10 minutes ago, A Joe in the Bush said:

I'm tempted to vote on one of the 1 vote players, but i'd need to read their posts first, and i probably don't have the time to do that. Work is busy. Does anyone have a preference for which 1 banger i vote for?

Livinglegend or Shqueeves probably. I agree that Straw gets lynched early too much, Len and Rand are posting a bunch and I have a mild village read from Droughts big post(although I do find it weird how he's not reading the rules, but that doesn't seem alignment indicative).

I've sent PM's to both livinglegend and Shqueeves, and they have both responded, but livinglegend still has yet to post, and Shqueeves is voting on me.

1 hour ago, MonsterMetroid said:

Roid's head hurt, trying to use word's was not his strong suite, but apparently he needed to point the finger too for several people were pointing at him and whoever got the most fingers dies a death without battle. Roid did not want that. Roid wanted to die in bath of hallandren blood. "Roid think that old man is weakling and might be hallandren, but others more weak and therefore more hallandren"

Roid then pointed his finger to Lopen "Roid will point the finger at him, because he is afraid of death, and begs for the people to remove the finger, but is quick to point the finger at others". Roid smiled, he could use the words if he thought hard.

-----------

Let the Gods of Luck and Chance make the call. :P

I really would like to not die this early, but in this case, I'm not asking you to remove your vote from me, since it's an actual vote rather than a vote because I literally asked for it which is the only reason I asked him to remove it. Normally I'd explain my opinions more to get a player to remove a vote from me, as I'm doing now.

Now that you've voted, I'll remove my vote from you. I'm still slightly suspicious, given you didn't vote until prompted and your vote was a retaliation vote(an easy way out sorta), but I don't think it's worth lynching over. Monster

Because I don't agree with lynching an inactive, Mac. May switch over to Legend or one of the other 2 votes later though.

1 hour ago, Coop772 said:

"Alright, then. Perhaps tomorrow," said Sal, as Jeo made it clear that he did not want to talk. He knew night was near, but wanted to do more. Seeing Gormund all alone, he went to over to the old timer.

@Elenion Thats you

"You look like a smart young fellow," Gormund said, peering at Sal through his monocle, "tell me, what news have you from home? I've been expecting a letter from my nephew, but it hasn't arrived. I really hope that there's another explanation than him just not wanting to write to me."

1 hour ago, MonsterMetroid said:

Roid looked confused, why would gormand say that? "But the captain said he would only kill people starting the second day on if they don't point the finger... so wouldn't not participating the first day be good place for hallandren to hide?" Roid was confused Gormand seemed smarter than Roid but even Roid noticed how those in the corners were avoiding the fingers. "Roid think that if we kill first day it should be those who are cowards, who will only speak when they must, would be good a good first finger point. We don't want cowardly hallendren avoiding notice first day then apologizing for not speaking second" Roid nodded thoughtfully and looked around the room. "Right?"

[I'll have to answer this one out of RP because it uses metagame reasoning.]

Some players in this game are usually more active than others. If a player like Randuir, Lopen, or I was hanging back, that would make me suspicious because it's in all of our playstyles to talk a lot. The players who haven't said much yet are those that usually say less, and so they're hanging back either out of habit or because they just aren't on. If it's out of habit, that's not something alignment-indicative that we should lynch them for, and if they just aren't on then they'll be dying starting tomorrow. So we let the less-actives do their thing, the inactives will die, and we focus on the active players who could be actively directing the lynch onto villagers and away from their teammates.

Updated vote tally:

Arinian(2) Elenion, Droughtbringer
Lopen(2) Shqueeves, Monster
Randuir(2) Straw, Mac
Ecthelion(1) Coop
Monster(1) Devotary
Straw(1) Randuir
Legend(1) Bort
Elenion(1) Brightness
Droughtbringer(1) Ripplegylf
Shqueeves(1) Arinian
Ripple(1) Ecthelion
Mac(1) Lopen
Bort(1) Legend

Not a big fan of the top 3 candidates, if I'm being honest. @Droughtbringer voted on Arinian as a poke vote, meaning he'll likely remove it now that Arinian has voted, and Shqueeves voted on me for my character name, while Ecthelion was voted on for being inactive...ninja'd, fixed the vote tally. It's now an even more interesting 3 way tie. Not a big fan of lynching Rand, considering how active he usually is, but it does shake things up... >> Aaaand I got distracted by discord and stuff, so now I'm finishing this post an hour later. :P Whatever, I'll just post it.

And on the note of staying alive... (to the tune of 'Come Alive' from The Greatest Showman)

You stumble through the days
Keep your head down low
The spies are in the way
Like an axehound in a maze
You don't know who lies
But you guess anyway

'Cause you're just a dead man walking
Thinking that's your only option
But you can push the lynch and survive until the next day
Sun is up and the kill is blinding
Take their word and redefine it
Leave behind your narrow mind
You want to win the game

Stay alive, stay alive
Go and fight your fight
Let 'em burn so bright
Flames go up
To the sky
It's not cut and dried
You are terrified

When the world becomes a murder spree
And there's more than you could ever see
Though you're watching with your eyes wide open
Still you prod and pinch and poke again
For the village that you're living in
'Cause you're watching with your eyes wide open
So, stay alive!

