Long Game 43: Under the Banner of Adonalsium

Seonid

13 hours ago, Seonid said:

Eternum (4): Hemalurgic Headshot, Jondesu, livinglegend, Ripple
Jondesu (5): Devotary, Drake Marshall, Fifth Scholar, Young Bard, Anonymous
Ripple (3): Droughtbringer, Joe, TheYoungPyromancer
Droughtbringer (1): shanerockes
Fifth Scholar (1): Steeldance

Huh, I could have sworn I retracted my vote on Eternum. (Page 66)

27 minutes ago, Drake Marshall said:

Pyromancer and Steeldancer are not on Scadrial... Are they supposed to be?

Otherwise the list is correct.

I can confirm Drought, Drake, Patji and I are the only ones on Scadrial. 

8 hours ago, Fifth Scholar said:

Also, Arinian, you’ve not commented since a while back, but you’ve been viewing the thread. Please stop lurking. 

Half of day turn I was drunken. Happy birthday to me hooray :D

We again lynched Jon hooray... probably we should stop lynching Jon and Straw when we don't know whom to lynch.

Taldain: Me, Joe, HH(and his Aspect), Sart.

That's all for now.

28 minutes ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

Where are they then? Their names didn't appear on the posted player lists for Roshar or Taldain, and I know they're not on Nalthis. Scadrial is the only other place they could be.

@A Joe in the Bush, @RippleGylf, could you double-check your player lists? Especially Joe, as Randuir confirmed the Roshar list.

GM mistake for me.  I am on Nalthais.

Nope, I'm on Taldain. Have been since Silverlight blew up, as I assume I would have returned there had it not exploded. I would appreciate being passed an investiture or something to use, so I can help you guys out. My RP is separate from my actual actions (interestingly, I do need to plan out my RP in advance to do that, otherwise my sense of story urges me to mirror my actual actions). I'll get in some more thoughts and things after my calculus tutoring session. 

However, IF I AM KILLED, it will be for sure that Khriss has Odium. First time, perhaps it was an accident. But the more time goes by, the more suspicious I am of the fact that Odium isn't taking an action each turn. Perhaps, for some strange reason, I scared Khriss. I have no idea what I would have done. But yeah. I'll be back with some RP and stuff later.  

3 hours ago, TheYoungPyromancer said:

Steel is not on Nalthais currently, but then again, he might not have gotten online to correct the error.

Also, hi Ruin! @A Joe in the Bush, @RippleGylf, @Fifth Scholar

One of you is Ruin.

Did I miss something? Last I checked, this was the list of suspects:

1. Young Bard 
  2. Eternum
  3. Fifth Scholar 
  4. Jondesu
  5. Droughtbringer
  6. livinglegend
  7. A Joe in the Bush
  8. RippleGylf 
  9. Megasif
  10. shanerockes
  11. Drake Marshall 
  12. Elbereth

Jondesu is of course dead, and we were focusing on the Rosharans and the Taldainians, which meant that the suspects are 

1. Young Bard
  2. Eternum
  3. A Joe in the Bush
  4. RippleGylf

Other than Young Bard pointing stuff out, he hasn't been cleared, so why are discluding him? (Also, I'm not Ruin)

1 hour ago, TheYoungPyromancer said:

Those were the people I saw that people were saying might be ruin.  I don't think it's you, Joe.

I wouldn’t be so sure about that. I could see a Joe!Ruin, though I’ll admit it’s highly unlikely. I’m more inclined to suspect Ripple and Eternum. But I have a nagging feeling Joe has a Shard. (Though, to be fair, I had that about Drought, but *apparently* he got Invested successfully, so whatever...)

Steel, I see Ruin!khriss, not Odium!Khriss. Though I suppose either could work, in theory. We’ll see how kills shape up tonight. Hopefully, things will become clear sooner rather than later, and we’ll get some constructive deaths.

1 hour ago, Fifth Scholar said:

We’ll see how kills shape up tonight. Hopefully, things will become clear sooner rather than later, and we’ll get some constructive deaths.

Just wondering, do you have a reason to expect kills tonight? So far, the majority of nights have gone without any kills.

Day 5 - End of Days

A figure walked down a narrow street, slowly picking his way through collapsed rubble and other debris. His head swung left and right, looking for signs of life. All the familiar landmarks were gone, and most of the buildings too, leaving a skyline that stretched on into the distance without interruption. For a city kid like Jeral, it was startlingly lonely; over the years he had come to enjoy the warm embrace of 50-story buildings on both sides of the street. Now, in this part of Silverlight at least, he was the tallest thing around, and he wasn’t sure he liked it.

