Mid-Range Game 28: Knives in the Dark

Elenion

If you wouldn't mind, I'd like to have some explanation beyond "a bad feeling." And, while we're at it, I am also a Scholar, and allied with Kharbranth Citizens. Assuming that the roles are respective to the names in terms of order, I would think that Stink would be the most likely elim. A Politician is a very logical ability for an elim, since they could cancel a vote on themselves or an elim buddy, and a corrupt politician makes sense. However, this is all just speculation. So, I will vote Eternum for now, in an attempt to get a real reason for voting me. @Eternum

4 minutes ago, Eternum said:

I am a Private Detective, allied with the Kharbranth Citizens. I know the roles of Hero, Madagascar and Stink. They are a Scholar, Psychiatrist and Politician respectively. None of these roles, aside from possibly Scholar, would make sense for an Escaped Inmate to have. 

Hero cannot be a scholar if Steeldancer and Droughtbringer are telling the truth. Scholars are immune to vote manipulation, and Hero's vote was removed.

52 minutes ago, Elenion said:

Ecthelion III (4): Herowannabe, Madagascar, Devotary of Spontaneity, Eternum, Coop772

Also, The_Lady_of_Chaos posted in thread the cycle they were killed, so her death could not have been caused by Ecthelion.

2 minutes ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

Hero cannot be a scholar if Steeldancer and Droughtbringer are telling the truth. Scholars are immune to vote manipulation, and Hero's vote was removed.

Well, Hero shows up as a Scholar to my scan. Perhaps his role, like the Skybreakers', makes him show as something else?

1 minute ago, Coop772 said:

I will also back up the fact that the Scholar's passive ability is that their vote cannot be changed.

Alright, then. My assumption is likely correct. In which case, I will change my vote from Coop to Hero.

6 minutes ago, Coop772 said:

If you wouldn't mind, I'd like to have some explanation beyond "a bad feeling." And, while we're at it, I am also a Scholar, and allied with Kharbranth Citizens. Assuming that the roles are respective to the names in terms of order, I would think that Stink would be the most likely elim. A Politician is a very logical ability for an elim, since they could cancel a vote on themselves or an elim buddy, and a corrupt politician makes sense. However, this is all just speculation.

@Eternum (I can't seem to be able to delete this...)

I was willing to try and lynch you, and see how everything panned out. It seems like that won't work, though.

You're thinking more mechanics-wise, while I'm thinking what would make sense. A politician can't logically be an escaped inmate, can they now? 

Also, something I just realized. Hero is likely the alignment change. I scanned them on Cycle 1, and now they don't seem to be a Scholar anymore, if they even were one at all. I'm willing to lynch them either way.

Well, sounds like Hero is evil:

If he has a role that changes his view for scanners, chances are he's evil or neutral, but probably not neutral b/c we already have one (jon) So, in this instance we should lynch him

If he was a scholar, then got his alignment switched, it means that he is now evil or neutral, but why would neutral have a conversion ability? End result: he's evil, lynch him.

There is only one way that I see that he is not, and that is that Eternum is lying. I also find it suspicious that "I was willing to try and lynch you, and see how everything panned out." This sounds to me like an elim-y train of thought, and it's not helped by the fact that they may have been caught in a lie. For now, Eternum, Hero. If hero can explain, however, eternum is looking like an elim to me

35 minutes ago, Elenion said:

Apologies for the inconvenience, but we have a GM error on the field. Pay no attention as I edit the write-up... at least it didn't change anything major.

If it's that Hero's vote is no longer removed, it's a pretty significant change. It means that Hero is indeed a Scholar and Eternum is very likely a role scanner.