It is a bit more generic SE than specific to this game, but all the commentary on staying alive prompted me to come up with this. :)

Well, I was working on the same thing Lopen was and now I'm just going to throw it off again. That was really funny that Bort had already voted for me when I voted for him. I promise it was just a coincidence. I'll send Roid back to the Gods of Chance. That means we have a tie among Arinian, Lopen, Randuir, and Monster. Of those four I have the most village read of Lopen and the most elim read of Randuir. Unfortunately I don't have good reasons for either, so I am happy to let chance decide fate.

Alas, I just got a new job and I won't have time to RP like I wanted to. I'll have to bring Lucky back for another game. Sorry, Joe. I started probably five or six posts during the pregame to join in, but something always came up. I will, however, still make time to post and will analyze as much as I can.

I think lynching Randuir is a bad idea. Although I could see him being an elim, he hasn't done anything that I read as elim-like. Even if he was elim, that would be pretty rough to be lynched D1 for nothing. Plus, if we mislynch him, we've just killed one of our best assets.

35 minutes ago, TheMightyLopen said:

Not a big fan of the top 3 candidates, if I'm being honest. @Droughtbringer voted on Arinian as a poke vote, meaning he'll likely remove it now that Arinian has voted, and Shqueeves voted on me for my character name, while Ecthelion was voted on for being inactive...ninja'd, fixed the vote tally. It's now an even more interesting 3 way tie. Not a big fan of lynching Rand, considering how active he usually is, but it does shake things up... >> Aaaand I got distracted by discord and stuff, so now I'm finishing this post an hour later. :P Whatever, I'll just post it.

At the time the Arinian vote was the best I could come up with, but you're probably right in that it's time to remove it. Arinian

With the Arinian lynch down to 1 vote, the current lynches at 2 are Lopen and Rand. I've already said why I don't want to lynch Rand, and the same logic kinda defends Lopen as well. I'm not liking all of these votes coming down on our most experienced players for little or no reasoning, so I'm going to counter that by moving my vote to one of Straw, Mac, Shqueeves, and Monster. Straw is out because he's lynched D1 too much. Mac is an option. So is Monster. Shqueeves is probably out for me because the only vote on him is Arin's for no reason. Monster had analysis behind his vote, so that inclines me to vote on Mac.

Edit: just saw livinglegend's vote on Monster, putting him at 2, tied with Lopen and Rand. I'm not going to join the bandwagon (just yet at least), but that's now a viable lynch.

Edited by Elenion

I'm considering switching my vote back to Monster as well, mostly out of self preservation, but also because I think I suspect him a little more than Mac. Reason being votes on inactives probably draw more attention than a completely random vote, which makes it less ideal for Mac to do that as an eliminator. I'll hold off on switching just yet though, since a 4 way tie is interesting.

Roid was getting tired they have been doing the finger pointing nearly all night long and though the fingers have changed their targets Roid was still being accused. He wasn't sure what else to say besides he would rather exist as lifeless than to live a Hallandren... maybe he should say that. "Roid choose lifeless over Hallandren". Hmm that sounded better in his head.

Roid did get a general feeling that Lopen wasn't a Hallendren spy and this early on Feeling is all he could base off of. "Roid think Lopen is less weak than some, and Hallandren are weakest of weak". Roid though about pointing his finger to living but he seemed distracted by the events of the day and did not seem to be voting out of malice. "Roid keep eye on you @livinglegend"

Roid looked at the other people with votes. Rand didn't seem overly suspicious, Mac... well Roid thought he might be broke in the head but not necessarily Hallendren.

Roid looked at @Devotary of Spontaneity, the other person pointing finger at him. "You said that Roid suspicious cause no finger point, you have done much watching but not much talking, why Devotary vote Roid now?" as roid raised his finger to his accuser.

@Elenion since from your comment I'm guessing you didn't notice but Living actually voted for me so I have two votes on me right now already :)

current vote tally: (let me know if i missed something)

Arinian(1) Droughtbringer
Lopen(1) Shqueeves
Randuir(2) Straw, Mac
Ecthelion(1) Coop
Monster(2) Devotary, Legend
Straw(1) Randuir
Legend(1) Bort
Elenion(1) Brightness
Droughtbringer(1) Ripplegylf
Shqueeves(1) Arinian
Ripple(1) Ecthelion
Mac(2) Lopen, Elenion
Devotary(1) Monster

1 minute ago, MonsterMetroid said:

Elenion since from your comment I'm guessing you didn't notice but Living actually voted for me so I have two votes on me right now already :)

I saw that right after I posted and edited it in. I guess I wasn't fast enough.

Right now I'm feeling semi-well, so I'm going to go to bed early and hopefully that helps. This means I won't be on for turnover.

