Mistborn Era 3 Characters

Jensel14

We all know that Era 2 will end on the fourth book. So, do any of you guys have any guess on what kind of character we'll get on Era 3?

It would be really cool if we get a Koloss metalborn as the main character. Maybe not a fullborn, that would be too frightening but maybe it would even out the odds considering technology is already booming in Era 2. Even metalborn might not pose much danger when facing advanced tech.

Having a Koloss who's not the brightest of the bunch or at least not as smart as the previous characters (Vin, Wax) might be fun for a change.

What do you guys think?

We know already at least one of the main characters' concept.

Argent

You've dropped a few tidbits about the plot of the next Mistborn series over the years. Putting all those things together, we have a necrosil Ferring Terriswoman hacker recruited for fieldwork in an "Allomancer SWAT team" to chase a Mistborn serial killer. Could you give us a more recent and concise pitch/blurb if the above is no longer accurate?

Brandon Sanderson

Ha. That's not far off, as all of those things still exist in the series, though the weight I'll give them is relative. With the Alloy series covering some of the police procedural aspect of storytelling, I'm inching the outlines slowly away from the SWAT idea and toward more spy thriller--but the SWAT team isn't not gone completely. (Of course, who knows what will happen in the intervening years between now and when I write it.)

source

For the Koloss Metalborn, I am even unsure if it could happen "naturally" (as far as it could be natural someone who need Hemalurgy to exist)

4 hours ago, Yata said:

For the Koloss Metalborn, I am even unsure if it could happen "naturally" (as far as it could be natural someone who need Hemalurgy to exist)

Isn't one of the main Vanishers in Alloy of Law a Koloss metalborn? Or am I misunderstanding you?

21 minutes ago, marles said:

Isn't one of the main Vanishers in Alloy of Law a Koloss metalborn? Or am I misunderstanding you?

Koloss-blooded metalborn.  (Part of the new and improved Koloss life cycle, post-Catacendre)  Human, but with koloss parents.  

Edited by Landis963

7 minutes ago, Landis963 said:

Koloss-blooded metalborn.  (Part of the new and improved Koloss life cycle, post-Catacendre)  Human, but with koloss parents.  

Thanks for the clarification. I forgot they could eventually choose to become full Koloss (or something like that). I'll have to take another read through Era 2. But if there could be Koloss-blooded metalborn, wouldn't they keep those abilities if they were spiked and became full Koloss?

32 minutes ago, marles said:

Thanks for the clarification. I forgot they could eventually choose to become full Koloss (or something like that). I'll have to take another read through Era 2. But if there could be Koloss-blooded metalborn, wouldn't they keep those abilities if they were spiked and became full Koloss?

We don't know, it's possible they retain it or maybe not....They are deeply twisted by the Hemalurgy so I can't be sure.

I am quite sure you could Spike abilities in them, but not if they natural powers would be preserved upon their trasformation into koloss or if their souls is too my ruined

Edited by Yata

5 minutes ago, Yata said:

We don't know, it's possible they retain it or maybe not....They are deeply twisted by the Hemalurgy so I can't be sure.

I am quite sure you could Spike abilities in them, but not if they natural powers would be preserved upon their trasformation into koloss or if their souls is too my ruined

I'm quite new to the forums, but I read in coppermind (is that page canon?) that in Era 1, there are some koloss that were turned from Noble metalborn and that they would have kept their metalborn abilities since the spikes only transform the physical aspect, not the spiritweb. Only problem is that the koloss in Era 1 would most likely not remember how to use their allomancy.

4 minutes ago, Jensel14 said:

I'm quite new to the forums, but I read in coppermind (is that page canon?) that in Era 1, there are some koloss that were turned from Noble metalborn and that they would have kept their metalborn abilities since the spikes only transform the physical aspect, not the spiritweb. Only problem is that the koloss in Era 1 would most likely not remember how to use their allomancy.

Coppermind is not completely canon. That said, Hemalurgy works by ripping a piece off of a spiritweb and attaching it to someone else, so it mainly is a spiritual change that is reflected in the spiritual realm. I believe that they would retain their abilities, but since they don't eat metal very often it's unlikely that they ever use them

7 hours ago, marles said:

I am currently re-reading Alloy of Law and there is a Vanisher named Tarson that Wax recognizes as "Koloss-blooded" and Wax also suspects that he could be a Pewterarm. I'm not sure if it was ever confirmed whether or not Tarson was an Allomancer, but the fact that Wax thinks he might be shows that it is possible to have a Koloss metalborn.

6 hours ago, AC12 said:

I am currently re-reading Alloy of Law and there is a Vanisher named Tarson that Wax recognizes as "Koloss-blooded" and Wax also suspects that he could be a Pewterarm. I'm not sure if it was ever confirmed whether or not Tarson was an Allomancer, but the fact that Wax thinks he might be shows that it is possible to have a Koloss metalborn.

Koloss-blooded are not the same. Koloss have been changed to breed true, but they give birth to human children  with Koloss traits, who at a certain age are given the choice to receive spikes and become full Koloss. 

No one is saying it's impossible, we just don't know if the changes made would allow Allomancy to function normally in a full Koloss. Tarson was not a full Koloss. He did not receive the spikes. 

• 5 months later...
  • Chaos locked this topic