[OB] Buy/Sale

firstRainbowRose

If an admin start it, obviously no one will think the wrong thing! Right?

Buy and sale is a simple game. I will post a sentence. The next person to reply will then either say "buy" as in they agree and would believe it, or "sale" for if they don't. It keeps things simple, since you don't need to defend yourself, and the next person doesn't have to explain why they agree or not. Then add your own thing to be bought or sold.

So let's start this off as simple as possible:

The Stormfather has given the "talk" to Syl because she caught sight and refused to drop the subject.

Chuckling while I sell.

Turns out the ghostbloods' many machinations are really just an attempt to corner the Cosmere market for Instant Noodles, using Roshar as their base. No wonder Hoid is willing to watch Roshar burn to achieve his objectives...

Edited by hoiditthroughthegrapevine
typo, like usual

1 hour ago, hoiditthroughthegrapevine said:

Turns out the ghostbloods' many machinations are really just an attempt to corner the Cosmere market for Instant Noodles, using Roshar as their base. No wonder Hoid is willing to watch Roshar burn to achieve his objectives...

Why not. Buy. 

The Diagram is better constructed than even smart T can comprehend, and is working not only to place T as an inside man to double cross Odium, but to take up the Shard himself after the fact. 

1 minute ago, Calderis said:

The Diagram is better constructed than even smart T can comprehend, and is working not only to place T as an inside man to double cross Odium, but to take up the Shard himself after the fact.

I thought Odium had cornered the Futures market, but buy, buy, buy.

It turns out Herdazians have gem nails and not gem hearts, they can bond lesser spren in their nails. The Alethi are very jealous.

37 minutes ago, Alderant said:

Sell.

The Recreance originally occurred because too many Radiants realized that Honor was only giving them 1-ply to wipe themselves. 

Buy. I mean, why not? It makes about as much sense as anything else we've seen yet in canon. :P

*ahem*

The Adolin/Shallan/Kaladin love triangle isn't over yet. Soon, Adolin and Kaladin will admit the truth of their deep, romantic feelings for each other. The tearful confessions that result will lead to a realization that, in fact, all three of each other are woefully in love with each other, and finally the entire thing will resolve into a perfect polyamorous triad and all three of them will live happily ever after. (Also, there's a scene where Adolin and Kaladin interlace their fingers together around Shallan's safehand, but that's far too naughty to recount in detail here.)

6 minutes ago, Kaymyth said:

Buy. I mean, why not? It makes about as much sense as anything else we've seen yet in canon. :P

*ahem*

The Adolin/Shallan/Kaladin love triangle isn't over yet. Soon, Adolin and Kaladin will admit the truth of their deep, romantic feelings for each other. The tearful confessions that result will lead to a realization that, in fact, all three of each other are woefully in love with each other, and finally the entire thing will resolve into a perfect polyamorous triad and all three of them will live happily ever after. (Also, there's a scene where Adolin and Kaladin interlace their fingers together around Shallan's safehand, but that's far too naughty to recount in detail here.)

Sell...for a lot of money to the right buyer...

It turns out Cultivation's god metal is chull dung, who would of thunk it?

Edited by hoiditthroughthegrapevine

4 minutes ago, Nathrangking said:

Sell. Brandon is an evil genius , but I don't know that he is that ingenious.

Nightblood is going to try have the talk with Szeth!

Sell. Somebody would have to have The Talk with Nightblood first, and you know Vasher didn't do it.

More Stormlight shipping: Syl and Pattern will marry to heal the rift between Honorspren and Cryptics, forging an alliance of kingdoms that will stand the test of time. And...and...um...that's all. Yep. Just that. There's not a single other thought I had about that.

I will not make inapprorpiate jokes on the forum.
I will not make inapprorpiate jokes on the forum....

5 minutes ago, Kaymyth said:

Sell. Somebody would have to have The Talk with Nightblood first, and you know Vasher didn't do it.

More Stormlight shipping: Syl and Pattern will marry to heal the rift between Honorspren and Cryptics, forging an alliance of kingdoms that will stand the test of time. And...and...um...that's all. Yep. Just that. There's not a single other thought I had about that.

I will not make inapprorpiate jokes on the forum....

Knowing them it's crazy enough to work. I buy a hundred shares.

Adolin's tailor is secretly Adonalsium's avatar.

Edited by Nathrangking

11 minutes ago, Nathrangking said:

Knowing them it's crazy enough to work. I buy a hundred shares.

Adolin's tailor is secretly Adonalsium's avatar.

Buy. Why not? Only a god would have such fashion sense.

Sja-anat is actually working for Odium while being deceived into thinking she has free will.

13 minutes ago, The Thinking Herald said:

Buy. Why not? Only a god would have such fashion sense.

Sja-anat is actually working for Odium while being deceived into thinking she has free will.

Short sell that position, I personally would stand to make a lot of money when people realize Sja-anat is actually a double agent and begin selling at a loss.

The Nightwatcher is actually Chemoarish and Cultivation is trying to tame her. This is totally a start up position with high growth potential. Get in on the ground floor of this ridiculously low probability theory and reap the rewards when it turns out to true.

21 minutes ago, hoiditthroughthegrapevine said:

Short sell that position, I personally would stand to make a lot of money when people realize Sja-anat is actually a double agent and begin selling at a loss.

The Nightwatcher is actually Chemoarish and Cultivation is trying to tame her. This is totally a start up position with high growth potential. Get in on the ground floor of this ridiculously low probability theory and reap the rewards when it turns out to true.

Buy. What a deal!

Hoid is actually Brandons self-insertion in the Cosmere.

31 minutes ago, Solant said:

Buy. What a deal!

Hoid is actually Brandons self-insertion in the Cosmere.

I trust Brandon as a Mormon wouldn't condone letting any planets burn, or watch any of them burn without doing anything. So, unfortunately, sell.

Rayse likes the colour gold because it reminds him of the yellowness of the one, the only, Taldain Ramen.

3 hours ago, The Thinking Herald said:

I trust Brandon as a Mormon wouldn't condone letting any planets burn, or watch any of them burn without doing anything. So, unfortunately, sell.

Rayse likes the colour gold because it reminds him of the yellowness of the one, the only, Taldain Ramen.

Buy.

Hoid is perpetuating his grudge against Rayse because of their different tastes in food.

23 minutes ago, LH1407 said:

Buy.

Hoid is perpetuating his grudge against Rayse because of their different tastes in food.

We know from a WoB that Hoid, “like any normal person, likes his ramen.” (Rough paraphrasing). So, sell.

Instead, I’m going to re-put up that Hoid perpetuates his grudge again both Bavadin and Rayse because their end game is to hoard all the ramen of Taldain to themselves, and Hoid simply cannot let that happen.

Buy. It's odd and unique. I like the idea.

The entirety of the Cosmere is founded on the concept of multiverse theory being tied into CERN style research on modern Earth. The shattering is the textual equivalent to the work done at CERN, much like atoms breaking up into ~17 sub particles (shards). 6 types of leptons ( which are not strongly interactive, looking at you Bavadin), 6 quarks (strongly interactive, hi Odium), 4 Bosons ( force particles that carry out the "fundamental interactions of nature", here we have Ruin, cultivation etc.) Having established the source and characteristics of the 16 Shards of Adonalsium/ Atoms, we have one remaining mystery. Hoid is the Higgs, the unknown.

Oh man I'm going to flesh this out into a more robust theory over my weekend and post it for discussion.