Where does it go?

I think I am here.

So we know Investiture does not work around aluminium. But what happens to that Investiture. It completely empties metal reserves, but what happens to those reserves?

BRANDON SANDERSON (REDDIT)

1. It's consistent in the Spiritual Realm. Location isn't particularly important there.
2. Very interchangeable, but not always simple to apply.
3. Investiture can not be created or destroyed. It follows it's own version of the laws of Thermodynamics.

We can see the Investiture is not destroyed. So what happens to it? Where does it go to? Does Aluminium have a storing property?

In the case of burning aluminum, the effect destroys the metals themselves. 

For regular metal, it's not invested, so there's no difference between it having be burned up normally, or burned by aluminum. 

For God metals, the investiture that composes them would be released back to the Spiritual Realm without having been used. 

On 3/8/2018 at 7:30 AM, I think I am here. said:

We can see the Investiture is not destroyed. So what happens to it? Where does it go to?

In essence, Calderis is right. But I want to provide this WoB anyways, because it's useful to have wording with a different perspective.

Joe_____
So what happens to the investiture that is lost when a person is spiked and the spike isn't set in the new person immediately? Does it return to the big pool of investiture in the sky like the power from wheel of time where if its not actively being used it returns to the source?

Brandon Sanderson
What happens to someone's body when it's not being used by a particular person? The system is built to work like that.

• Chaos locked this topic