BAH!!!!
So the "Hero is probably an elim" post I made before is now totally useless because their vote was not changed. Except, not really. Evil!hero would not have been blocked by Evil!politician; so one of [hero, politician] is evil. I'm leaning toward Evil!hero because why would Evil!politician try to block good!hero since they 1: were going to vote on ecth themselves, and 2: knew that the lynch was going to kill ecth. So, I'm reading a good!politician and an Evil!hero. my vote stays the same

2 hours ago, Elenion said:

Reveal hidden contents

1. Walin: Nalter, a tastespren scholar Kharbranth Citizens Politician
2. Jondesu: Div
3. Devotary of Spontaneity: Akhanaka, a fearless ardent
4. Eternum: Aiden
5. Kynedath: Lo-Kag, third Horneater son Escaped Inmates Proto-Bondsmith
6. LivingLegend: Lej'elin, a teen disgusted with the Alethi for good reason Kharbranth Citizens Private Detective
7. Droughtbringer
8. Orlok: Highlord Locke Tekiel Skybreakers Nale, Herald of Justice
9. STINK: Trumpet Guy, BWOOT
10. Madagascar: "Mad" Mapadonet, a famous pig researcher.
11. Stick: Stick, a sticky stick Skybreakers Skybreaker Apprentice
12. Amanuensis: Ana Lyst Skybreakers Skybreaker Apprentice
13. Drake Marshall: Ev Escaped Inmates Proto-Lightweaver
14. Fifth Scholar: Nolan Kharbranth Citizens Lift 
15. Herowannabe: Nabbers, a Herdazian chouta street vendor
16. Coop772
17. Ecthelion Kharbranth Citizens The Undertaker
18. Steeldancer
19. Lady of Chaos Kharbranth Citizens Proto-Windrunner

Okay you know when you quote something and youre on mobile so you can't get rid of it wellllll just look above. 

2. Jondesu: Div
3. Devotary of Spontaneity: Akhanaka, a fearless ardent
4. Eternum: Aiden
7. Droughtbringer
9. STINK: Trumpet Guy, BWOOT
10. Madagascar: "Mad" Mapadonet, a famous pig researcher.
15. Herowannabe: Nabbers, a Herdazian chouta street vendor
16. Coop772
18. Steeldancer.

Okay so by my count, 9 players. Which with two elims already dead and the skybreakers out, means that I still reckon we got a decent chance.

Now to go through thread.

2 hours ago, Eternum said:

I want to start this game back up. What better way than some role reveals? :D 

I am a Private Detective, allied with the Kharbranth Citizens. I know the roles of Hero, Madagascar and Stink. They are a Scholar, Psychiatrist and Politician respectively. None of these roles, aside from possibly Scholar, would make sense for an Escaped Inmate to have. 

So, out of 9 people, 1 is a known Neutral (Jon), 1 is a known Citizen (me) and 2 others have a bigger chance of being Citizens (Mad and Stink.) We have, I assume, 2 elims left which gives us a possible pool of either 2/5 or 2/4 depending on Hero's alignment. This is all theoretical, mind.

And so, to end this entirely-too-convoluted post, I will place a vote on Coop. It's up to the gods of luck and chance, and I've had a bad feeling about them the past cycle.

@STINK @Madagascar @Herowannabe, care to respond to being Exposed™? :P

At this point, I'll just concede that Jon is a neutral, and stop expanding people's minds over there.

However Eternum, sorry to say but I think I wanna contest that you're a confirmed citizen. Just from this post alone because mobile doesn't mean I can get like a bunch of posts and have to rely on an unreliable memory:

1. Using role names to determine someone's alignment at this point of the game? Seems a bit too weak of an argument at this point, though an elim wouldn't have to worry about that.

2. You also seem to throw out almost everything else that has happened in the game to go with your role name deciding mechanism. The reason for me likely being a citizen is because of my arbitrary role name compared to my part in killing inmates? Fair enough.

3. After doing all of that, you seem to ignore your own role deciding mechanism to just gut vote on Coop. Gut votes are fine by me, but that's when I'm just like 'meh I really don't know let's just go for this guy'.

4. The role of Private Detective (which finds roles) is in no way mechanically biased towards one side over another. Elims would also love to have a way to find people's roles other than needing trust and communication, which I guess also applies here. So role deciding mechanism ironically doesn't protect Tern :P

Otherwise thinks thats it for now.

