oathbringer, was what happened to Jezrien Hemalurgy?

There are certain cosmere philosophers that would count it. I would divide it as two separate things that are using similar fundamentals... I wouldn't call it myself, but there are people who would disagree with me in-world. Have we seen evidence? I would say no evidence that is easily-- easy to pick out.

But it's there?

Yes, there are people with Hemalurgy who have been to Roshar. I'm pretty sure they've been on-screen.

source

Brandon Sanderson [PENDING REVIEW] (paraphrased)

The knife used by Moash is "something similar to hemalurgy."

I7Ax [PENDING REVIEW] (paraphrased)

Is it a Dawnshard?

Brandon Sanderson [PENDING REVIEW] (paraphrased)

Good question but no.

source

• Chaos locked this topic