Mid-Range Game 28: Knives in the Dark

Elenion

I agree with Hero, here. The next death(s) will help figure out where to go next, and Ecth hasn't even posted yet. They're just not helping, and there's no point. Plus, the chance of them being an elim is something we can't ignore.

@Ecthelion III

29 minutes ago, Elenion said:

Yes, only one player changed alignment.

Heh, that's one theory down then.

@Jondesu by the way. Could you care to share your wincon? You're essentially cleared as Neutral, so there's no point in hiding any more. Then again, you were never really trying to hide.

Just a quick note, I would say that perhaps lynching @Jondesu would be a good move to stop them from winning. Maybe it's just my paranoia, but I am concerned that perhaps their wincon being completed would end the game, and their decision was to play it off like they're a neutral to avoid us trying to eliminate them. Then again, this is primarily b/c ecth is only a lynch target b/c no one else is suspicoius and they are inactive, and I'm not sure that is a good reason. So ... Jondesu

I'll change my vote from Ecthelion to Coop. I asked Jon for his wincon to see how he, and more importantly everyone else, would respond. Coop seems to have decided that Jon is dangerous without even waiting for him to respond, and that makes some alarms ring in my head. We don't have a better lynch anyway.

Oh my word, somehow in her ol' Mapadonet skimmed over Nabbers' ... solution for the labor issues with the pig workers. That was ice cold, Nabbers. Ice cold. :o

But ... then again *chomp chomp* I can't really argue with the results, which are excellent, if high in cholesterol. So don't kill Nabbers.

So in my extensive search the pigs have also not found any giant red beeping alarm buttons. I found a great deal of discussion about hiccups, of all things. I have warned the (surviving) pigs to stay away from Jondesu. Their health is delicate and they are susceptible to any number of infections. Who knows what hiccups would do to their fragile little bodies, what further symptoms could develop!

Having mentioned my fiery hatred of lurkers, I agree that killing Ecth makes a certain amount of sense. It's really annoying. Mostly I don't like lurkin' because it's not fun. And it's not like he hasn't had fair warnin' that the pigs like chomping on people who get drunk and fall asleep. It concerns me a bit that we don't know what the long-term effects of these hiccups are and am curious by Coop's decision to deliberately infect himself, which seems a little rash. I guess their vote fer the hiccup person could be construed as a defense o' Ecth in a way if you put on your paranoid hat, but we don't know what Ecth be either so that don't go nowhere ... *squints at the noonday sky* Well, I was thinkin' to vote fer Ecth but I'll see how this plays out a bit instead. Can eat lunch first. Takes a while to pick out all the bits of curly tail ... Ice cold.

Edited by Madagascar

That actually raises a point that I did not consider: I already have the hiccuping disease. I was working under the assumption that it was only if this was my final vote would I get the hiccups. @Elenion care to specify? (or not, b/c it is a blackout game). I still don't understand the logic behind a lynch on Ecth, so would someone like to explain?

1 hour ago, Coop772 said:

That actually raises a point that I did not consider: I already have the hiccuping disease. I was working under the assumption that it was only if this was my final vote would I get the hiccups. @Elenion care to specify? (or not, b/c it is a blackout game). I still don't understand the logic behind a lynch on Ecth, so would someone like to explain?

Will answer this one in PM.

My win con is just for everyone still alive to have the hiccuping disease. I don’t know if voting on me, then switching your vote, causes you to catch it; I didn’t ask. I should have. Perhaps I could have a few volunteers? 

Also, I can achieve that even after I’m dead, so I wouldn’t care if I’m lynched, though of course it won’t help the village either and I certainly enjoy still being around.

5 hours ago, Coop772 said:

Maybe it's just my paranoia, but I am concerned that perhaps their wincon being completed would end the game

Neutral win conditions do not trigger the end of the game.

