Krios

You don't talk about the fightclub - the battle thread

37 posts in this topic

On 4/7/2018 at 8:24 PM, Hufdud said:

Alright, to start this off I feel the trapper’s only chance against the mistborn is to avoid notice and employ a wide variety of traps. In almost every scenario where the trapped and mistborn directly interact I see the mistborn easily dispatching him with just a few shot coins. The only way such a direct confrontation could really hurt the mistborn is if this engagement distracts them from some other danger of Patji (deathants eg.) and then either both die or the island kills the mistborn before they can finish off the trapper. 

This leads to the main contender in this scenario: Patji itself. I really do not see any surefire way for the mistborn to come out on top. His lack of knowledge regarding the dangers of the local fauna and flora alone will probably be enough to ensure he doesn’t make it the full 24 hours. This is what I see as the biggest threat. Even if they survive the many predators and the trapper himself, 24 hours on an island designed to kill everyone who sets foot upon its shores is too long for any ignorant person to survive. Even with tin to enhance the senses and warn of insects, many of the plants are poisonous as well.

Of course, then there are the predators. This is where the mistborns allomantic abilities would become the most useful. Their best bet would to be to use their copper sparingly, stretching out its usage by only burning it when predators approach and then using iron/steel and coins to escape to a different location. Unfortunately even this approach will run out before the 24 hours are up and they will have to resort to fighting. Pewter, plus the coins at their belt, could likely kill these beasts if they come in small enough numbers, but then we run into the problem of these pained and dying creatures attracting a larger horde that would overwhelm even a prepared mistborn. This is where we might see some value in emotional allomancy: by suppressing the dying beasts emotions of pain and vulnerability and perhaps rioting emotions of strength it is possible the mistborn could stall or even stop the formation of such a horde. Of course this is all assuming their steel and iron have lasted all this time. 

In conclusion, I think that this becomes a war of attrition of sorts between the island and the mistborn, the more metals the mistborn runs out of, the more perils they have to face. With a goal of 24 hours I really see no way the mistborn could hold out and survive.

 

Next Situation: Infiltration. The arena will be an isolated castle in Arelon (elantrians have decent access to the dor without the overwhelming boost of being within the city itself) The objective is a cylindrical gem filled with void light (to make it distinguishable to both teams) Team one, remaining within the castle grounds, will be given 30 minutes of preparation within the caste before having to protect the gem for 24 hours from team 2. Team 2 wins if they can escape the premises with the gem within the 24 hours. Either team also wins if they kill all their opponents before the time runs out. Both teams also have a knowledge of the layout and design of the castle before the match begins.

Team 1 (defenders):

Raoden 

Awakener barely of the 4th heightening (as soon as they awaken anything they will be back to the third heightening and will lose their perfect life sense) with combat training and an invested sword (not awakened like nightblood but invested enough to stop a shard blade and resist allomantic pushes and pulls)

Forger of med skill with a soulstamp that provides increased combat training (knows some history of the castle itself)

Five Koloss guards with obsidian swords

Team 2 (Attackers):

Kelsier (from Final Empire) with his typical number of vials of the 10 basic metals (except atium, of which he has only 5 seconds worth) and two obsidian daggers

Windrunner of the fourth ideal (blade and plate) filled with storm light and carrying a few infused emeralds (can also retreat to replenish storm light at a location a few miles away)

The battle goes to Kelsier/Windrunner.

Next situation: head to head battle to the death.

Location: football stadium

Team one: five mistborn with their metals fueled directly by preservation.

Team two: five skybreakers of the fourth ideal (blade and plate) with stormlight fueled directly by honor.

Both teams have complete knowledge of the other teams abilities, and complete knowledge of the layout of said stadium.

Edited by Lord Mistborn Skybreaker
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Lord Mistborn Skybreaker said:

The battle goes to Kelsier/Windrunner.

Next situation: head to head battle to the death.

Location: football stadium

Team one: five mistborn with their metals fueled directly by preservation.

Team two: five skybreakers of the fourth ideal (blade and plate) with stormlight fueled directly by honor.

Both teams have complete knowledge of the other teams abilities, and complete knowledge of the layout of said stadium.

Skybreakers easily. Mistborn can't heal

 

Next Battle:

Dalinar vs Vasher (both in their primes)

Plate and Blade- no other magic

Location: Cage Match (cage is made of aluminum so thick it can't be broken/damaged at all)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Storms! said:

Skybreakers easily. Mistborn can't heal

 

Next Battle:

Dalinar vs Vasher (both in their primes)

Plate and Blade- no other magic

Location: Cage Match (cage is made of aluminum so thick it can't be broken/damaged at all)

If their both in their primes, vasher holds a great trove of breath, dalinar has zero magical abilities.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎4‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 5:07 PM, Lord Mistborn Skybreaker said:

If their both in their primes, vasher holds a great trove of breath, dalinar has zero magical abilities.

