Long Game 43: Under the Banner of Adonalsium

Seonid

I’d urge everyone to lynch somebody this cycle. Losing a lynch here is not acceptable, in my eyes. We need information, and the only way to get it is to follow through on our suspicions and actually put somebody’s neck within the noose. If you haven’t voted, please vote. If you have, but your target isn’t looking popular, please move it to HH or Pyromancer. This lynch is vital if only for the information it will grant us, and to get that information, someone must die. 

@Straw @Jondesu @Elbereth Would any of you move your vote to a more likely lynchable target?

I'm not gonna lie... I'm kind of suspicious of everyone and I don't trust anyone but I don't have any suspicions over others this round since the reset.

I do find it tough to believe that steeldancer forgot to put in an action last night personally.

21 minutes ago, Fifth Scholar said:

Pyromancer, sorry to say this, but we can’t kill Odium. He will simply change Vessels every time his current Vessel is lynched or killed. The only way to stop him is to pass him to Hoid, which is a terrible idea. But I kind of agree with Orlok that we’ve been talking too much about Odium, and not enough about lynching. 

We can put him back into containment we can get him to someone that wont use him and hoid cant use him besides his scanner ability. Plus I disagree Odium frankly is a threat and IMO the biggest threat to the fun of this game because shattered shards aren't fun.

@Orlok Tsubodai I would like to hear your read on fifth scholar.

I'm just starting to realize how tough this game is for the 17th cause you cant really trust anyone permanently and everything is shifting moment to moment away from 17s and there is no way to reclaim someone who has had their win con converted one way or another.

@Devotary of Spontaneity you mentioned up above why you were voting for HH I just want to make sure I understand is it because he said ruin and odium were the only source of night kills for the village and he forgot roshar or am i missing something?

If anyone else wants to mention why they are voting for sometone I would love a little catch me up because I feel way behind on some of these accusations and reads.

On 3/17/2018 at 11:02 AM, Fifth Scholar said:

It’s an issue because villagers have next to no motive to go for Odium unless they want to kill people. I’ll admit, I tried for Odium last turn. I don’t think anyone else will admit this, and I’m aware it paints a large target on my back. I wanted the Investiture and not the Shard, though, since I thought a kill action would be useful later. But I did NOT want to release the Shard, because now: 1) the person with Odium is going to try to shatter Cultivation, which eliminates our only means of restoring Shattered Shards, which means Odium can effectively cripple our Shardic ability use; 2) the person with Odium might want to get Odium’s individual win con, which is probably something that deals with Shattering all the Shards AND removes a 17th Sharder from our shrinking pool of villagers and 3) a vig kill every round isn’t good either, as even if it does hit either Elim team eventually it’ll probably hit twice as many villagers first.

@Devotary of Spontaneity Thanks for clarifying (I should read the rules), but as you yourself said, that doesn’t eliminate the dangers of Khriss doing it. Having our Shardic power dispersed among several planets will definitely make things more interesting at the least, and dangerous at the most. 

You say it is incriminatory to go for Odium, but you admit it anyways.  I think this is an attempt to gain trust.  Plus, bagging a kill action "because you thought it might be useful" is suspicious by itself.

On 3/17/2018 at 4:21 PM, Fifth Scholar said:

I’ve already said this in-thread, but I tried and failed to take Odium’s Investiture. I am not Survival (although that’d be nice), just a researcher who wanted to squirrel away a kill action. Unfortunately, I helped release Hate instead. So if I did have a Shard right now, it’d be Odium. And considering the amount of text space I’ve devoted to him, I think it’d be a slightly risky ploy to say these things so openly, were I him. Call this an IKYK if you will, and you’d probably be correct in labeling it as such, but I have no Shards and no Investiture. (Well, except for the Investiture in the objects I’m selling. But those need to stay invested.)

