Vin's earring

Oversleep

Vin's earring  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Vin's earring was in her:

I don't think my imagination ever made a firm decision. When I imagine her talking to Kelsier about it in TFE, it's in the right ear, but when I picture Marsh ripping it out in HoA, it's in the left. The latter scene is more important, so i picked left.

I don't wear earrings but I went with right for this reasoning: the books make comments from time to time about how she runs her fingers around her earring as a bit of a habit. I'm assuming she's right handed...so I imagine her touching her right ear with her dominant hand unthoughtedly out of habit instead of reaching her hand across her body to the left ear. 

On 3/16/2018 at 3:36 PM, RShara said:

Left ear, because as a right-handed person, it's always been easier to stab a piece of metal into my ear with my right hand and stabilize my ear with my left hand, and the left ear is more convenient for that.

I vote the same ear for the opposite reason. Her Mother pierced her ear and would have a hard time reaching across the child to pierce the right ear (forcing the head to the extreme side). If  the mother was right handed, and statistically, she likely was, the child was almost certainly pierced in the left ear. There; decisive fact exposed :)

• 7 months later...
  • Chaos locked this topic