Question on Cussing “Feature”

Podman

14 hours ago, King Cole said:

I figured out it existed by accidentally saying the short form of Damnation (wish isn't a curse word, I will fight you on this) and getting damnation

I would say it's debatable, but I will also say that damnation is not a good alternative, because it's often used a different kind of word and then it just doesn't fit.

6 hours ago, Leyrann said:

I would say it's debatable, but I will also say that damnation is not a good alternative, because it's often used a different kind of word and then it just doesn't fit.

Exactly, you can't say "damnation it" cause it doesn't sound right

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/25/2018 at 7:30 AM, Archer said:

Who's the best staff member to PM with swear words? To clarify my intent, I've got a dozen bad words that can make it through the filter. I'd like to send them to a staff member so that they're aware of them. 

@Chaos is probably best

On 3/30/2018 at 11:19 PM, Elenion said:

Jackdonkey and Richard are holes that probably need to be corrected. I suggest "cremling" and "Straff Venture", respectively.

This is storming brilliant! Now excuse me as I go call everyone a ‘Straff Venture’

1 minute ago, Archer said:

I did. He was pretty chill about it. Not that I'm encouraging you to send swear words to the Admin or anything, but I lived to tell the tales so... :ph34r:

I would definitely encourage you to do this. Cause I want to see the hilarity of Chaos just getting dozens of PMs with tons of swear words.

(not really)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Does a PM where this was tested still exist? Could I be let in to see all the Sanderson-themed words? :ph34r:

Not that I swear myself - exact opposite - but knowing would be funny.

On 4/2/2018 at 1:57 PM, The Forgetful Archivist said:

I'm not fighting you but I am curious about your reasoning. 

As am I. I personally think it is one, so I'd like to hear why you think this.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/31/2018 at 3:28 PM, FeatherWriter said:

Fun story about "hell" as a filtered word. It used to be in the filter, and then Brandon published "Shadows for Silence in the Forests of Hell" and we can't very well filter a word that's in the title of one of the books...

Can it really be called the Forests of Hell is in the Cosmere there is no concept of Hell, unless its just suppose to be how Brandon wrote it that way because of how he rights