Vin and Hoid's missed conversation

won2three4

So i was rereading the mistborn books lately and i had forgotten about the close encounter Vin had with Hoid in Fadrex (sp?) where she decided that something didn't feel right and didn't meet with him (when he was posing as a beggar/informant). My guess is that ruin kept her away from him as he might have given her some good information.

My question is this:
has anyone ever asked Sanderson what Hoid and Vin would've talked about?

for some reason I just wish that conversation had happened.

separately i wonder what Hoids' thoughts are on Sazed.

1 hour ago, won2three4 said:

has anyone ever asked Sanderson what Hoid and Vin would've talked about?

Yes:

Lurcher

Another what if. [Secret History Spoiler] What information would he have told Vin?

Brandon Sanderson

So, he would not have revealed terribly much of use to her. He was there trying to find out things for him.

source

Here's an answer to what actually spooked her off, but it contains a spoiler for Secret History, so be wary of that: https://wob.coppermind.net/events/181-stormlight-three-update-4/#e3803

Edited by Oversleep

This was literally the funniest part of that book. I still haven't quite finished Secret History (which is going to make it less funny) but the fact that Vin saw this beggar and had the mental fortitude to know something was wrong and just "NOPE" her way out of that situation cracks me up forever.

I just... picturing her just like, "Nope, nope, nah, no thank you, nope!" as she hops over roofs is fantastic.

• Chaos locked this topic