2 hours ago, Coop772 said:

If you wouldn't mind, I'd like to have some explanation beyond "a bad feeling." And, while we're at it, I am also a Scholar, and allied with Kharbranth Citizens. Assuming that the roles are respective to the names in terms of order, I would think that Stink would be the most likely elim. A Politician is a very logical ability for an elim, since they could cancel a vote on themselves or an elim buddy, and a corrupt politician makes sense. However, this is all just speculation. So, I will vote Eternum for now, in an attempt to get a real reason for voting me. @Eternum

Okay so same criticism for the most part what is this sudden thing of everyone just going 'he can do vote manip ergo likely elim'. If you could actually do that and it would work, then I would say that the game is unbalanced except in rare cases. I could apply the same reasoning to anyone with an ability where they can't be vote manipped, and be like 'thats great for an elim cause they can get away with some stuff' but I didn't cause it would ultimately be unfair to everyone with that role. When steel (?) first claimed that role and said that a vote manipper was likely to be evil because of it, it honestly came off to me as an elim trying to throw some shade on what could ultimately hurt their teammates. Same applies here Coop, why you gotta hate on me for what Len gave me.

Reading posts after that seems to be something about Hero potentially being or not being a scholar, so I'll see after I post cause this has taken way too long if that situation has been resolved yet by people who can easily check that. 

See y'all soon hopefully, current thoughts are vote on either Eternum or Coop or even DROUGHT who is still lurking even though they're evil.

As to the questions from before, so far as I’ve been told, there are no further effects to the hiccuping disease. 

Also, as a neutral, while I don’t mind working with the village (such as it may be with a blackout game, and one run by Len no less), I’m open to working with others as well. I have no special abilities to use to help anyone, but I also promise that if anyone contacts me and reveals their identity, I will not reveal it to anyone else, period.

7 hours ago, Elenion said:

Apologies for the inconvenience, but we have a GM error on the field. Pay no attention as I edit the write-up... at least it didn't change anything major.

Well, other than that mix-up was the nudge that got the lynch train rolling in my direction. :rolleyes: oh well. 

Seeing as how @Eternum already outed me, I’ll confirm, yes I am a scholar. I have always been a scholar, and have never been anything else. The vote-removal was a mistake on our esteemed GM’s part- my ability really did protect me from that. So don’t go suspecting me because of my role.

If you want to suspect me because of my decisions and actions- well I can’t blame you for that. My reads have been off all game. Still, I’ll keep trying and if it ends up that I get lynched then at least then you will all know that I am a villager and haven’t been lying. 

Anyway, I can also sort of not really confirm Coop’s role. He confessed to me in a PM early in the game that he had a role that indicated that there were vote manipulators in the game. As soon as he said that I suspected that he was a scholar, since that was my role, too. This was before other people came out as Scholars in the thread. 

As for who I suspect... I’m not sure. Here are a few random character reads off the top of my head:

@Coop772: I always felt that he confessed his role a little too easily to me, possibly fishing for trust, so I’ve never really trusted him. And this cycle he seemed too eager to switch his vote to me when the opportunity presented itself. But those are pretty flimsy reasons to lynch someone, so I won’t vote for him for the time being. 

@Eternum: probably Village, based on his role and actions, but not guaranteed. I can confirm that he got my role right at least when I haven’t revealed it to anyone before now, so I believe what he says. 

@STINK: probably Village, based on his comments throughout the entire game. He has always had sound advice for the Village and has promoted good level-headed strategies the entire game (did I really just say that about STINK? Yes I did. And it’s true). I probably trust STINK more than anyone else at this point in the game. 

HOWEVER, with all the Scholar roles in the game (at least 4, if everyone is telling the truth), it seems highly likely that the Escaped Inmates have a politician role. And Eternum just pegged STINK as a politician. So I might be willing to vote for STINK on that alone. Giving sound advice has always been one of the best elim strategies, precisely because it earns people’s trust. So maybe I shouldn’t be so trusting of STINK right now... I’m torn. 

