Rules for Surviving a Fantasy World

Aon Ati

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

401. Try to ensure that you are not associated with people that were born on auspicous days or circumstances. (Seventh son of seventh son, born on All Hallows Eve, born under a comet, etc)

401a. If you are however, fake your death and go into hiding its your only chance.

3 minutes ago, Truthless of Shinovar said:

402. If your nemesis/and or any enemy for that matter doesn’t die in front of your eyes, THEYRE NOT DEAD. Prepare adequately for their eventual and dramatic return.

402a. even if you watch them die, there is at least a 30% chance they will be ressurected somehow.

402b. there is also at least a 10% chance that said enemy was merely a lieutenant for something worse that will now step forward.

2 hours ago, Dunkum said:

402b. there is also at least a 10% chance that said enemy was merely a lieutenant for something worse that will now step forward.

402ba.  If they died after saying something about how "little you know" or similar, this chance becomes 95%

404. If there's an old bearded dude with a staff and robes and he looks like he smiles a lot, follow him. Chances are, he'll send you on an adventure of fantastic proportions.*

*Only applies to fantasy settings. Do not attempt in the real world.

(I only realized just now that I could have done something about Error 404, but I guess it's too late... :( )

Edited by SirWolfe

20 hours ago, SirWolfe said:

(I only realized just now that I could have done something about Error 404, but I guess it's too late... :( )

The edit button is a pathway to many abilities some consider... unnatural.

405. If someone you meet tells you not to trust anyone (including themselves), don't trust them. They are guaranteed to betray you, and potentially get you killed.

406. Don't mess with rites/items/etc. that are supposed to convey immortality. They have a tendency to dramatically reduce your lifespan if they go wrong.

408: Under no circumstances should you tell your partner/team/coworker that you have something to tell them, and then continue the fight/meeting/investigation.  You will die, and they will have to find out the secret via a long, twisted path that could have been easily circumvented.  So tell them immediately!

409: If you hide your past from your children/new team, it will end in tears and/or mistrust.  Other outcomes include death and subsequent horror from your loved ones at the fact that you were a 'monster'.  Just get it out in the open.  However, this will mean you don't get the heroic 'save everyone with hidden skills from your dark past' moment.

• 1 month later...

411. If you and your group hear something ominous in the distance. Turn around and run the other way if you value your lives.

412. If someone is a little too interested in your heritage you are likely the prophesied hero in which case get you and your loved ones far away from the interested party.