Right, which is why I said NO OTHER MAGIC! Dalinar doesn't get Stormlight or the Thrill, Vasher doesn't get to use Breath. Just two normal dudes who happen to be experts in combat battling it out in a cage match

 

Also, if you respond to a scenario, you need to reply with a new one. So I'll repost my scenario so someone else can pick it up and the thread can continue

Next Battle:

Dalinar vs Vasher (both in their primes)

Plate and Blade- no other magic at all

Location: Cage Match (cage is made of aluminum so thick it can't be broken/damaged at all)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Storms! said:

Right, which is why I said NO OTHER MAGIC! Dalinar doesn't get Stormlight or the Thrill, Vasher doesn't get to use Breath. Just two normal dudes who happen to be experts in combat battling it out in a cage match

 

Also, if you respond to a scenario, you need to reply with a new one. So I'll repost my scenario so someone else can pick it up and the thread can continue

Next Battle:

Dalinar vs Vasher (both in their primes)

Plate and Blade- no other magic at all

Location: Cage Match (cage is made of aluminum so thick it can't be broken/damaged at all)

Ok, then dalinar wins because he is better used to the extra strength/speed of plate. 

Next battle: Teams

team one: radiants

(SKYBREAKER) szeth: at forth ideal (blade and plate) with nightblood.

(WINDRUNNER) kaladin: at fourth ideal (blade and plate) with 5 windrunner squires (no blade or plate).

(BONDSMITH) dalinar: at fourth ideal (plate) with the ability to supercharge all radiants with stormlight.

(ELSECALLER) jasnah: at fourth ideal (blade and plate)

(LIGHTWEAVER) hoid: fourth ideal (blade and plate) unlimited investiture (metals, stormlight, breath, etc..) 

all radiants get unlimited investiture 

team two: all marvel heroes from the mcu (marvel cinematic universe)

Edited by Lord Mistborn Skybreaker
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Radiants because Dalinar can boost all of their abilities. The marvel heros would almost no innate investiture which means Jasnah can soulcasting easier than a stick. Shallan can hide them, and almost all of them are equipped with weapons that pretty much killed after one strike. The only problem could be doctor strange, but Nightblood and his influence over the good will make him make mistakes.

Next battle

2 Parshedi windrunners squires in warform with pain knifes(an augmeter fabrial that increases and creates pain, like the one Navani had on her watch, but as a knife.)

Versus three hazekillers and a a-pewter f-iron twinborn

Edited by MountainKing
Changing the Fight and Fixing Grammar
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe that we should consider superheroes and all relevant gear invested

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even with the armor being slightly the Radiants still have shard's, the shard blade alone neutralizes Thor's thunder and lets them face the hulk, blades will kill any living opponent, Dalinar can understand what their planning and saying, but even if they tagged one of the Radiants they won't be able to understand their battle plans, and the sheer amount of investiture that Dalinar produces will let Jasnah transform the armor of the marvel heros.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm so glad I found this

I started my own battle thing because I didn't know this existed

THIS IS SO COOL!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/12/2018 at 5:49 PM, MountainKing said:

Radiants because Dalinar can boost all of their abilities. The marvel heros would almost no innate investiture which means Jasnah can soulcasting easier than a stick. Shallan can hide them, and almost all of them are equipped with weapons that pretty much killed after one strike. The only problem could be doctor strange, but Nightblood and his influence over the good will make him make mistakes.

Next battle

2 Parshedi windrunners squires in warform with pain knifes(an augmeter fabrial that increases and creates pain, like the one Navani had on her watch, but as a knife.)

Versus three hazekillers and a a-pewter f-iron twinborn

The Parshendi Windrunners, because they could just lash the other upwards, and they couldn't do anything about it.

 

Ok. this next game is just a one v one battle on the shattered plains, taking place right after a Highstorm. The contestants:

Waxillum (Mistborn Era 2) has enough steel to push off something for 30 seconds and enough Iron to increase weight to 3oo pounds for thirty seconds. He also has the Bands of Mourning.

Versus

Old Chapps (Warbreaker)-Doesn't have magic, but like I said, Waxillium has the Bands of Mourning, and he obviously can't use those:D

Who will win?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let's see a armed and deadly twinborn versus a mad fisherman. Not much of a fight Wax wins.

 

Next Miles hundred lives vs bleeder with Feruchemical Steel. Takes place in the auction room that we see in the beginning of Shadows of self.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, bmcclure7 said:

Let's see a armed and deadly twinborn versus a mad fisherman. Not much of a fight Wax wins.

 

Next Miles hundred lives vs bleeder with Feruchemical Steel. Takes place in the auction room that we see in the beginning of Shadows of self.

Bleeder wins, she can dash around at insane speeds and rip out his metalminds. 

 

Next Battle.

Free-for-all death match.

The contestant’s are⬇️

A awakened metal man; with the full powers of nightblood, only he can also move of his own accord. 

The Lord Ruler with enough of all 16 metals to last 3 hours, metalmind bracers of all varieties, and atium for 30 minutes.

A Fullbinder (controlls all surges and voidsurges) with enough stormlight to last for 3 hours; and shardplate.

And Kelsier, as a fullborn with the same metal amounts as the Lord Ruler.

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.