Long Game 43: Under the Banner of Adonalsium

Seonid

54 minutes ago, Fifth Scholar said:

@Drake Marshall what post is this? 

Also, about my defensiveness- D1 I offered myself to the lynch because I was busy at the time, hadn’t really “gotten into” the game, and was tired and kind of hoping the responsibility of analyzing an SE game would be taken off my shoulders. But I’ve had the opportunity to recently get *into* this game, and in particular I’ve had great fun going on Ruin hunts and talking in world docs and hoping I’ll get a PM with Randuir, among other things, that have really made me start to actually enjoy the game. So now I’m having quite a bit of fun, and then you came with a lynch on me based on one word I said, and then Mage jumped in without explanation. So I was a bit frustrated, and got defensive.

Fair. This is not really any different from what's happening to me (arguably it applies more to me than it did to you), particularly with votes like Eternum and Ripple's, but I concede that you might be more invested in this game then you were at the time you presented yourself up for the lynch.

54 minutes ago, Fifth Scholar said:

I’m kind of disliking that lynch candidates are holding their supposed unlynchability above our heads, and I’m not too happy about it. I’d argue that the lynch should stick, and except for rare cases like Hoid/Survival the person the players lynch should die. If you’re innocent, you can be Returned. If you’re not...well, maybe I understand, but if the village worked so hard to find and eliminate you, and they should be rewarded for their effort. While I disagree with Sart that the game is broken because people won’t die, I do think that there are too many ways for someone to worm out of a lynch (Scadrial/Preservation’s Investiture/Roshar exchange). So yeah, my vote’s staying on Drake. 

I'm not holding anything over your head, but I am giving full disclosure. I am curious why you would begrudge me the right to not go down quietly, right after you finished explaining why you no longer wanted to go down quietly.

But this puts me in something of an awkward position. I am reconsidering that any one faction could control both Ruin and Odium. But at the same time, by your own admission, your outlook on the game significantly changed, at around the same time conversions were happening.

If you are genuine about this, I would be sorry to lynch you, and I'm starting to wonder if you are genuine about this. But for whatever reasons, my suspicions really aren't dispelled.

I offer you no guarantee that I will not pursue this again at a later time, as some of my suspicions are still there, but Fifth; LL. Above all, I believe we should lynch one of the elim factions this cycle, and LL is the only other lynch candidate for whom a legitimate case for being an elim was made. Plus, I tend to have more doubts about LL's alignment than my own, unsurprisingly.

41 minutes ago, Steeldancer said:

Drake, don't give us that. We all know you can be a sneaky backstabber when it comes down to it. 

Oh, I'm not denying for an instant that I'm capable of backstabbing. But I would distinguish that particular capacity from subtlety. My particular brand of sneakiness is broad strokes, not very subtle. A subtle player might give off a good impression (alas, something I have never been very able to do, even when I'm not even evil). If we are talking about the MR, I did something unexpected to gain trust in spite of giving off the wrong impression.

I'd like to think that my planning can occasionally be quite effective, but it is definitely not subtle.

Edited by Drake Marshall

I finally made time to look through the thread, only to remember that the cycle ends at 8, not midnight. But, having read the thread, I agree with the various stances in favor of Lynching Living Legend over Ripple.

I am sorry for being so vague, and not making any posts of substance for people to really read. I will get an analysis post up before the end of the coming night, that will cover at least all of cycle 4 and 5. If I have time, I will go further back.

So now the lynch is tied, and the options are a player who will survive the lynch and a player who can't be bothered to defend themselves. I would prefer to lynch someone who will actually die, so I will vote for Livinglegend. Perhaps Odium or Ruin will kill Drake tonight. I have purposefully left this until the last minute in an attempt to force Drake to take the Scadrial action to defend himself from a possible lynch, which will allow him to be killed tonight.

17 minutes ago, Drake Marshall said:

...and the cycle should end shortly. I do believe this comes down to HH and aspects.

You have no idea...