For now I’m going to withhold my vote. It’s almost 1:00 in the morning here and I have to wake up in less than 6 hours. I have a busy day tomorrow, so I’ll try to check the thread but can’t guarantee that I’ll be able to post anything of significance until tomorrow evening. 

Oh, and buy chouta! Special soon to be lynched clearance sale! One clear chip a piece!

4 hours ago, Herowannabe said:

So don’t go suspecting me because of my role.

If you want to suspect me because of my decisions and actions- well I can’t blame you for that. My reads have been off all game. Still, I’ll keep trying and if it ends up that I get lynched then at least then you will all know that I am a villager and haven’t been lying. 

@Coop772

@Eternum

@STINK: probably Village, based on his comments throughout the entire game. He has always had sound advice for the Village and has promoted good level-headed strategies the entire game (did I really just say that about STINK? Yes I did. And it’s true). I probably trust STINK more than anyone else at this point in the game. 

HOWEVER, with all the Scholar roles in the game (at least 4, if everyone is telling the truth), it seems highly likely that the Escaped Inmates have a politician role. And Eternum just pegged STINK as a politician. So I might be willing to vote for STINK on that alone. Giving sound advice has always been one of the best elim strategies, precisely because it earns people’s trust. So maybe I shouldn’t be so trusting of STINK right now... I’m torn. 

Fun fact, can't delete mentions in quotes when you're mobile. Ain't that fun.

Anyway, irony in first sentence of quote then Hero going 'but I'll suspect Stink for being a politician'. Which is also frankly ridiculous, because how on earth does that logic even work, and if you can make that logic work, why does it only apply to the politician role and not every other role in the existence of the whole of SE? 

Honestly I'm so close to saying that I'm done defending myself when its cause I was given vote manip that I decided I wasn't gonna use rather than idk maybe I said something fishy but it's way easier to just cast suspicion on the ooh scary vote manip guy so if I stop defending myself then I might seriously get lynched while this thing 'Scholar = Good' would start up and well the game might as well end with an elim win at that point.

ANOTHER thing, with caps for emphasis because I do not have the writing skills to express how annoyed I am, is that thing about 'giving sound advice is a great strategy for the elims'. Personally I'd argue that it's actually better for a villager to do to help out other villagers in hopes of everyone not committing mistakes and lynching the wrong person, but what does that even matter when I can't stop this absolute mess of a train of thought? 

Honestly I'm taking a break to cool down from this game see y'all in like 12 hours.

11 hours ago, Coop772 said:

BAH!!!!
So the "Hero is probably an elim" post I made before is now totally useless because their vote was not changed. Except, not really. Evil!hero would not have been blocked by Evil!politician; so one of [hero, politician] is evil. I'm leaning toward Evil!hero because why would Evil!politician try to block good!hero since they 1: were going to vote on ecth themselves, and 2: knew that the lynch was going to kill ecth. So, I'm reading a good!politician and an Evil!hero. my vote stays the same

This is exactly how you got mislynched in QF29. Politicians are not magically endowed with the ability to determine whether someone is evil. Especially with such an uncontested lynch, it seems more likely that a politician attempted to remove Hero's vote not because they thought Hero was evil, but to see if Hero was immune to vote manipulation.

5 hours ago, Herowannabe said:

HOWEVER, with all the Scholar roles in the game (at least 4, if everyone is telling the truth), it seems highly likely that the Escaped Inmates have a politician role.

The prevalence of scholar roles suggests that scholar is this game's equivalent of roleless, which gives no indication of whether someone with that role is good or evil. I thus see no more reason to suspect Stink for being a politician than to suspect Eternum for being a detective. One could make the claim for either of them that they're likely to be evil because there's already been one villager with their role, but I would not be willing to make that claim. I sincerely doubt that Stink is an Escaped Inmate. I could have seen a team of Orlok and Stink bussing a teammate who wouldn't be sufficiently active, but I really don't see Stink by himself deciding to join a last minute vote to kill a teammate given that Orlok was neutral.