As a side note, I need to reread this thread a lot. We need lynch discussion and analysis, and I don’t think Devotary is a terribly good target. Thoughts to come once my reread is done, but anyone with thoughts on the lynch needs to speak up now so we can have an informed lynch before the cycle ends.

Again, you seem to be overemphasizing that you just wanted a kill action.  It is OK to want the shard, dude.  However, your repeated denial is fishy.

On 3/17/2018 at 5:31 PM, Fifth Scholar said:

At the time I didn’t realize that Shards stayed in containment if Silverlight was shattered, but my point still stands; a Khriss!Ruin could scatter us, and the Shards, among multiple planets, causing lack of communication, confusion, and restricted access to Shards we might want, while at the same time slowly blowing up the worlds that could get in her way (Scadrial springs to mind). So, with these points in mind, I’d be entirely unsurprised if Khriss went for Ruin last night instead of a conversion, knowing she would be able to divide us and disrupt village coordination.

You focus on Khriss a lot here, and you get inside her head, which you haven't done with others.

23 hours ago, Fifth Scholar said:

There are two possible Elim teams that could have taken Odium: Hoid and Khriss. Odium is literally useless to Hoid, since he can’t take kill actions, and there’s the fact that Hoid can’t directly steal Investiture from Shards anyway, so Hoid is definitely out (plus, I’m fairly sure Hoid converted last night, anyway). Khriss could have ended up with Odium, but I think she used her action to convert, or to steal from Ruin. While it is possible that Khriss does hold Odium now, considering the numbers of villagers either seeking to hold the power of Odium in their hand, or people like me who just wanted a kill action, I find the idea of Odium being in Khriss’ hands unlikely just because of the sheer quantity of villagers who tried to steal from Odium. Not to say it’s impossible, but I find village!Odium more likely.

You show knowledge here of elims that is a little too strong.  Also, in another post, you stated that you think Odium is a major problem, but we shouldn't focus on them right now.  That is a contradiction. However, both times you tried to draw attention away from Odium.  Also, if Odium went to a villager, that villager probably won't stay village for long.

14 hours ago, Fifth Scholar said:

Were I truly Odium, would I really talk about it so much, thereby drawing attention to myself for it? I’ve already owned up to trying to steal a charge of Odium’s Investiture last night, which, if I had actually ended up with the Shard, would be something that’s incredibly dangerous to claim. In addition, I am not supporting that we don’t focus on Odium. What I am saying is that there are bigger problems right now. Hoid and Khriss are definitely bigger issues, because their win con will be 100% incompatible with the village. Whereas the Shardic win cons that come when the Shardic Intent overrides a person are likely compatible with villager goals. Odium’s probably won’t be, and he’s definitely a problem, but he isn’t one right now because his Intent hasn’t overridden yet and he’s likely in village hands. In addition, I’m not sure what you think lynching Odium would actually accomplish; the Shard would just pass to a random person who lynched them, and we’d be in the same boat. 

Oh, and voting Young Bard for now because I find his early advice unhelpful, and I’d like him to respond to my post accusing him. 

Edit: Post from page 2 where I specifically say Odium is an issue:

It’s an issue because villagers have next to no motive to go for Odium unless they want to kill people. I’ll admit, I tried for Odium last turn. I don’t think anyone else will admit this, and I’m aware it paints a large target on my back. I wanted the Investiture and not the Shard, though, since I thought a kill action would be useful later. But I did NOT want to release the Shard, because now: 1) the person with Odium is going to try to shatter Cultivation, which eliminates our only means of restoring Shattered Shards, which means Odium can effectively cripple our Shardic ability use; 2) the person with Odium might want to get Odium’s individual win con, which is probably something that deals with Shattering all the Shards AND removes a 17th Sharder from our shrinking pool of villagers and 3) a vig kill every round isn’t good either, as even if it does hit either Elim team eventually it’ll probably hit twice as many villagers first.

