What is your favorite RELATIONSHIP in the Cosmere?!

TheHeadHancho

One that always gets me is Tindwyl and Sazed. I don’t know why I like it so much, it just seems real and believable to me. And of course it fuels all of Sazed’s incredibly beautiful character arc in HoA. Aaaaaand now I’m going to go find a corner and cry about it. (Every storming time.)

5 hours ago, EddyJ said:

One that always gets me is Tindwyl and Sazed. I don’t know why I like it so much, it just seems real and believable to me. And of course it fuels all of Sazed’s incredibly beautiful character arc in HoA. Aaaaaand now I’m going to go find a corner and cry about it. (Every storming time.)

I feel you.  I just finished reading WoA and I cried when Sazed found her body.  It’s just so sad, and my roommates just don’t understand.

Romantic: Either Vin and Elend or Sarene and Raoden. 

Honestly, I loved the Vin/Elend relationship since the quoatation marks BEFORE “Now, here’s the problem with going to refill your cup of wine.”

Sarene and Raoden just had such an epic storyline.

Non-Romantic: Either Wax and Wayne, Breeze and Ham, or Kaladin and Syl

Wax and Wayne... does anything really need to be said? They’re just awesome (I mean, not as awesome as Lift, but still).

Breeze and Ham argue over the smallest things and to me, it’s hilarious. My favorite quote would have to be he following...

The group chuckled, though Breeze just rolled his eyes. “Honestly, I don’t see why I consistently prove to be the target of you people’s humor. Why do you choose the only dignified person in this crew as the butt of your mockery?”

“Because, my dear man,” Ham said, imitating Breeze’s accent, “you are, by far, the best butt we have.”

“Oh, please,” Breeze said as Spook nearly collapsed to the floor with laughter. “This is just getting juvenile. The teenage boy was the only one who found that comment amusing, Hammond.”

“I’m a soldier,” Ham said, raising his cup. “Your witty verbal attacks have no effect on me, for I’m far to dense to understand them.”

Kaladin and Syl... they just work. I don’t ship it romantically, unlike some others, but I feel like Syl would be that one friend who is always there when you need someone. She genuinely looks out for his happiness and safety. And when Syl died in WoR, you could tell that Kaladin was torn apart. They need each other.

(This is before finishing OB so I don’t know how it’s gonna turn out) 

Vin And Elend were absolutely amazing, I just loved how their personalities contradicted and complimented each other. In second, (don’t judge me) I’d have to say Kaladin and Shallan, or Veil and Kaladin. Syl notices how Kaladin needs someone and thinks that Shallan’s the logical choice. As for non romantic, Lift and Wyndle. The funniest relationship ever.

Edit: Just finished. Never mind...

Edited by Apollyon

Vin and Elend, followed closely by Siri and One I'm not sure I can name, due to spoilers.

I can only hope that someday Brandon writes a Cosmere story with a female/female same sex couple for me to relate to as main characters.  He did experiment with it in Stormlight book 3 with the mention of two female soldiers, and two male bridgmen, so here is hoping!

Edited by Ilythyrra

49 minutes ago, Ilythyrra said:

Vin and Elend, followed closely by Siri and One I'm not sure I can name, due to spoilers.

I can only hope that someday Brandon writes a Cosmere story with a female/female same sex couple for me to relate to as main characters.  He did experiment with it in Stormlight book 3 with the mention of two female soldiers, and two male bridgmen, so here is hoping!

I hope so too or bisexual character. I think Sanderson is testing waters in SA with Drehy and in BoM with Ranette. But I still hope that one od the main character to get there like Jasnah or Vivenna.

6 minutes ago, Yvainnie said:

I hope so too or bisexual character. I think Sanderson is testing waters in SA with Drehy and in BoM with Ranette. But I still hope that one od the main character to get there like Jasnah or Vivenna.

I do not think I can find it anymore, But Sanderson did reflect on Shallan from Stormlight archive being bisexual when he was writing her.  he said it was unconcious on his part I think.  Wish I could find the blog again, as I do not actually think it was one of his, but an interview he did at some point for someone elses.  I wish I had never learned that to be honest, and I wish that Stormlight had gone differently because I ship her so much with Jasnah. 

9 minutes ago, Ilythyrra said:

I do not think I can find it anymore, But Sanderson did reflect on Shallan from Stormlight archive being bisexual when he was writing her.  he said it was unconcious on his part I think.  Wish I could find the blog again, as I do not actually think it was one of his, but an interview he did at some point for someone elses.  I wish I had never learned that to be honest, and I wish that Stormlight had gone differently because I ship her so much with Jasnah. 

You are right! I found this thread including WoB on twiter. Awesome! It is true that sometimes when she admires Jasnah it looks like she is physically attracted. I hope that she will explore it and not just settle down with Adolin.

4 minutes ago, Yvainnie said:

You are right! I found this thread including WoB on twiter. Awesome! It is true that sometimes when she admires Jasnah it looks like she is physically attracted. I hope that she will explore it and not just settle down with Adolin.

Fingers crossed.

Lightsong and Llarimar.

But a close second for me is basically the entire Kholin family. Probably particularly Adolin + Renarin, if I had to pick a pair. I love the scene in WoR where Adolin is prepping for that first duel.

Haven't had a chance to read Shadow of Self or Bands of Mourning, yet. But the Wax/Wayne dynamic in Alloy of Law is fun.

Stick and fire.

Nothing like an unrequited relationship that could have been, if only one party had been willing to change, just a little bit.

Realistically, I don't have a favorite relationship.  I think the one that gives me the most feels is Wax and Steris.  Or maybe Dalinar and Navani.  Or maybe Ham and his wife.  The last is no less powerful for happening entirely off screen.  It is a defining part of Ham's character, and everything he does is to provide for and protect his wife and children.  It is small, it is not given much attention, but it is an important bit of light in an otherwise dark world.

Wax and Steris is cool, so is Vin and Elend, and Siri and (is this one a spoiler?)

Sanderson has experimented with two same sex pairings in stormlight archive and I hope he expands on this one day to feature an lgbt protagonist, but only once he feels that he can do it justice. I do not ship shallan with Either kalladin or Adollin.

Siri and Seb are my ultimate couple, but lightsong and blushweiver are my power couple lol...

l also strongly ship Shallon and Kalladin, but ya know... I thought Vin and Kelsier had major chemistry, but I have converted to Vin and Elend...

But, Siri and Susebran forever!! (Of course sazed and tindwyl come in a close second because of the amazing biter-sweet of it all)

Edited by Weedolfin

11 minutes ago, Weedolfin said:

Siri and Seb are my ultimate couple, but lightsong and blushweiver are my power couple lol...

l also strongly ship Shallon and Kalladin, but ya know... I thought Vin and Kelsier had major chemistry, but I have converted to Vin and Elend...

But, Siri and Susebran forever!! (Of course sazed and tindwyl come in a close second because of the amazing biter-sweet of it all)

Poor Lightsong and Blushweaver though! :(  I get so sad everytime! !!!!!!!!! Y u do dis, Brandon! 

Romantic: Steris and Wax, then Sazed and Tindwyl. Non romantic: I really like Lift and Szeth. All their interactions have been hilarious, they're so different, but they play off each other so well. Hope that they team up more in the future

1 hour ago, Atxk said:

I really like Lift and Szeth. All their interactions have been hilarious, they're so different, but they play off each other so well. Hope that they team up more in the future

Agreed. Nightblood fits into the team quite well also.