theory for harmoniums feruchemical ability. (and other godmetal stuff too)

kuiinteth of isaana

I was thinking about how larasium grants allomancy when burned, and some people talked about allomantically burning harmonium giving you feruchemy, and I had an idea: when a feruchemist stores his power into harmonium, it drains his feruchemical abilities, i.e. when he stores an attribute some of the attribute doesn't get stored and is essentially lost. unless of course you are storing into harmonium, and then eventually the feruchemist will entirely lose feruchemy. the advantage being that a non-feruchemist could tap it and gain feruchemy... (I know that nicrosil stores investiture, so my theory may be useless here, but I havent read BoM yet). 

on another note: I'm also wondering... if you used a larasium hemalurgic spike, perhaps that could essentially discharge all other spikes in the person?

trellium spikes protect the owner from Harmony seeing it, correct? how is this "stolen" from someone?

13 minutes ago, kuiinteth of isaana said:

(I know that nicrosil stores investiture, so my theory may be useless here, but I havent read BoM yet).

You really need to read Bands of Mourning. What you're suggesting is unnecessary (and quite dangerous, for reasons you'll see when you read the book) because the means of granting someone allomancy or feruchemy have been described to us and harmonium is not required. We don't fully understand the mechanics of it but we do know that much.

on another note: I'm also wondering... if you used a larasium hemalurgic spike, perhaps that could essentially discharge all other spikes in the person?

I'm not sure I understand what you're suggesting here.

trellium spikes protect the owner from Harmony seeing it, correct? how is this "stolen" from someone?

The fact that Harmony can't locate/control Paalm while she's using trellium spikes isn't the power that the spikes themselves grant, it is instead a secondary effect of their being made from the godmetal of another Shard. The spikes themselves are able to steal different powers, given that we see Paalm use them to give herself allomantic and feruchemical abilities.

• Chaos locked this topic