Question on Cussing “Feature”

Podman

So, I recently saw someone mention (I don’t remember exactly who) that the site will automatically replace certain words with Cosmere alternatives. Is this real, and if so I so badly want to run some tests. 

:ph34r:

Yes! :D 

This is going to be fun...

The best part is I used to assume that everyone is just really into using Sanderson themed words! I mean, I know that loads actually are, but still. It’s just hilarious to me for some reason!

Edited by podman36

On 3/2/2018 at 1:59 PM, podman36 said:

Yes! :D 

This is going to be fun...

The best part is I used to assume that everyone is just really into using Sanderson themed words! I mean, I know that loads actually are, but still. It’s just hilarious to me for some reason!

The profanity filter came as a huge shock to me, and made me legitimately blush as I was one of those people who rusting loves to use Sanderson themed words.

1 hour ago, Fifth of Daybreak said:

The profanity filter came as a huge shock to me, and made me legitimately blush as I was one of those people who rusting loves to use Sanderson themed words.

Exactly. 

Puzzle Pirates did the same thing in game by replacing swears with pirate slang.  Love it! (I'm testing it!)

Storm this rust!  Damnation!

Ha!  So there's one if you write it corrects to "[I use really dirty language and should be ashamed of myself] "

Also "cremhole" sounds equally terrible as the real word. :ph34r:

Also the best way to see without potential naughty posting is to hit the "Preview" button. 

Edited by Zellyia

Any idea yet which words are banned? I don't have the will-power to write out all of the swear-words I know. B*stard isn't edited, as far as I know, though it would be funny for the filter to cause "You Illegitimate child, Shalladin is the best ship by far!!!!!" to pop up on a discussion forum. 

Edited by I am Witless
Clarifying.

• 3 weeks later...

Curiosity killed the cat... I just spent several minutes typing in cuss words in order to discover what they became. I'm glad no one else saw my computer screen, or it would have been a detention for sure.

Also, here's some holes:

Jack[wild donkey] and [offspring of adulterous relationship] are not filtered. Neither is [home of demons], [awful nickname for Richard], or [awful nickname for Richard]head.

On 3/28/2018 at 10:07 AM, SilverTiger said:

Curiosity killed the cat... I just spent several minutes typing in cuss words in order to discover what they became. I'm glad no one else saw my computer screen, or it would have been a detention for sure.

Also, here's some holes:

Jack[wild donkey] and [offspring of adulterous relationship] are not filtered. Neither is [home of demons], [awful nickname for Richard], or [awful nickname for Richard]head.

Jackdonkey and Richard are holes that probably need to be corrected. I suggest "cremling" and "Straff Venture", respectively.

Illegitimate child probably should stay because there's non-swearing uses for the word, and home of demons definitely does because it's in the full title of Shadows for Silence.