@Devotary of SpontaneityThanks for clarifying (I should read the rules), but as you yourself said, that doesn’t eliminate the dangers of Khriss doing it. Having our Shardic power dispersed among several planets will definitely make things more interesting at the least, and dangerous at the most.

Again, you switch to saying Odium is bad for the village.  Then you switch back, IN THE SAME POST!  Come on!

9 hours ago, Fifth Scholar said:

@MagestarYeah, the issue with my defense is that it unfortunately goes deep into IKYK. But honestly, how else am I supposed to defend myself? I can’t plead innocence, since I’ve already told the thread that I tried to take a charge of Odium’s Investiture. On the count that I seem to be focusing a lot on Odium, this is true, but a lot of it was just some heavy initial commentary that came from my mind being on the failed theft of Investiture, and then people started grilling me for questions about him, so I began to talk more. 

@_Stick_ It wasn’t much, just kind of an off feeling I got that I’d attribute to gut. I have far bigger suspicions than Steeldancer at the moment.

@Hemalurgic Headshot I agree with you that Pyromancer seems odd, though I would give them the benefit of the doubt at the moment, and attribute it to posting style rather than alignment. For now at least, the former seems more likely. On another note, do you care to elaborate a bit more on your suspicions of me? You seem to simply be jumping on the bandwagon of “Fifth is focusing too much on Odium.” Do you have other reasons to suspect me?

@Drake Marshall, I think Hoid converted last night because stealing a Shard, even if successful, would be an unlikely proposition simply because Hoid would have little idea which Shards were being targeted, and wouldn’t want to waste his ability for little to no gain. He might be targeting a Shard nobody else is (complete waste of an action), or a Shard a lot of people are going for, which would help release it, but there’d be a small chance that Hoid ended up with the Shard. Far better for him to convert, then use his convert’s action along with his own to take a Shard the following night. 

You again seem very sure of what the eliminators did.  Plus, you seem very chummy with HH, before stabbing him in the back later.

5 hours ago, Fifth Scholar said:

Wait, we know how many charges need to be taken from a Shard to release it? Since when? As for your questions, I feel like I explain them a lot earlier in my posts, but I will say that I think a lot of villagers were probably tempted by Odium, whether the Shard or the Investiture. 

I like what Young Bard said. Unfortunately, I have to do work so I will elaborate later, but will take my vote off him for the moment. Oh, and Bard, when I said “letting your second paragraph slide,” it was the one accusing Devotary before we got proof that he was Khriss, and I wasn’t going to hold you accountable for a theory you held based on incomplete evidence.

You seem not very knowledgeable, where earlier on you seemed like you had thoroughly read and thought about the elims.

4 hours ago, Orlok Tsubodai said:

To add to this, Fifth now has nine posts in which he references Odium, with nine referencing Hoid and/or Khriss, and eight referencing other Shards. Mage, on the other hand, has nine posts in which Odium is mentioned, with two mentioning Hoid and/or Khriss, and four mentioning other Shards. Given the above, Mage's vote on Fifth for focusing on Odium seems deeply hypocritical. With the general tone I found from his earlier posts, I'm quite happy to keep my vote on Mage.

This.  You also make this very same argument 2 posts later, conveniently ignoring that it applies to you as well.

I am not sure if you are Odium, Hoid, or Khriss, but this whole thing is very suspicious.

Fifth Scholar

Did I do a good job on my first in-depth analysis?

Edited by TheYoungPyromancer

1 hour ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

almost 5/6 of the way through the cycle, and there are only five votes. For right now, I'm going to drop a vote on Hemalurgic Headshot. He expressed suspicion of TheYoungPyromancer for:

Later in that same post, he was wary of Fifth Scholar for reasons that he later claimed were:

He has also expressed uncertainty about lynching today due to the possibility of hitting a Vessel, before (incorrectly) claiming that Odium and Ruin are the only sources of night kills for the village. While none of this is necessarily indicative of an eliminator rather than a villager pressed for time, I would like @Hemalurgic Headshot to respond.

