Trell in White Sand Vol.2

Raykoda

im not totally convinced that Trell is Autonomy cause in mist born second era trell seems like he is trying to control everything, but that doesn't really make any sense for autonomy which literally means self-governing, kind of like independence. I might be interpreting that wrong though. But even if I am, I don't think Trell is Autonomy because autonomy has an isolationist policy (which is the reason Khriss can't get back home) and that doesn't work with sort of invading scadrial.

3 minutes ago, Sunbringer said:

im not totally convinced that Trell is Autonomy cause in mist born second era trell seems like he is trying to control everything, but that doesn't really make any sense for autonomy which literally means self-governing, kind of like independence.

Autonomy is a conundrum 

WinespringBrother [PENDING REVIEW]

Given that Shards, and perhaps, Ascended beings, have intents similar to their names.

Brandon Sanderson [PENDING REVIEW]

More that they have names similar to their intents.

So, would Unity be a natural enemy of Autonomy?

Um... Possibly. You say "natural,"

Well, would one eliminate the other one? But more towards Autonomy trying to break up...

To break up Unity. It's so hard to say, because Autonomy is a bit of a strange duck. Like, what counts as being Autonomous? Is absorbing everything and becoming one again Autonomous or not? That's kind of your question that you get into. And the way Autonomy looks at it right now, is no. Autonomy wants to remain Autonomy. Autonomy does not want to be corrupted by anything else. And Autonomy would think the Shards are better on their own. But is this a natural affect, or part of the...? Does that make sense?

Well, but it's also along the lines of, Odium wants to break up the other ones, so they don't...

Odium just wants to be top dog. And your two ways to be top dog are to climb higher, or to lower everyone else. And he's like, we're gonna lower everyone else. Because I know, if I combine, it stops being me, is what his opinion is. I would no longer be the person I am. I would change into someone else. And then that person gets to rule, and I don't want that person to rule. I want to.

source

5 minutes ago, Sunbringer said:

But even if I am, I don't think Trell is Autonomy because autonomy has an isolationist policy (which is the reason Khriss can't get back home) and that doesn't work with sort of invading scadrial.

The isolation has ended. 

Questioner

Nightblood. He just showed up at the end of The Stormlight Archive--

Brandon Sanderson

Yes.

Questioner

--the last one. So, is there a place that's a connection between all of the universes?

Brandon Sanderson

Yes, there is.

Questioner

And it's been reached in The Stormlight Archive?

Brandon Sanderson

Okay, so I'm guessing you don't know about all of this but there are characters from Elantris that are in Mistborn--

Questioner

Yes. Like Hoid.

Brandon Sanderson

--and all of this stuff. I would say one of the things is that Roshar is a little bit easier to get to than some of the others, but it's not that it has been breached there so much as it's a little bit easier to get to.

Questioner

Yes, I'm assuming it has something to do with the Cognitive Realm but then objects going through the Cognitive Realm is kind of tripping me.

Brandon Sanderson

Hehe… *long pause* There are places in the Cognitive Realm that are somewhat nexus-like, like you're talking about. Yes there are places like that. ...So Roshar might actually be the easiest place to get to in the cosmere, like from planet to planet. Sel is probably the hardest, right now. For a long time Taldain was very hard, but not anymore.

source

• Chaos locked this topic