1 hour ago, STINK said:

Fun fact, can't delete mentions in quotes when you're mobile. Ain't that fun.

Anyway, irony in first sentence of quote then Hero going 'but I'll suspect Stink for being a politician'. Which is also frankly ridiculous, because how on earth does that logic even work, and if you can make that logic work, why does it only apply to the politician role and not every other role in the existence of the whole of SE? 

Honestly I'm so close to saying that I'm done defending myself when its cause I was given vote manip that I decided I wasn't gonna use rather than idk maybe I said something fishy but it's way easier to just cast suspicion on the ooh scary vote manip guy so if I stop defending myself then I might seriously get lynched while this thing 'Scholar = Good' would start up and well the game might as well end with an elim win at that point.

ANOTHER thing, with caps for emphasis because I do not have the writing skills to express how annoyed I am, is that thing about 'giving sound advice is a great strategy for the elims'. Personally I'd argue that it's actually better for a villager to do to help out other villagers in hopes of everyone not committing mistakes and lynching the wrong person, but what does that even matter when I can't stop this absolute mess of a train of thought? 

Honestly I'm taking a break to cool down from this game see y'all in like 12 hours.

(Also on mobile, so you all can deal with the giant quote box. Pro tip: you can hit the little arrow button in the top left of the quote box to minimize it). 

Re: reconciling “my first sentence” with the rest of the post: as I said, I made that post very late at night, so cut me some slack. My point was don’t lynch me because Elenion screwed up my role in the write up, which is what everyone up to that point was doing. If you want to lynch me for other reasons, that’s fine. 

As for you, @STINK: I explained my position on you already. Statistically speaking, with 4+ scholars and at least 1 Village-politician in the game, the odds are that there is at least one eliminator-politician out there. It’s not guaranteed, but it is very good odds. The one logical bone in my body that cares about statistics thinks that it would be a good idea to lynch you, just on the chance that you are an eliminator. Every other bone in my body doesn’t want to lynch you because you’ve done nothing but help the Village all game (at least on the surface), which is why I haven’t cast a vote for you, so don’t get your panties in a twist. 

Anyway, I just woke up after 5 very restless hours of sleep and I’m obviously cranky so I’ll just stop here. 

The chouta cart is now closed because I’m grumpy. NO CHOUTA FOR YOU! NOT FOR ANY OF YOU! *tries to slam the door, but the cart doesn’t have a door, so instead he just stands around awkwardly looking grumpy*

16 hours ago, Eternum said:

@STINK @Madagascar @Herowannabe, care to respond to being Exposed™? :P

Bah! I did keep telling you all I was an esteemed and highly accoladed academic. No one believed me. BUT NOW WHO'S LAUGHING???

So it appears that the argument for voting Nabbers was that he was not a Scholar, but then it turned out he is a Scholar, so ... are we still voting for him? I don't have any particular reason to be sure Nabbers ain't one of them escaped crazies that I'm trying to round up (round up meaning "kill," of course, look, medical science at this point can only do so much), but if it's based on him not being a scholar, him still being a scholar seems to disrupt that line of logic. But whatever.

*pulls out a pig and squints at the notes daubed in mud on its side*

So yesterday Coop voted fer Jondesu. He was then voted for by Eternum. Coop then claimed, quote, "I already have the hiccuping disease" and said he was going to ask Elenion about it. This claim influenced my decision to not vote for him, as I did not think a bad guy would be so incautious as to willingly infect himself with an unknown pathogen. Speculation about the long term effects of the hiccuping disease ensued. I asked Coop about his question. Coop later said "I am not infected," the opposite of what he said at first. Devotary voted for Ecthellion and mentioned Coop having volunteered "to be a guinea pig." However, Coop retracted his vote for Jondesu at the last minute, ensuring he did not get hiccups.

I have no idea what happened here.

14 hours ago, Coop772 said:

BAH!!!!

*oinks* But a good politician wouldn't necessarily know who was good or not, though, would they? There's another scenario you left out, which is a good politician blocking a good person. Assuming someone is evil just because a possibly good person did something to them is a strange justification.