I believe that one of the points that you are concerned about is my miscalculation of the ability of the village to place kills. I have not looked at the rules very well. Sorry. That point was corrected shortly after, and I went back and realized my mistake.

1 hour ago, Fifth Scholar said:

So I’d like to talk about who we should lynch. The number of current lynch targets I’m currently OK with is 1: Drought. But I have nothing more than mild suspicion of him, and so I’d like to move to the person I actually would like to lynch: Hemalurgic Headshot. Not only would I like my Odium gloves back, which he received for a fraction of the initial cost, but HH seems a little suspicious. Behold his posts from this cycle:

Everything above the line is NAI fluff. He admits it, but that doesn’t change the fact that it’s NAI fluff.

Everything below the line, I’d argue, is mostly NAI fluff. It’s simply disguised as game talk, and as Elbereth pointed out, having NAI game talk (should we lynch or not? Etc,etc) tends not to help the village. He then does some probability, running the odds of us hitting “someone special” with the lynch by random chance. The only noteworthy thing I can get from this post is that he believes that both Hoid and Khriss converted. Perhaps he knows this because he is a convert/Hoid/Khriss? A bit tinfoil-y, but still a very real possibility. Oh, and he seems to support putting Shards back into containment if possible, which, as I’ve stated before, I think is a bad idea. 

First paragraph is a pun, which I fully support. Soft-claiming Odium, too, perhaps?

Second paragraph, he again brings up the NAI discussion of whether or not to have the D1 lynch. He seems to hedge against it, saying “there is a very high chance of hitting a villager” and “at the most, there are only four Elims.” What he fails to mention is that the villager:elim ratio is similar to most games, and that lynching causes discussion and lets the village get reads on people. Perhaps he wishes to stall one of the only means for the village to get a kill? I can definitely see an Elim arguing for a no lynch just to stop the village from using its kill. 

Third paragraph is a giant rhetorical question essentially summing up his second paragraph, and mainly adds length to his post.

First paragraph doesn’t say much, although HH does acknowledge El’s point that the lynch is one of our only kill methods. 

Second paragraph attempts to justify his assumption that Hoid and Khriss used their conversions. This is NAI, as I could see a villager or Elim saying this. However, it doesn’t say much, so I retain a minute amount of suspicion from this post.

This entire post, talking about NAI, is completely NAI. Well, the first part actually sounds a bit Elim-y: as Elbereth points out, not having a read one way or another on a player who has posted as frequently as HH has this game isn’t good simply on the basis that said person should have said something analyzable, at this point, especially since most of the discussion HH has been creating is NAI. So, slight Elim read from this post.

I agree with HH’s assessment of Pyro; however, this statement is somewhat hypocritical. Having brought up many NAI points throughout the game, and pushing discussion that is generally NAI, HH states suspicion of Pyro for not saying much in their posts, or agreeing with people preceding them. What does he then proceed to do? Call me out for the same thing Pyro did, and add basically nothing new. So while this post doesn’t necessarily indicate evilness, it does stink somewhat of hypocrisy, in addition to not adding much new to the thread other than discussion on Pyro which went basically nowhere. 

Here HH reiterates his concerns of my supposed Odium focus, and admits his argument was derived from previous players. This gives me a very slight village vibe.

This post bothers me. A lot. First of all, where have we “carefully planned” what to do with the newly released Shards? Perhaps a better question is, where have you? In an Eliminator doc, perhaps? And how does this revelation add anything huge right now, or disrupt any plans for this cycle? Odds are none of the Shards will get new win cons for a turn or two. Second, your rhetorical question provoked discussion on something NAI, again. And it’s also pure speculation, unless someone comes forward and admits that they’re Odium or Ruin. So this post helped nobody. 

@Elbereth @Orlok Tsubodai Would either of you mind switching your vote to HH?

