Oversleep

Vin's earring

Vin's earring   57 members have voted

1. 1. Vin's earring was in her:

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

13 posts in this topic

Which ear did you think Vin's earring was in? There's no canon answer, just answer honestly what did you imagine based on what you read.

Edited by Oversleep

Left ear, because as a right-handed person, it's always been easier to stab a piece of metal into my ear with my right hand and stabilize my ear with my left hand, and the left ear is more convenient for that.

I don't think my imagination ever made a firm decision. When I imagine her talking to Kelsier about it in TFE, it's in the right ear, but when I picture Marsh ripping it out in HoA, it's in the left. The latter scene is more important, so i picked left.

Good point.  Honestly, I think she had both ears pierced and wears it in whichever one she feels like at the time.

Left....because It's left

I don't wear earrings but I went with right for this reasoning: the books make comments from time to time about how she runs her fingers around her earring as a bit of a habit. I'm assuming she's right handed...so I imagine her touching her right ear with her dominant hand unthoughtedly out of habit instead of reaching her hand across her body to the left ear. 

On 3/16/2018 at 3:36 PM, RShara said:

Left ear, because as a right-handed person, it's always been easier to stab a piece of metal into my ear with my right hand and stabilize my ear with my left hand, and the left ear is more convenient for that.

I vote the same ear for the opposite reason. Her Mother pierced her ear and would have a hard time reaching across the child to pierce the right ear (forcing the head to the extreme side). If  the mother was right handed, and statistically, she likely was, the child was almost certainly pierced in the left ear. There; decisive fact exposed :)

I actually imagined it in different ears at different points in the books, but the first time I imagined it was in the left.

Well, it's resolved now:

it's left.

Oh, that takes all the speculation out of it...

Whenever there is someone with only one earing, in my head, it is always their left ear. Idk why...

On 10/23/2018 at 5:46 PM, Oversleep said:

Well, it's resolved now:

it's left.

Trick answer! Vin's left ear is on the RIGHT SIDE OF HER HEAD!

Somehow I always saw it on the left in my first read through and right on the second. Apparently I was right the first time...

Left ear because of the Italian Job, which was also about a heist :D