37 minutes ago, Jondesu said:

My win con is just for everyone still alive to have the hiccuping disease. I don’t know if voting on me, then switching your vote, causes you to catch it; I didn’t ask. I should have. Perhaps I could have a few volunteers? 

22 hours ago, Jondesu said:

That’s because you voted on me. My win con is likely to be achieved now, fortunately, as long as the game doesn’t end suddenly.

Of the ten players other than yourself still alive, only three of them have voted on you. If you explain your confidence in achieving your win condition, I'm willing to be a volunteer.

I might be willing to join an Ecthelion lynch later, as there appears to be no inactivity filter and since it was the Skybreakers who killed Kynedath, it's unlikely that there's a village/neutral kill role still available.

9 hours ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

Neutral win conditions do not trigger the end of the game.

Of the ten players other than yourself still alive, only three of them have voted on you. If you explain your confidence in achieving your win condition, I'm willing to be a volunteer.

I might be willing to join an Ecthelion lynch later, as there appears to be no inactivity filter and since it was the Skybreakers who killed Kynedath, it's unlikely that there's a village/neutral kill role still available.

Everyone who has contracted the hiccuping disease will pass it on to anyone who places a vote on them. It’s a chain reaction. In a couple cycles, barring inactives or people who don’t choose to vote, it’ll spread pretty effectively.

7 minutes ago, Jondesu said:

Everyone who has contracted the hiccuping disease will pass it on to anyone who places a vote on them. It’s a chain reaction. In a couple cycles, barring inactives or people who don’t choose to vote, it’ll spread pretty effectively.

I see. And does this "disease" cause anything other than hiccuping?

Like, eventual death, perhaps?

@Coop772 Did you get any answers about the hiccuping disease?

Well, I'll vote Ecthelion, who could possibly be evil or whatver but certainly lacks civic pride. I'm not sure about Jondesu or Cooper, at least not enough to infect meself and me piggy wiggies with hiccups yet, so like Nabbers I'd rather eat chouta made out of someone who isn't bein' helpful than someone who's bein' cool if I don't have a better idea.

Edited by Madagascar

8 hours ago, Eternum said:

I see. And does this "disease" cause anything other than hiccuping?

Like, eventual death, perhaps?

That would be rather overpowered and destructive. Nevertheless, since Coop has volunteered to be a test subject, I'll vote for Ecthelion instead. If Steeldancer and Droughtbringer survive, I'll be more willing to help Jondesu with his win condition.

Ecthelion slumbered under a tree in one of Kharbranth’s few parks, blissfully unaware that a mob of angry men and women had surrounded him.

“He’s been asleep for days.”

“When are the street sweepers going to pick him up?”

“I’m surprised someone hasn’t killed him off, what with him defenseless like this.”

Talk like this continued for some time, until finally someone had the courage to approach him. They reached into his pockets and pulled out a wallet, rifling through it for some identification.

“Well here’s our problem,” the brave one said, “he hasn’t been picked up by the street sweepers because he is the street sweeper. Ironic, huh.”

“Well he certainly isn’t doing his job,” someone yelled from the center of the mob, “and what do we do to people who aren’t doing their job?”

The mob rushed forward as one, grabbing Ecthelion and hauling him to a makeshift gallows erected at the town square. Somehow, he managed to sleep through the carrying, the chanting, and the hanging. Who knew one man could be so far asleep?

An assassin crouched on a rooftop, crossbow nestled into their shoulder. At the other end of the scope was a political rally. It was the first of the year for the Federal party, and it had created quite a stir. Nalter (Walin), the party’s youngest and most dynamic politician, was the emcee. As he approached the podium, Walin was mobbed by reporters, and his microphone fabrial picked up some of their questions.

“Mr. Nalter, what is your stance about Shardblade control?”

“Do you have any statement to make about the recent brutality against Parshendi?”

“What are your plans to address the increasing class inequality between lighteyes and darkeyes?”

"Do you support or oppose the Bridgeman Lives Matter movement?"

