Mid-Range Game 28: Knives in the Dark

Elenion

*Mad Mapadonet stumbles into the center of town in a wave of pigs*

Killings! Murder! Chaos! Cool heads must prevail if we are to find out who these killers are. Cool, logical, reasonable heads!

*everyone's eyes glance upwards toward Mad's own head, where a small muddy piglet is perched rather like a literal porkpie hat*

OK NOW DON'T GIVE ME THAT LOOK PIGS ARE A TERRIFIC HEADACHE CURE. I verified that with science, I did.

OK, I am going to unleash the pigs now. Do not be afraid. These pigs are trained death investigation professionals with certifications in forensic pathology and blood spatter/fingerprint analysis. Furthermore, their adorable little pink noses are also incredibly keen and adept at picking up trace evidence. There is a risk that they will eat the victims' bodies, yes, but just remember they are professionals, exactly like I am. It is a small price to pay for justice.

And I can say more when I don't have to rush off to an academic lecture which I totally actually have to get to. Don't worry. Also @Stink, I must ask, why did you say it was a "shame" about Drought? Wouldn't it be nice if he was evil? Is there something about Drought I should know about? Does he have a sparkling personality?

1 minute ago, Madagascar said:

Also @Stink, I must ask, why did you say it was a "shame" about Drought? Wouldn't it be nice if he was evil? Is there something about Drought I should know about? Does he have a sparkling personality?

Well presumably, he's gonna bring about a drought as part of his evil plan when he's lynched, so it's a shame as I'm pretty sure pigs struggle to survive in a drought.

I am ready for any death. Except for mine, because that would mean I hadn't the time to write my death scene, if possible. And then Nalter would die as a character, just another one-off Walin character.

Of course, he still is a one-off Walin character, but he will have a fitting death scene, one written by his own hand. Because he's literate in Azish.

Sorry, was walking my dogs. (Who apparently like to eat pine pollen, but whatever...)

I was being mostly sarcastic in the paragraph mentioned, and certainly didn’t actually think STINK had found an elim. I was mainly just having a little fun. Sorry for the confusion, @Kynedath.

I’m serious when I say that I’d like advice on what to do, as without a rule set to analyze and respond to I might just RP, mostly. Does anyone have an item they’d be willing to claim? 

1 minute ago, Fifth Scholar said:

I was being mostly sarcastic in the paragraph mentioned, and certainly didn’t actually think STINK had found an elim. I was mainly just having a little fun. Sorry for the confusion, @Kynedath.

I’m serious when I say that I’d like advice on what to do, as without a rule set to analyze and respond to I might just RP, mostly. Does anyone have an item they’d be willing to claim? 

Okay, that's what I suspected. Unfortunately, I don't have much to go off of either. I think we will have to wait until at least the end of the first cycle to find out a little of what is going on with roles and such, but until then, I'd suggest following behavioral clues such as someone seeming overly cautious in their posts or lacking conviction with their accusations.

As for claiming, not only does that give the elims more info with which to base their decisions off of, it will make them a target for almost everyone since there may be stealing roles or something else that would benefit from having a target with an item.

Furthermore, I don't have an item and you're the only other person I have seen talking about them, and previous games are an unreliable source of info in SE, so I'm not even convinced there are any items in this game.

I’ll announce that I’m here.

Oh, and despite sometimes not liking this kind of thing, I’ll place a poke vote on @Herowannabe. Not only do I want to see you post (not that I’m too worried about your activity), but I want to know: do you have a role with a specific win condition, and if so, would it conflict with the village win condition as far as you know?

20 minutes ago, Jondesu said:

II want to know: do you have a role with a specific win condition, and if so, would it conflict with the village win condition as far as you know?

On 3/9/2018 at 0:49 PM, Elenion said:

Neutral players have win conditions that are possible without jeopardizing the win conditions of the Good or Evil players. Neutral players can be on their own or in factions.

The only reason Hero's win condition would conflict with the village win condition is if he is evil, and he isn't likely to admit that.

Nabbers surveyed the growing mob. People were starting to really get worked up. ‘Course, Nabbers couldn’t blame them, what with all the murdering going on lately. Everyone wanted to know who was doing it and why. 

Well, Nabbers knew why. Whoever was running around stabbin’ folks was obviously cranky, and nothing made a person crankier than an empty stomach. Therefore, it was only logical that the killer was someone who hadn’t yet partaken of Nabbers’ delicious chouta. 

“Chouta!” Nabbers called out to the crowd. “Get your Chouta! Only two clear chips! Nothing’ll give ya the strength to lynch a man like Chouta will- truth of the Heralds, that is! Come get your Chouta!”

All the while he scanned the crowd for people who weren’t interested in his Chouta. He spied Nalter- good bloke he was. He had bought some Chouta from Nabbers last night. Nabbers spotted Mad Mapadonet, too. She had bought 50 Choutas from him. ‘Course, she hadn’t paid him yet, which was quite suspicious. But it wasn’t smart to try an kill someone that owed you spheres. Because if you did up an’ kill them, then how could they pay you back? Bad business, that was. 