Edit: All the ninjas

So I am a hypocrite. You have hit the idiomatic nail on the head. You have successfully broken down everything I have posted to its prime components and have truly revealed the amount of effort that I have commited to this game, which is close to none. You expected me to know the previous Elim:Village ratios. I do not.

I am being completely frank here. Though I will not deny everything you have said, I feel that rallying a late bandwagon against me is rather excessive.

And ninja'd by Pyro, who has brought up some very solid points on how you are suspicious, which I applaud him for putting forth meaningful analysis.

I would like you, Fifth, and you too, Devotary, to reconsider. As for now, I will vote No Lynch.

13 minutes ago, MonsterMetroid said:

you mentioned up above why you were voting for HH I just want to make sure I understand is it because he said ruin and odium were the only source of night kills for the village and he forgot roshar or am i missing something?

That was part of the reason, as was the ambivalent opinion on a Day 1 lynch and his echoing of other players's suspicions. But mostly, I wanted him to respond. Since he has now done so, and responded in a way that looks more like a frustrated villager than a deceptive eliminator, Hemalurgic Headshot. The vote is still tied 3-3 between Pyromancer and No Lynch, which means that nobody will die if no votes are changed.

4 hours ago, Steeldancer said:

I can only be on for a few minutes, but I do want to mention something that's really really been irking me. I've said literally nothing useful, and because of that I'm not on anyone's radar. And that is the absolute anithesis of my usual playstyle. I keep looking at your reads and not seeing my name and being strangely offended:P it's my own fault becuase I'm focusing more on RP this game. But to assauge my conscience, I'll try and do some actual analysis tomorrow. Also, the only person who I'm even slightly suspicious of is Pyromancer , but I don't particularly want him lynched as he's a first time player. But I don't really have anything else at the moment. 

If it makes you feel better I kind of want to lynch you just in case you do have Odium. But I know thats a really bad reason to lynch someone so yeah :P

I guess I have to retract.  5th Scholar.  No lynch.

I'm counting on you not to kill me.  The choice is in your hands now.  I take back my earlier statement that Straw was guilty.  He might be, but I overreacted.  Please, in the name of the Survivor.

Edited by TheYoungPyromancer

@Straw, for the record, I took from Ambition. :P  Extra actions ftw.  

I don't really have time right now to catch up properly on the thread, but I'm gonna list some things I feel are a bad idea.

I don't want to lynch Pyro first turn.  I don't like lynching newbies.  It colors the game poorly for them, and I don't want them to go away with a bad impression.  (Although, tbf, my first game was pretty awful, and I just kept coming back for more. :P )

I don't want to not have a lynch.  That's just a bad idea.  It gets us nowhere.

I don't want to be stuck between these two options.  -sigh- 

I feel like Fifth and Drought are both interesting options, and DoS feels weird to me too.  But I'm a little hesitant to put down a vote when I know I won't be on at rollover to retract in case something bad happens.  >.>  

I'm not going to vote.  I got a really bad feeling about any of the lynch options, and I don't like what's happening right now.  There are too many people on the table, and I'm worried that the Elims are stirring us up.

edit;  I realize this post did absolutely nothing useful and I apologize.

Edited by Magestar

21 minutes ago, TheYoungPyromancer said:

You say it is incriminatory to go for Odium, but you admit it anyways.  I think this is an attempt to gain trust.  Plus, bagging a kill action "because you thought it might be useful" is suspicious by itself.

Again, you seem to be overemphasizing that you just wanted a kill action.  It is OK to want the shard, dude.  However, your repeated denial is fishy.

You focus on Khriss a lot here, and you get inside her head, which you haven't done with others.

You show knowledge here of elims that is a little too strong.  Also, in another post, you stated that you think Odium is a major problem, but we shouldn't focus on them right now.  That is a contradiction. However, both times you tried to draw attention away from Odium.  Also, if Odium went to a villager, that villager probably won't stay village for long.