I like chouta. Coop, if you don't have the hiccuping disease, why did you tell everypiggy you did? Gonna need some data on your thought processes here. *scribble scribble*

Edited by Madagascar

1: Thank you for finally linking that qoute so that I know what you people are talking about
So, what I was actually saying was that that was a possibility. As I explained in that post, I was working under the assumption that my final vote being for jon would cause hiccuping, but if I voted for them, then changed it, I would be hiccup-free (which is what happened btw). I was saying that I hadn't considered that just voting for jon would give me hiccuping, and if that were the case I would have already had it (which, again, I do NOT). 

2: Hero because the mod fixed things. I also now understand that even though Evil!hero would not have been blocked by Evil!politician, that does not neccesarily mean that one of [hero, politician] is evil. It could be that good!politician blocked good!hero for any number of reasons (trying to guess an elim, testing if hero could be vote manip'd, etc.). 

3: Well, now I don't know who to vote for.

(by the way @Eternum there
's a typo in the writeup, ecth isn't struckthrough

Some posthumous RP:

A disclaimer—none of this has spoilers, so no reading anything into this. If it seems like something indicated an action, then ignore it because it’s not what happened—as far as you know. Also, I tried to include every major event in the thread including RP and the hiccup epidemic, but not stuff that had been completed and no longer discussed (like Drake’s death, the accusation-throwing If cycle 2, etc). Also, sorry to @Herowannabe for Nalter’s reaction to chouta—this RP was in the making from the mention of tastespren, I just wasn’t sure whether to post this now or during the aftermath post.

———-

Unfortunately, the bacon chouta, as with everything in this city, did not associate with a memory. Perhaps the problem was that the memory had to be unrelated to the taste, and that something interesting had to happen with the taste, but not because of it. Complete with his studies in the library (finding out about coolspren, and their relation to specific phrases like “Deal with it” and to vertically sliding tinted glasses), and his efforts as a politician, he still had some interesting things going on.
He had forgotten about the killings. Storms! Nalter was getting too distracted. He didn’t know who the killers were, just that three of them had left and a few of them died. They seemed to be a rival group of killers, and the one that left would bother Kharbaranth no more. The only murderers left were those escaped prisoners, and everyone was having trouble finding those.
Even more, there was an epidemic of the hiccups. It seemed that if you tried to call someone with the hiccups out for attempting murder, you would catch the hiccups too—though Nalter has somehow avoided those. He was a cautious one, which had brought him the position of politician. He mad careful, thought-out decisions; he became a scholar before becoming a politician because he did all this thinking.
Nalter thought about who the real murderer could be. Of course, nothing came up, so instead thoughts turned to Nerkel. That cousin had gotten it into his head to join Sadeas’ army. With his joking and attitude, he’d get sent to the bridge crews really quickly. At least the man was competent at what was told. Nalter thought this was the case, at least.
Finally, tastespren got into his thoughts again, and Nalter slept.
……..
His chest was on fire. The wound was fatal. Nalter had a few minutes. He tasted blood in his mouth. And he remembered.
….
Running around playing tag, Nalter was getting tired. He had chased two people for minutes, but they refused to slow down. Desperate, he dived to the side at a runner who came close to Nalter. He missed, and hit his own face as he broke his fall. A tooth fell out, and he tasted blood. He was screaming in pain, and quit the game. It was the last time he played tag, and Nalter decided to do fewer activities where he would have a chance to trip and get hurt.
……….
There was a spren to Nalter’s side. It looked like a red cylinder, rotating back and forth like a pendulum. A tastespren.
Of course! Many people tasted blood here; there was a murderer about.
And…other things that brought blood. He could see it! A room, wherein people died to see the future. It was here, in the city. And...it happened at Taravangian’s hand, to learn of the future.
That didn’t matter. Nalter had seen a tastespren. He didn’t give a Death Rattle, choosing to say, “tastespren exist. No more study required.”