Even so, the desolation wasn’t enough to dampen his spirit. His bright blue hoodie made him stand out against the destruction -- the front side of the hoodie bearing an image of a stick with the words “I am not a fire” below, the backside an exhortation to read books by some Sandon Branderson. Against the burned remains, he almost glowed in the weak sunlight.

“Hello, anybody there?” he called. “This is Silverlight search and rescue. If you need help just call for me!”

Okay, maybe that wasn’t entirely true. Jeral wasn’t officially trained by the Silverlight-ESAR or anything. But with his powers, he didn’t need official training to help, no, the time for bureaucracy would come later, after all the people-saving had been done first.

No response.

“H-here…” a weak voice called. An arm extended from under a slab of concrete.

“Uh, alright, stay where you are,” Jeral said. “I hope this works…”

He tapped into the Shard he held. A forest green halo of light shone around his hands.

Slowly, the slab of concrete lifted into the air. Then, the rubble under that rose up and away from the arm, uncovering a human body.

The person underneath stood up. They were covered with so much dust that Jeral couldn’t make out their face, or their gender. Not that Jeral should be trying to slot this person into categories of male or female -- they could be non-binary too, right?

“Thanks,” they said. “That...that was so Devoted of you.”

Jeral shrugged uncomfortably at their choice of words. “Anyone would’ve done that if they could.” He looked at the other person. “Uh...would you mind keeping it a secret, that telekinesis thing? I’m not really supposed to have this Shard...” Then he smacked his forehead -- in the rush of helping someone he’d forgotten basic medical procedure. “Do you want me to send you to a hospital? I think I can teleport you, that would be faster than walking.”

They waved off the question. “You know what I hate most about times like this?” they said, their voice suddenly venomous. “It’s bleeding-heart liberals like you who can’t keep their hands off of people in disasters.”

Jeral started. “I, uh, what?”

Dark red tendrils exploded out of the person and wrapped around Jeral. He kicked and struggled to escape, but it was futile. One particularly sharp-looking tendril crept towards his neck.

“Why are you doing this?” he asked.

“I told you,” Odium said. “I can’t stand people like you. Goodbye, Devotion.”

Forest green light exploded, then faded away.

--------------------------

Nearby, a man in a mistcloak strode through a hospital wing. The groans of the injured and dying swelled in his ears, a never-ending song of misery and pain. It reminded him of other times, back in a deep dark hole opened in the earth. But at least there were doctors here, even if their resources were stretched so far they were almost nonexistent.

He paused by one hospital bed, where a patient looked back at him from under a mummy wrap of gauze and bandages. What little of her was exposed to the air looked raw and angry.

With one hand, she clutched a silver necklace, the pendant of which was a spear. With the other, she reached ineffectually at him, trying to touch her Savior.

“Yeah, I’m here,” Kelsier said quietly. “And no, you’re not hallucinating.”

He covered her hands with his own, pressing something into her palms. An unkeyed goldmind.

“Survive.”

Ralar left the soup kitchen line with a steaming hot cup of noodles and a power bar. He sat down at a bench and picked up a plastic fork, eying his food. He grimaced. His noodles still were frozen in a square block, looking half-uncooked, and as for the power bar...well, it was Soulcasted. The less said about it, the better.

Ralar shoveled the noodles into his mouth before he could regret it. He chewed furiously, trying to keep the still-hard noodles away from his tongue, and swallowed as fast as he could. Storms, it tasted just as bad as it looked. Ralar felt slightly betrayed -- even though he’d suspected it would be awful, he hadn’t expected that Scadrialan cup noodles could be ruined this much.

Suddenly, Ralar gagged. His fork slipped out of his hand, letting a stream of noodles splash onto his pants. His face turned blue. A moment later, he collapsed onto the bench, completely and utterly dead.

From a few benches away, the Vessel of Ruin got up and walked away, munching on a power bar innocently. So it could redirect its aggression into less flashy actions. That was good to know.

Young Bard has been killed! He was an Adonalsium's Chosen-aligned Researcher and the Vessel of Devotion!

Droughtbringer has been killed! He was a 17th Shard aligned Researcher and Vessel of Honor!

Devotion has been Shattered!

Honor has been released from containment!

