Does the Amount of Feruchemical Storage Affect Compounding?

Guest Breaker

Guest Breaker

Does the amount of Feruchemical storage I’ve Invested into a piece of metal influence what happens when I then burn that metal for compounding? If compounding involves tricking Allomancy into accepting a non traditional “key” for drawing forth Preservation’s power, then do I need any more than the tiniest bit of Feruchemical Investiture within my compounding storage metals in order to perform compounding at all?

What, in such a case, would then happen to my pre-existing Feruchemical storages? Would they be “refunded” to me? Would the Investiture merely return to Preservation and Ruin? Would it increase my compounding rate, output, or speed? 

Just some basic questions about the basic hack of Mistborn. 

The storage effects it in that it takes up "space" in the metal, and only the area stored in provides the feruchemical trait. 

yurisses

If Miles stored a very tiny bit of health into a gold bead and then burned it, what would happen? Would he see gold shadows for a time and then obtain compounded health when reaching the charged part of the bead? Would the bead be evenly charged and deliver only health, no gold shadows, but at a very low rate since only little health was loaded in it? Would the bead be evenly charged and deliver only health, but at a standard rate the user would always get when compounding?

Brandon Sanderson

He'd hack the system to deliver health for a short time instead of doing what it was supposed to do, but only until the small portion of gold invested with his investiture ran out.

source

Guest Breaker

So, then, it would be prudent to fill a bead slightly, burn the Invested portion, fill the rest of the bead with the gained Allomantic resource, and then burn that.

Probably takes some practice to do stuff like that, but it seems very plausible.

Compounding itself is already quite complex to performe.

Probably It's Just simplier to store the surplus into another piece of metal (that could be' always in the stomach for convenience)

Edited by Yata

• Chaos locked this topic