Again, you switch to saying Odium is bad for the village.  Then you switch back, IN THE SAME POST!  Come on!

You again seem very sure of what the eliminators did.  Plus, you seem very chummy with HH, before stabbing him in the back later.

You seem not very knowledgeable, where earlier on you seemed like you had thoroughly read and thought about the elims.

This.  You also make this very same argument 2 posts later, conveniently ignoring that it applies to you as well.

I am not sure if you are Odium, Hoid, or Khriss, but this whole thing is very suspicious.

Fifth Scholar

Did I do a good job on my first in-depth analysis?

Yes, it was an attempt to gain trust. That’s generally what I try to do in games like these, as getting mislynched tends not to be on my list of priorities. And bagging kill actions, while seeming to be suspicious, was something a wanted to do to have a way of eliminating someone I saw as a threat without going through the bureaucracy of a lynch. I expected to draw suspicion from my Odium comment, and was frankly surprised when relatively little came. However, I said it because I believed it was useful to spread information. There’s a saying @Orlok Tsubodai is fond of regarding spreading information to help the village, but I’ll let him say it, because I’d rather not steal his glory. 

Wanting the Shard is OK. I understand this, and if I thought desire to take Odium was sufficient grounds for suspicion I’d be pushing a lynch on Steel. But I don’t think that wanting the Shard is bad. I just don’t want it because it makes you everybody’s target, which isn’t a good thing. And I want a ...nicer Shard, if at all possible.

I’ve gotten inside Hoid’s head as well, I think, but I don’t know why you see this as bad. Think like your enemy, and you shall know his moves before he strikes. Which is a paraphrase of something famous. Not entirely sure what.

Alternatively, I just read the rules a few times and tried to construct a logical thought process for what Hoid and Khriss would have done. Clearly not enough, as I still made a rules mistake, but I tried. 

My consistent stance on Odium is that he’s not an immediate threat but will become one, once the Vessel is overwhelmed by the Intent. I challenge you to find one post of mine where I deviate from this position. Also, curious as to how you think that mentioning Odium twice, in the same post, draws attention away from him?

I was speculating as to what the Elims were doing, and had no firm idea. As for being chummy with HH before trying to lynch him, I am friends with him in real life, but that doesn’t mean I can’t suspect him of being an Eliminator. 

Not really sure what you mean by that last section there. But your analysis itself wasn’t bad. Mine was far worse on my first attempt (ask anyone who played the AG). 

Pyromancer, I’d rather not lynch you. You aren’t particularly suspicious, and you’re new to the community as well. But I’m very tempted, just because I feel like we need the information a lynch could offer. 

So, I will take you up on your offer. Fifth Scholar. I’ve been the center of a lot of discussion, and my death will provide a wealth of information about people, how they reacted to me, and their suspicions. Plus, my real-life responsibilities are beginning to compound, and I may not be able to devote the amount of time to this that it probably deserves. I urge every villager to vote for me, and end this cycle with a lynch that will actually give us something rather than having us flounder around aimlessly the next two cycles.

@Droughtbringer @Orlok Tsubodai @Elbereth @TheYoungPyromancer @Magestar @everyoneelse

Im going to bed. Best of luck to everyone.

Oh thanks for the response devotary I missed it sandwiched between pyromancer posts.

I have to agree with Magestar, even if Pyro is an elim I dont really want to lynch him day one. Day two I think we can definitely talk about it, but day one lynching a new player leaves a bad taste in my mouth personally.

gosh dang it fifth I was thinking about voting for you then you pull this crap... It is either a huge gamble or exactly what you say it is but I guess either way it is sort of a NAI post... I need to think about this more.

Well, apparently I could have just died peacefully had I not said anything. I am being completely honest when I say that I don’t mind dying. Please vote for me, Monster. And yes, my post is NAI. But my death won’t be. I am prepared for the afterlife. With no Shards, and no Investiture, my death will have little effect outside of providing info. This is the perfect informational lynch. Please actually vote for it. 