His eye fell on Brightlord Locke Tekiel. Now there was someone who seemed cranky. He had strolled right past Nabbers’ cart and without a word had joined the group who were accusing Drought. Mighty suspicious that was. Yep, Nabbers resolved to keep an eye on Tekiel. Unless a’course he bought some chouta. 

3 hours ago, Coop772 said:

I have a roll. I will not reveal anything else until someone earns my trust. Don't kill me

Oh no mate. A roll ain’t any sort of proper meal. Sure it may fill your belly, but it ain’t got any substance to it. No flavor, either. Here, try some chouta. Much better than any old roll. Two clear chips, please. 

1 hour ago, Jondesu said:

I’ll announce that I’m here.

Oh, and despite sometimes not liking this kind of thing, I’ll place a poke vote on @Herowannabe. Not only do I want to see you post (not that I’m too worried about your activity), but I want to know: do you have a role with a specific win condition, and if so, would it conflict with the village win condition as far as you know?

Indeed I do have a role! My role is to sit here and sell chouta. And if I win, everybody wins. Because if’n I win it’s because I got rich selling a bunch of chouta, and that means that everybody else has bellies full of chouta! See? Everybody wins! :D

10 hours ago, Orlok Tsubodai said:

Drought.

6 hours ago, Herowannabe said:

His eye fell on Brightlord Locke Tekiel. Now there was someone who seemed cranky. He had strolled right past Nabbers’ cart and without a word had joined the group who were accusing Drought. Mighty suspicious that was. Yep, Nabbers resolved to keep an eye on Tekiel. Unless a’course he bought some chouta. 

Apologies, Hero. I was indeed “cranky” at the time of the vote, and had not had a good day. Regardless, I did have reason for both the vote and its delivery. I wanted additional pressure placed on Drought; thought it’d be interesting to see who responded to a vote of that nature, and how they did so; and wanted to see whether anyone jumped in to protect Drought or to offer other targets.

Being in better spirits now than last night, I recognise the delivery of my vote wasn’t terribly helpful. Whilst less useful with my intentions known, I will maintain my vote on Drought.

8 hours ago, Jondesu said:

I would like to point out that you didn't, in fact, place a poke vote on Hero. :P 

13 hours ago, Fifth Scholar said:

So...anyone have any clue as to what we’re supposed to do? Should we claim if we have roles or keep it a secret? I’d welcome any advice, as I haven’t played blackout yet. However, looking at some previous ones, there seem to be items abundant. Would anyone care to report any suspicious items in their possession to the town? 

Role-claiming: I'd say just approach it with caution, because we know that there's at least one evil peep running around right now (and if this is the case, then I'd expect there to be conversions, as we have to kill all evil players to win, and one is obvs not enough. The possibility of conversions should only make us more wary about claiming). That is to say, don't role-claim to anybody right away, only do it if you're very heavily leaning village on them. That's what I plan on doing anyway :P.

Alright so I think I've accidentally missed out some people with my PMs, so if you're someone who hasn't yet recieved the pleasure of a Stink PM then please feel free to PM me. 

Game wise, that drought guy is still looking fishy. Like, actually looks like a fish with an eye on either side of the head this isn't a metaphor.

28 minutes ago, STINK said:

Alright so I think I've accidentally missed out some people with my PMs, so if you're someone who hasn't yet recieved the pleasure of a Stink PM then please feel free to PM me. 

Game wise, that drought guy is still looking fishy. Like, actually looks like a fish with an eye on either side of the head this isn't a metaphor.

Ok, so you've come to the conclusion that Drought is neither a cave fish or a flounder. Great analysis, stink. We should go fishing. 

11 hours ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

The only reason Hero's win condition would conflict with the village win condition is if he is evil, and he isn't likely to admit that.

Not necessarily true.  Sometimes a neutral role can have a goal that can make the village's job more difficult, like needing to kill specific players or cause a tie in the end.  I've seen both types.

3 hours ago, _Stick_ said:

I would like to point out that you didn't, in fact, place a poke vote on Hero. :P 

Role-claiming: I'd say just approach it with caution, because we know that there's at least one evil peep running around right now (and if this is the case, then I'd expect there to be conversions, as we have to kill all evil players to win, and one is obvs not enough. The possibility of conversions should only make us more wary about claiming). That is to say, don't role-claim to anybody right away, only do it if you're very heavily leaning village on them. That's what I plan on doing anyway :P.

Oops.  I was on mobile, so I blame that. (Not really, just a goof.) Hero replied, so I would be retracting my vote if I had placed it.

6 minutes ago, Jondesu said:

Not necessarily true.  Sometimes a neutral role can have a goal that can make the village's job more difficult, like needing to kill specific players or cause a tie in the end.  I've seen both types.

From the rules:

Neutral players have win conditions that are possible without jeopardizing the win conditions of the Good or Evil players. Neutral players can be on their own or in factions.