Nalter waved them off and stepped up to the podium, checking for the third time that his microphone fabrial was on. He was just about to start when a small group of protestors rounded the street corner and began marching toward him, chanting.

“Nalter is corrupt! Nalter is corrupt! Nalter is corrupt!” went the chant, and they carried signs bearing the same message. Not very creative, but it certainly wouldn’t help Nalter’s public image.

Nalter was torn. On the one hand, he needed a show of party spirit and solidarity, and a fight would give him just that. On the other hand, it wasn’t good for a politician’s approval ratings if he condoned violence. He sighed and cleared his throat.

Thud. A crossbow quarrel embedded itself in his chest.

Ecthelion III was lynched! They were The Undertaker allied with the Kharbranth Citizens!

Walin was killed! They were a Politician allied with the Kharbranth Citizens!

Vote tally:

Ecthelion III (5): Herowannabe, Madagascar, Devotary of Spontaneity, Eternum, Coop772

The Undertaker: Sweep the Streets: Each cycle, you may use your action to attack a player that did not post in the thread during the current cycle.

Politician: Bribe: You can use your action to cancel a player’s vote.

Spoiler

1. Walin: Nalter, a tastespren scholar Kharbranth Citizens Politician
2. Jondesu: Div
3. Devotary of Spontaneity: Akhanaka, a fearless ardent
4. Eternum: Aiden
5. Kynedath: Lo-Kag, third Horneater son Escaped Inmates Proto-Bondsmith
6. LivingLegend: Lej'elin, a teen disgusted with the Alethi for good reason Kharbranth Citizens Private Detective
7. Droughtbringer
8. Orlok: Highlord Locke Tekiel Skybreakers Nale, Herald of Justice
9. STINK: Trumpet Guy, BWOOT
10. Madagascar: "Mad" Mapadonet, a famous pig researcher.
11. Stick: Stick, a sticky stick Skybreakers Skybreaker Apprentice
12. Amanuensis: Ana Lyst Skybreakers Skybreaker Apprentice
13. Drake Marshall: Ev Escaped Inmates Proto-Lightweaver
14. Fifth Scholar: Nolan Kharbranth Citizens Lift 
15. Herowannabe: Nabbers, a Herdazian chouta street vendor
16. Coop772
17. Ecthelion III Kharbranth Citizens The Undertaker
18. Steeldancer
19. Lady of Chaos Kharbranth Citizens Proto-Windrunner

red_1522530000.png

Edited by Elenion

3 minutes ago, Coop772 said:

I have yet to hear anything from @Elenion, but that could just be them being busy. Can someone check if either kill last cycle was an inactive? That could have been Ecth's move, and would explain the mystery death

Elenion has confirmed that Kynedath was killed by the Skybreakers.

The Undertaker...

Where's John Cena? :P

I was going to point out the irony, but that has been done twice already.

It's sad to see how much discussion has stagnated.

There are 9 people left, in total. Of these, at least one is an elim and at least one is a neutral. 

I want to start this game back up. What better way than some role reveals? :D 

I am a Private Detective, allied with the Kharbranth Citizens. I know the roles of Hero, Madagascar and Stink. They are a Scholar, Psychiatrist and Politician respectively. None of these roles, aside from possibly Scholar, would make sense for an Escaped Inmate to have. 

So, out of 9 people, 1 is a known Neutral (Jon), 1 is a known Citizen (me) and 2 others have a bigger chance of being Citizens (Mad and Stink.) We have, I assume, 2 elims left which gives us a possible pool of either 2/5 or 2/4 depending on Hero's alignment. This is all theoretical, mind.

And so, to end this entirely-too-convoluted post, I will place a vote on Coop. It's up to the gods of luck and chance, and I've had a bad feeling about them the past cycle.

I'd also like to point out that Lady of Chaos could have been killed by Ecth.

@STINK @Madagascar @Herowannabe, care to respond to being Exposed™? :P