Alright, now I should actually go to bed and stop stressing about this.

4 minutes ago, Fifth Scholar said:

Well, apparently I could have just died peacefully had I not said anything. I am being completely honest when I say that I don’t mind dying. Please vote for me, Monster. And yes, my post is NAI. But my death won’t be. I am prepared for the afterlife. With no Shards, and no Investiture, my death will have little effect outside of providing info. This is the perfect informational lynch. Please actually vote for it. 

Alright, now I should actually go to bed and stop stressing about this.

Well, you could be called back from the Cognitive Realm if Ambition or Endowment sees fit. If by chance you have time later in the game. I trust that you actually do have responsibilities, and those should be your priority.

No lynch. Fifth Scholar.

2 hours ago, Droughtbringer said:

The bolded part made me laugh :P 

But, I've just been busy, I could give you all a rundown of my past couple of days if you really want it, but I don't feel like that is the most useful use of my time.

Reads:
@TheYoungPyromancer: I have been reading you as playing very similar to how you played when you held Survival, and you also mentioned something about you being sick and this being almost all that you have to do. Considering both of these things, your playstyle reads the way I would expect a villager to do in much the same situation. If you are overly bored, and need something to do, I would suggest going through and do some analysis; or take a look at specific posts and take notes about what stands out to you, and then post them. It takes a lot of time, but can be very, very rewarding. Slight Village Read

@Orlok Tsubodai You are playing as I expect you to play, and are being amazingly active and useful, for everyone in the thread. I find myself agreeing with most of your posts, and I am getting a fairly strong village read from you. Beyond that, you are posting enough that, if anyone becomes suspicious of you, we will have a lot of posts to look at with a new perspective.The only problem that I see is the above quote, which I disagree with. Although I agree that we should have a lynch, I do not believe that we should Lynch Jon over that, what he has said is plausible to see, and waiting will give us more of chance of hitting elims. Beyond that, I don't see an elim advocating for no day one lynch, unless their team mate is up for the lynch, which, even then, it would normally be better to just go after someone else and deflect suspicion (Especially if you can hit someone on the other Elim faction. So I disagree with lynching Jon.  Slight Village Read (And, because I talked a decent bit about @Jondesu in this paragraph, Slight village read on Jon as well)

Well, at least 6 people (if not more) did not end up with Investiture, due to the Shards they went after being taken. I, at least, fall into that category. So although worldhopping around would be useful for some of us, for a lot of us there is not that much use. The big problem I see with this is that if we start spreading out then all the elims need to do is stay here, and they should be able to almost have a monopoly on shards which is not something that I want to experience. I see this as a slightly off post, so Slight Elim Read

SartAs you are my largest elim read, currently.

I didn't read the rules carefully enough, and didn't realize that when a Shard breaks free it prevents people from getting investiture. That significantly weakens my plan, and puts the non-Shard village at more of a disadvantage. I disagree on the point of concentrating Shards in Elim hands. For one, it would draw immediate suspicion on the people still in Silverlight. In addition, to steal a Shard a full team of Eliminators would have to give up their action, barring any village help. That means, at least in the short term, that the Elims can't take a Shard without relying on village help. If we could coordinate what Investiture we are taking, we would have a good shot at keeping the Elims from the sudden death win conditions, by leaving one Shard in containment. So, I guess I'm okay with people staying for this night turn at least. If any other Shard breaks free, there will at least be the chance it goes into villager hands.

1 hour ago, Straw said:

Hmm. The ideal situation is probably to have Ruin destroy Silverlight. This would remove the main disadvantage to moving to other worlds, as it would allow players to collect investiture while on other worlds.

This stuck out like a red flag to me. Didn't we already discuss how that benefits Khriss? That completely wrecks any plans to seal away a Shard for the game, and would make tracking actions a nightmare. In addition, you've also been jumping on several lynch trains today. I think something is off with you Straw.