More storys from Nalthis?

Remodel

Aloha!

Does anyone know if Brandon have any plans on writing more books about Nalthis? I can't seem to find any topics on this here, or anything on brandonsanderson.com. But I have a vague memory of reading something about it... 

I so want to know more about Vasher and Nightblood!

Thanks!

Yeah, there is a planned sequel for Warbreaker (tentatively named Nightblood) which has been on the radar for quite some time. Brandon stated in the last State of the Sanderson that the plan has been and remains that he'll work on it and the planned Elantris sequels once Mistborn Era 2 is finished.

Elantris and Warbreaker

No change on either one from last year. The plan has always been to look back at Sel and Nalthis once the Wax and Wayne books are done. That’s still my intention.

He hasn't ruled out writing short stories set on Nalthis but so far, he hasn't been able to get any to work.

• 2 weeks later...

Brandon's planning on writing the last Wax and Wayne book the second half of this year, so we could be getting a Nightblood in the next few years, since he probably sold his soul to the devil in exchange for writing speed or something. With how important Warbreaker was to OB, I wouldn't be completely shocked if we got a sequel before SA4. I bet it will have some priority over Elantris sequels, but I still don't expect it sooner than like 2-3 years from now (probably later). 

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/5/2018 at 1:19 PM, mosstheinflatablecow said:

With how important Warbreaker was to OB, I wouldn't be completely shocked if we got a sequel before SA4. I bet it will have some priority over Elantris sequels, but I still don't expect it sooner than like 2-3 years from now

ILuvHats is correct. Elantris 2&3 have priority over Warbreaker 2. The last 3 State of the Sanderson's support this.

2015: Elantris
I do still intend Elantris sequels. Right now, I have them scheduled to be slotted in once Wax and Wayne is done. We’ll take a break from Scadrial at that point, go back to Sel and do some Elantris books, then hop back to the 1980s era Mistborn series.

Warbreaker
While some characters from Nalthis have made appearances in other books, I still don’t have a specific timeframe for when I’ll go back and write the second Warbreaker book. (Titled Nightblood for the time being.)

I know a lot of people really want this book, and I intend to do it, but I have to find time for the Elantris sequels first. So you’re unlikely to see it until Elantris is finished. (Sorry.)

2016: Elantris
The plan is to alternate Stormlight Books with Elantris sequels after I finish Wax and Wayne. Likely I’ll go into Stormlight 4 sometime in 2018, but there’s a chance I do Elantris 2 first. It won’t be written this year—that plate is full of the books mentioned above—but we’re growing ever closer and closer to getting back to Sel.

Warbreaker
No real motion on this one, folks. I’m sorry. We’ll get a second book some time, but don’t hold your breath. The cosmere has a long outline.

2017: Elantris and Warbreaker
No change on either one from last year. The plan has always been to look back at Sel and Nalthis once the Wax and Wayne books are done. That’s still my intention.

There was also a mention(not that I can find it) about Elantris 2&3 having to be done before Mistbron Era 3 too because of "Cosmere reasons."

@The One Who Connects This one, I presume.

Brandon Sanderson

Elantris sequels

The Emperor’s Soul is now two years old, so it is probably time to get back to Sel and do some more there. We should be releasing a trade paperback of Elantris in the next year or two, with revised (and new) maps and a better Ars Arcanum. (Read: an Ars Arcanum.)

The full sequels will need to be finished before I can do the contemporary (1980s tech) Mistborn novels because of behind-the-scenes Cosmere bits, so I will do my best to find a place to squeeze these in. At the very least, I will write them following the end of Stormlight 5. So, these are distant, but not too distant.

source

• Chaos locked this topic