The Day will end in:

pin_1522551600.png

Player List:

1. Young Bard - Jeral Adonalsium's Chosen-aligned Researcher and the Vessel of Devotion!
  2. Arinian - Eilen
  3. Eternum - Habrian
  4. Fifth Scholar - Darrel
  5. randuir - Met
  6. Steeldancer - Steeldancer and Eobard Thawne Returned
  7. Straw - Straw 17th Shard aligned Researcher; Vessel of Preservation
  8. Jondesu - Quintus 17th Shard aligned Researcher
  9. Droughtbringer - Ralar 17th Shard aligned Researcher!
  10. Devotary of Sponteneity - Reed
  11. livinglegend - Unnamed Character 3
  12. A Joe in the Bush - Locke Tekiel
  13. MonsterMetroid - Willie
  14. Magestar - Moro
  15. Hemalurgic_Headshot - Jiamo
  16. Megasif - Mega
  17. Sart - Sam Taswell
  18. TheYoungPyromancer - Kelsier
  19. _Stick_ - Stick
  20. shanerockes - Philepe De Pedro Von Leiderhuch Johnson III
  21. Drake Marshall - Everen
  22. Elbereth - Elaria
  23. The Sand Lord (Nalthis)
  24. Patji (Scadrial)
  25. Trell (Taldain)
Edited by Seonid

I was right! Well, okay, Young bard wasn't actually Ruin, but he was shady, and droughtbringer was actually good, not evil as I thought, but I was kinda 20% right for all the wrong reasons!

Now, on that hings that just happened. Honor is free, and Devotion is broken. Also, If I didn't misread, was there a third kill that survival's extra life cancelled out? @Seonid, I don't remember if a kill against someone with an extra life is explicitly mentioned or not. Apologies if you clarified this before already.

Devotion being broken is a bit of a shame, but cultivation is still around, so it can be fixed. Seonid, Does cultivation need to know who holds the shattered shard, or can she just submit the order to fix Devotion without knowing who holds it?

Actual analysis to follow later.

Cultivation, I am openly requesting a PM with Randuir. Thanks much. 

Drought...actually had a Shard. But I guess his claim Dominion Invested in him D3 was true, since Honor was a recent acquisition. And now Honor’s free, again. Interesting. Which planet was Drought on? Might give us an idea of Honor’s whereabouts. 

Kinda meh about devotion’s shattering, as I hadn’t really given the Shard much thought. Interesting to me that nobody was Returned last night. 

I’ll say more stuff and cast a vote when I have more time.

It'll come up whether I say it or not. Drought was on Scadrial and the three of us (Drought, Drake and I) agreed to go after the shard so we could get a village Honor vessel. I'm not sure exactly how passing shards works, but just in case Odium feels like shattering Honor, I will neither claim to have nor not have Honor.

49 minutes ago, livinglegend said:

It'll come up whether I say it or not. Drought was on Scadrial and the three of us (Drought, Drake and I) agreed to go after the shard so we could get a village Honor vessel. I'm not sure exactly how passing shards works, but just in case Odium feels like shattering Honor, I will neither claim to have nor not have Honor.

Fairly certain that after a vessel dies, the shard passes to a random non-vessel unless the shard had already invested in someone.

1 hour ago, Fifth Scholar said:

Cultivation, I am openly requesting a PM with Randuir. Thanks much. 

Yes, that. Thank you in advance.

7 minutes ago, randuir said:

Fairly certain that after a vessel dies, the shard passes to a random non-vessel unless the shard had already invested in someone.

It goes to a random non-vessel player regardless of which world they're on, right? I don't think the rules specify this. I think Seonid did clarify this at one point but I don't remember.

Also, I'm assuming Drought lost his Dakhor Monk role when he gained Honour? 

6 hours ago, randuir said:

Now, on that hings that just happened. Honor is free, and Devotion is broken. Also, If I didn't misread, was there a third kill that survival's extra life cancelled out? @Seonid, I don't remember if a kill against someone with an extra life is explicitly mentioned or not. Apologies if you clarified this before already.

Attacks against someone with an extra life will be explicitly shown in the writeup.

10 hours ago, _Stick_ said:

Also, I'm assuming Drought lost his Dakhor Monk role when he gained Honour? 

He lost it at the end of the last day turn, as investment roles are granted at the end of a day turn, and last till the next day turn.

Devotion got released N3, which is unfortunately too late for any solid conclusions to be made about when Young bard got converted. We can be sure that he was converted last day cycle however, and from that I think I can conclude that Eternum and Devotary aren't part of Adonalsium's chosen. Young bard seemed quite willing to get eternum lynched, while I don't think he and devotary would have been changing their votes at the same time if they where discussing things in docs. Tie-breaker votes in particular tend to be interesting things to analyze, so I doubt an elim would have made one without first consulting with his team if they are available, which would remove the possiblity of accidentally breaking a tie twice resulting in a new tie if devotary was an elim.