Reporters came up to him to ask about it, but no one ever found the meaning of this. Except an ardent who realized what it meant, and then the movie Citizen Nalter ended.

2 minutes ago, Steeldancer said:

I'm going to vote on Madagascar . I feel like of all the people left, he's the most suspicious. No offense to your pigs. 

Good ol 'no analysis but seems to have analysis so might not be gut vote' vote.

Drought

Come back to us Drought, ya evil person you.

Oh boy, it's been so long since I've watched Citizen Kane :P

First things first, Hero

Next, @Madagascar, what exactly does your role do? Are you, per chance, the converter role?

We have a few more hours in the day. If nothing happens in the next hour or so, I'll try to create some discussion. Gonna prepare some analysis, in the meantime, and respond to the stuff y'all have said to me since my last post.

I'm going to be hanging out with family this evening and I'll likely have to share the computer with my younger cousins, so I'm not sure when I'll be able to get on. This cycle will end at the usual time, but I won't be around for it so I would appreciate it if someone on around turnover posted a "cycle is closed" when the clock hits zero. I should be able to get next cycle up and going sometime between 1 and 2 hours after the cycle closes.

Vote Tally:

Madagascar(1): Steeldancer
Coop(1): Madagascar, Eternum
Drought(1): Stink
Hero(0): Coop, Eternum
Eternum(0): Coop

Player List: Claimed roles appear in italics.

1. Jondesu: Div Neutral Hiccuper-Everyone whose final vote is on someone w/ the hiccuping disease is infected. Jon wins if every living player is infected.
2. Devotary of Spontaneity: Akhanaka, a fearless ardent Faux GM-Has the power to announce the end of the cycle.
3. Eternum: Aiden Detective-Learns the name, but not description, of a player's role.
4. Droughtbringer Scholar-Immune to vote manipulation
5. STINK: Trumpet Guy, BWOOT Politician-Can remove someone's vote
6. Madagascar: "Mad" Mapadonet, a famous pig researcher. Psychiatrist-????
7. Herowannabe: Nabbers, a Herdazian chouta street vendor Scholar-Immune to vote manipulation
8. Coop772 Scholar-Immune to vote manipulation
9. Steeldancer Scholar-Immune to vote manipulation

At this point, I mostly trust Stink. I believe that Eternum's announcement of being a detective was something he decided on his own. If he had been working with teammates, he would not have claimed Hero was a scholar as at the time that appeared to be demonstrably false. That's no guarantee Eternum isn't evil, as he could be the last escaped inmate, but it does mean that I believe his role claim. Drought hasn't posted much. The main thing in his favor is that Drake tried to get him lynched towards the end of C1. Steeldancer was the deciding vote on Drake on C1, which makes it less likely that he's evil. All C1 activity could be invalidated now that a player has changed alignment, but it seems unlikely that any of these players were escaped inmates at the start of the game. Jondesu is neutral, and is willing to help any other side. I would suggest that in the case of a solid lynch, perhaps one or two players volunteer to spread the hiccuping disease. This cycle, Stink appears to be that volunteer.

The players I'm not sure about are Madagscar, Herowannabe, and Coop. I'll probably vote for one of them before the end of the cycle.

As Kharbranth's first and foremost porcine psychiatrist*, I'm here to keep prisoners locked up. Sometimes I gotta *crack knuckles* fight them. I'm immune to conversions. I don't think it's bad to tell that since there already was a conversion, and there haven't been any more, so I doubt anyone is going to try to convert me in the future. There's a little more, but I think me actually spelling out anything more would probably be a bad idea for our side, especially since the protector died on the first night. Interpret that as you will.

I'll retract Coop for now. I still don't really trust anyone, including him, but he's answered my questions. I don't really have a solid reason to condemn him. I don't have a solid reason to condemn anybody. Furthermore, me and mah pigs are likely going to be preoccupied sorting through all this cool trash we found yesterday, and sadly probably will not have time to pay super close attention to all the cool analysis you folks are promising at the last minute.

*Mapadonet is Kharbranth's only porcine psychiatrist.