Sazedium

Hoohoo2

So... its atium and Lerasium per the name of the holder of the shard, so why not Sazedium? to my knowledge there is no reason given in the books, and the only thing on the page itself is a link to some reddit page (which I'm not sure of accuracy with sanderson stuff, but so far reddit has been a crappy source for me) from some unknown person with the name "mistborn" implying that it was not Brandon, and therefore really shouldn't count as a valid reason. I honestly would be shocked if Brandon hasn't considered this yet, and I expect that he has a good reason for it. I would like to hear that reason, or at least receive confirmation that this "Mistborn" account is indeed sanderson, and not just another big fan of the series. (I expect that it may be something to prevent spoilers for those who read wax&wayne first, but it really could be anything)

This should be moved into the Mistborn forum.  But to answer your question

youshallnotpass

Will there be a metal called harmonium in the mistborn world?

Brandon Sanderson

RAFO. But good question.

WeiryWriter

Just an fyi but you have confirmed the existence of harmonium before. (And this is probably a RAFO, but is there a reason you didn't follow the convention of the other "god metals" and call it something like sazedium? "Harmonium" just seems out of place.)

Brandon Sanderson

Sazed didn't like the sound of Sazedium.

source

• Chaos locked this topic