I'm honestly less sure about Devotary not being evil based on this than I am of Eternum, but I still think neither of the two are likely to be part of Hoid's group. This doesn't clear them though, as they could still be part of Khriss' gang.

Below is a list of players that could also be part of Adonalsium's Chosen. In addition to Eternum and devotary, I've removed steeldancer, shanerockes and Sart from the list as well.

Spoiler
  1. Arinian - Eilen
  2. Fifth Scholar - Darrel
  3. randuir - Met
  4. livinglegend - Unnamed Character 3
  5. A Joe in the Bush - Locke Tekiel
  6. MonsterMetroid - Willie
  7. Magestar - Moro
  8. Hemalurgic_Headshot - Jiamo
  9. Megasif - Mega
  10. TheYoungPyromancer - Kelsier
  11. _Stick_ - Stick
  12. Drake Marshall - Everen
  13. Elbereth - Elaria

Steeldancer was village and got Returned. Though being returned does give some interesting abilities, it's a rather volatile role that can't get any shards the easy way. It's notable that the one returning him was an elim, but I think this was done just to get village cred. I do remember someone saying that because of this Steeldancer was unlikely to be recruited by the elims. I can't fin who this was, and if it was inf act Young Bard that said this then I want to take a new look at steeldancer, but I can't find who said that.

As for Shanerockes, this might be a bit of a meta reasoning, but he's been inactive for the first couple of cycles. If he was Hoid or khriss, I'd have expected him to get replaced by a pinch-hitter pretty quickly, and I doubt an elim team would have recruited someone that seemed to be inactive.

I don't think Sart would have made the 'everyone's difficult to kill' argument if he knew Devotion was evil and was part of a faction that could field 4 kills in a single night if they absolutely wanted to.

There are a couple of other people I'm going to drop from this list, but I'm less certain about these. First of all, I've already explained why I thought it was unlikely for HH to be Khriss or Hoid because of the way he's been using his actions, and he could only have been converted N0. Though it is not impossible for him to have been converted I've seen no evidence that that had happened. The things that made me initially suspicious are explained better by him holding a Shard than by him being an elim.

Magestar was invested in by straw, so he's not Hoid. He could have been recruited, but he attracted a lot of negative attention in C1, so I don't think this is particularly likely.

Pyromancer is still somewhat suspect in my opinion, but him being Survival does fit the facts as well as him being Hoid would have, and at this point I would have expected there real survival to have taken some kind of action to get rid of the imposter if Pyro's claim was false. A lot of what seems suspicious about him could be explained by him jsut being new, so i'm going to drop him from the lsit for now.

Spoiler
  1. Arinian - Eilen
  2. Fifth Scholar - Darrel
  3. randuir - Met
  4. livinglegend - Unnamed Character 3
  5. A Joe in the Bush - Locke Tekiel
  6. MonsterMetroid - Willie
  7. Megasif - Mega
  8. _Stick_ - Stick
  9. Drake Marshall - Everen
  10. Elbereth - Elaria

Now, on to reads to narrow this list down further.

I had a village on Monster, though Ripple hasn't posted enough yet for me to confirm this. I'm also leaning somewhat village on Fifth, and I explained before that he was a 'too obvious' conversion target. I haven't seen fifth play as an elim though, so I don't have anything to compare his behavior to.

I didn't have a read on Orlok because I'm just bad at reading him. Joe seemed to need quite a bit of time to get fully caught up at first, and I'd think this wouldn't have been as much of an issue if he had an elim doc to read through and get summaries from, so I'm tentatively reading him as non-elim.

Spoiler
  1. Arinian - Eilen
  2. randuir - Met
  3. livinglegend - Unnamed Character 3
  4. Megasif - Mega
  5. _Stick_ - Stick
  6. Drake Marshall - Everen
  7. Elbereth - Elaria

That leaves me with 6 suspects, not counting myself. I'll go through these 6 again before the end of the day-cycle, but narrowing down the list already took more time than expected and I need to get some food first.

Edited by randuir

Rand, why do you think the person who returned me was an elim? Did I miss something? Also, I'm still grumpy at you, Odium. But it does seem like Odium is not aligned with Khriss, then. Interesting. I will post some more thoughts in a few minutes, I have a couple things I need to get done. 

13 minutes ago, Steeldancer said:

Rand, why do you think the person who returned me was an elim? Did I miss something? Also, I'm still grumpy at you, Odium. But it does seem like Odium is not aligned with Khriss, then. Interesting. I will post some more thoughts in a few minutes, I have a couple things I need to get done. 

Because I'm dumb and thought Devotion had the returning power, instead of Endowment who actually has that power. :wacko: