D&D Corner: Stories, Characters, Discussion.

Niteshado

So I have a character, actually he was my first character, who I absolutely love to play. 

He is a Dragonborn and his name is Yolo Swaggins, The Godless One, and he has a fun tale. Here is his backstory:

“Yolo grew up in a war torn country. His clan was one of the most Powerful of the Dragonborn clans in the area. He was a Generals son, taught from a young age how to fight and how to lead. For years, he trained hard, fought in plenty of battles, and served his Clan, and Bahalmut, well. He was advancing through the military ranks of his people quickly, leading successful mission after mission.

Then everything collapsed. 

Yolo was returning from a mission late one night, scouting an enemy clan’s war camp close to his clan’s home. When getting close to his town, he noticed the glow. He ran home to find his town in flames, bodies scattered in the streets. Yolo returned to his family slaughtered, town destroyed. Fighting the urge to retaliate, Yolo knew he would need help to take out the clan responsible. Therefore, he left, seeking to make a name for himself to someday return, and get his revenge.”

Now, I started Yolo with the intention of playing Lawful Good. I soon found out…I am not good at doing that! I do not think before I do things, and I tend to say what I am feeling. So Yolo turned into a headstrong, arrogant, couldn’t-care-less mindset, character.

And oh my is he fun.

Overall, Yolo is Chaotic at heart. He tends to lean toward the Good side for a while, but he mostly stays Neutral.

If anyone would like, I can explain his “Godless” title and how he earned it. That’s a fun story.

11 hours ago, King Cole said:

5e, and yeah my character is mostly built

Im currently playing a 5e. What character did you make? mine is dragonborn rogue (the whole party is dragonborn, based off events from the last campaign, that we are all yolo's children. weird yet fun story)

I had a fun idea the other day.

Make a barbarian, but hes Schizophrenic. :lol:  More advanced character to play, in the sense of you dont fully control him

So you start every day with a d100 roll, to see how bad/good of a day you are having. higher roll, good day. low roll, bad day.

You have to leave most of the characters reactions up to the dice. Dude beside you is acting shady. the voices tell you to kill him. roll against the voices. With a bad day, you have to beat 12-15 (or whatever number) to win against the voices. Good day, you gotta beat a 6-8 (or whatever, depending on your d100 roll). In most situations you have to roll against them, or whenever the DM wants you to randomly roll for saving throw against them.

Barbarian because of rage. Lose the roll against the voices, rage out and start listening to them. He would be unpredictable out of combat, in combat you fight normal, unless you have a reaalllyyy bad day and you want to kill everyone...party members included. 

This sounds way too fun to me. 

• 3 months later...

So! I am about to start a new campaign with a buddy from work, and with people that i dont know. Its 3.5e

So im gonna be a thorn in all their sides. 

My character (we all start at level 6) is a rogue. Maxed skills include: Hide, Move Silently, Bluff, Performance: Acting, Sleight of Hand. He is Chaotic Evil, to the core. Fun part of all this? We dont introduce ourselves to the party with what we are. So everyone, thanks to devious planning on my end with the DM, will think that I am a Sorcerer. Abet a really crappy one. Also, he will act Lawful Good/Neutral.

I have Perks: Quickdraw, Improved Initiative. Quickdraw allows me to sheath and unsheath a weapon as a free action (no rolling to see if i hide it) and Improved Initiative gives me +4 to my initiative rolls. 

Items: Ring of Absorption, Leather Armor of Improved Hide, Wand of Fireball. Ring lets me absorb up to 5th level spells, store them, and cast them back at will. Works with my sleight of hand. Rest is self explanatory.

So overall: My guy will let the party think hes a Sorcerer, granted a really crappy one. DM will allow me to make weapon attacks with Sleight of Hand, since i have Quickdraw, and Sleight of Hand will be used to absorb spells thrown at me. I can also cast Fireball from my wand and absorb into my ring. 

Overall Objective is to mostly cause Chaos in the party and in towns, and see how long i can remain hidden from it, and maybe kill a party member..or all..

By far my favourite character I played was Astiel Scarath. The schizophrenic illusionist. I started the game as a bard, getting an 18 in charisma, combined with a couple of the home-brew magical items I found, and my proficiencies I was getting +16s in my persuasion, performance and intimidation. So most people believed what I said (much to the GM's disapproval)

But here's the fun part

My character was insanely schizophrenic, and had acquired a cursed item that made his hallucinations into illusions. That, combined with my deck of illusions made everyone in the party have no idea what was real and fake.

Like the time I thought a trading ship was a lava Kraken. In an ocean.

In our campaign we were at sea for most of it. And we rolled a Decimal Die for encounters, the GM then sends an encounter our way once every 6 hours or so, The GM ALSO controlled my hallucinations. So instead of the party seeing two trading ships sailing towards us. They saw a giant lave kraken in the middle of the ocean roaring and screaming bloody murder.

After killing what we thought was the lava kraken (yes, we stayed and fought it cause we were idiots) The illusion vanished and we saw the bodies of the crew we killed

and now we are wanted by several countries because things like that keep happening to us.