strange swearing

wocka duckbill

In what way?  It seems like the swearing is usually related to the planet and or/people.  

Roshar = "Storms!"  because wow these storms are rough

Nalthis = "Colors!" because it's a cultural/religious thing

Lot of swearing by local deities as well ("by the Lord Ruler!")

Edited by Zellyia

@Zellyia How about Vorin-styled curses like 'by Pagerunner's Memory'? Or if you want Sharder insults, how about "May thy theory be Shattered"? And of course, one can't forget swearing by the Ultimate Reality, the avatar of the God Beyond: "Stick!"

That's less an insult and more how you challenge a fellow member to a Sharder Duel. Very ritualized competition, involves trying to make theories out of random prompts while downing shots of Veden Saph. Last one able to make a coherent theory wins.

2 hours ago, tineye0309 said:

Or just the word "Shard" Seem's like an apt replacement for a current curse. (i.e. "Oh Shards," "I Just Sharded," "Holy Shards!!")

So... is 'I just Sharded' supposed to be something Awesome or is it meant to be deeply shameful? Because I could see that one going either way. xD

Sorry, what exactly are you asking/proposing? The reason Stormfather is a curse in Stormlight Archive is because the planet has big honking storms that regularly sweep the world and this storm is embodied in a sapient spren (the literal Stormfather) because of how Investiture manifests on Roshar. I'm not sure what that has to do with Mistborn or swearing or cross-Cosmere connections.

• Chaos locked this topic