And that's a wrap, everbody! Game, set, match!

Aftermath thread will be up when a writeup is finished.

Crem. Couldn’t even take Odium off Joe’s hands. Not in time, anyway.

But yeah, well played, @Hemalurgic Headshot. The irony is, I had an idea in the back of my head that I should bring up the possibility that Autonomic aspects in every world would mean endgame. But I just dismissed it with a laugh. Turns out that was my biggest mistake this game. Not trusting Orlok for most of the game, but trusting HH. Well played. 

*grumbles at himself angrily*

58 minutes ago, Fifth Scholar said:

Crem. Couldn’t even take Odium off Joe’s hands. Not in time, anyway.

But yeah, well played, @Hemalurgic Headshot. The irony is, I had an idea in the back of my head that I should bring up the possibility that Autonomic aspects in every world would mean endgame. But I just dismissed it with a laugh. Turns out that was my biggest mistake this game. Not trusting Orlok for most of the game, but trusting HH. Well played. 

*grumbles at himself angrily*

Did the hoidites tell you, or was i just that obvious?

EDIT WAIT I STILL HAVE ODIUM YESSSSSS

Edited by A Joe in the Bush

1 hour ago, Fifth Scholar said:

*is the Dominion that redirected Joe to Bard* :D 

Wait, what? I was certain you where Odium. Ah well, nice shot anyway.

Also, well done to HH I suppose? His is the only possible win-con I see causing an end-game state. I suppose it was stupid to dismiss the 'aspect on every planet' option.

Edit: before anyone else claims to be someone or something,I would like to point out that it's april 1st in at least some parts of the worlds when Seonid made that announcement. I highly doubt he'd make a joke about that, as 'SE is serious business', but just in case, keep the role claims to a minimum :P

Edited by randuir

1 hour ago, randuir said:

Edit: before anyone else claims to be someone or something,I would like to point out that it's april 1st in at least some parts of the worlds when Seonid made that announcement. I highly doubt he'd make a joke about that, as 'SE is serious business', but just in case, keep the role claims to a minimum :P

This thought is more than slightly terrifying. Though, I suppose being known as Dominion wouldn’t be terrible. Just inconvenient, because everyone’s questioning your motives whenever they’re redirected. But yeah, if this game isn’t actually over, I won’t be very happy. Hoid and Khriss want to claim? :P 

But Happy Easter to everyone! Normally, I’d add a disclaimer saying that I won’t be on for most of the day, but since apparently the game is over...

Edited by Fifth Scholar

Holy copper, Batman, it's over already? And here was me thinking I was going to be sitting watching from the dead doc for three months. :P

(He seems to have confirmed it in the dead doc and locked it off, so I'm pretty sure Seonid's not making this up.)

Congratulations to all! I’ll explain to you the game from my side of things.

I received Autonomy N0, and I immediately knew I was set. I had joined the game to have fun, and what’s more fun than forsaking your previous wincon to take over the Cosmere?

I didn’t receive my wincon until N3. At that time, I already had two aspects. I realized that I could end the game within two cycles, depending on if Ruin destroyed Roshar or not. I could place an aspect on Taldain, and then put one on Roshar if Ruin doesn’t make things easier for me. 

All I had to do this cycle was wait it out and hope I didn’t get lynched. And I had little reason to worry either. With enough suspicion going around against Ruin, Odium, underlying concern with Fifth, and the whole thing that Drake brought up at the beginning of the Day, I could be pretty sure that I wasn’t going to be prime candidate.

What amused me most is when @randuir and @Fifth Scholar actually requested aspects on their worlds. I had to play down my reaction in thread.

Yet again, good game.

18 minutes ago, A Joe in the Bush said:

@Droughtbringer @Devotary of Spontaneity @Ecthelion III, i owe each of you a shard. I am currently in control of odium!43. I will happily give it to one of you. Specifically, i will give it to the one of you who is willing to bribe me to choose you.

What type of bribes do you want?