19 minutes ago, MonsterMetroid said:

"You said that Roid suspicious cause no finger point, you have done much watching but not much talking, why Devotary vote Roid now?" as roid raised his finger to his accuser.

My reason for voting on Roid is gone, so Monster. As far as I can tell, everyone has been voted on at least once except for Bort, so I'll fix that now. 

Well things are getting down to the wire on this cycle and I dont have time to do RP justice. I hate day one lynchs because there are so many unknowns especially for the village. The one thing that makes me nervous is there are only two people with two votes now according to my claculation which means one well placed vote manip could guarantee a kill on whihcever one the elims could prefer. Right now it looks like it is going to be me Devotary and Ripplegylf on for the turn over so I will place my vote on Ripple for several reasons.

First they are on so they can respond and defend themselves quickly

Two it makes the lynch less manipulable to the exact desire the elims want

and lastly because I find that at least one elim usually watches roll over to make sure things are going smoothly and devotary is safely out of my reach with just my vote anyways which just leaves Ripple.

Are these crappy reasons yes... I agree they are but I don't like the feeling I'm getting right now so there is that.

Edit: Joe in the bush just got on too for posterities record :P

Edited by MonsterMetroid

cycle2_2.jpg

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings
And never breathe a word about your loss

Round and 'round the soldiers went. Throw, tally, repeat. The game of craps was in full swing and the camp was bustling with activity. The snow had not let up, and the lifeless were still out there somewhere, but circled around a crackling fire indoors, it was easy enough to forget these things.

As alchohol began to flow, so too did money. Jeo the Yellow was pleased to see his prediction come true. "Who'll be in on this round?" he asked.

"I nominate Mac!" Vaati shouted, grabbing Mac's hand and putting it in the air.

"Fine," said Mac, a half-eaten cookie dropping from his mouth and finding it's way to the table, where it was joined by a second cookie. "I bet one-an-a-half cookies. No money," he explained. The players amassed nodded in approval. Most of them, anyways.

"Gambling in illicit substances??" Jaaver exclaimed, striding into the gambling ring, his face still muddy. "That is ILLEGAL! The long arm of Idrian justice shall apprehend you, crook!"

Mac looked up at Jaaver quizzically, then glanced away, his eyes darting restlessly back to the cookies on the table.

"Give me those!" Jaaver exclaimed. "I am hereby confiscating this as evi-"

"You want them so bad, how 'bout you play me for them?" Mac said, snatching the cookies off the table. The crowd seemed to bunch behind Mac protectively, and Jaaver took one step back from them.

"Fine!" He growled. "I'll play your little game, and then I'm taking these to the Marshall." He dropped his wallet on the table, generating a satisfying thud.

Mac threw. "Four and a five."

Jaaver threw. "Double six."

"This match goes to Mac," Jeo said, presiding over the affairs.

"What?!" Jaaver exclaimed, livid. "Ridiculous! I demand a rematch."

Mac raised an eyebrow. "Are you raising the stakes?"

Jaaver scowled, then removed his hat and coat and threw them upon the table next to the wallet. Mac quietly stacked six more cookies next to the original pile.

"The new bet is accepted," said Jeo. "Would anybody else like to join?"

"ROID NOMINATE SARCOLINE!" a hulking fellow bellowed, shoving a frightened looking player to the table and throwing their wallet on the table.

Jeo nodded. "Very well then. That leaves us with one spare pair of dice, so I nominate Eilen."

Everyone nodded, and the game continued.

"Six and five," from Mac.

"Three and three," from Sarcoline.

"Three and two," from Eilen.

"One and two," Jaaver growled. "Colors curse this game! Enough of this charade! GIVE ME THOSE!" he screamed.

Mac stood in front of his cookies protectively. Hard to imagine life without his cookies. "No! Play for them or leave."

"Fine!!" he roared. "I raise the stakes! I don't care by what, one of you choose."

A collective muttering swept across the amassed players as they deliberated.

"Life and death," a voice interjected, calmly, decisevely from the crowd.

"If there's a traitor, somebody's gotta get the axe sooner or later."

The game went dead silent. The players looked around, trying to discern the source of the suggestion. And yet the idea stuck in their minds. It made a horrible kind of sense. The Marshall had said he expected them to turn in the traitor, sooner than later. And the lots were such a fitting way to decide it, too.

Wordlessly, the four picked up their dice, staring across the table at each other. One by one, they threw.

"Double four," from Mac.

"Three and four," from Sarcoline.

"One and five," from Eilen.

Jaaver only stood silently, staring down at his lot. Snake eyes. After a long delay, he looked up.

"Well," he stated, toneless, "I am nothing if not a man of my word... Finish this."

Hope the writeup came out alright. Things were a little in flux right before rollover but I hope I can be on top of things more the next cycle.

Fun story. The bit about Randuir losing at dice three times in a row is rooted in fact. I had to re-roll the lynch outcome thrice in response to last-minute voting that changed the contenders, and Randuir came up every single time.

Vote Tally

MacThorstenson (2)- Elenion, TheMightyLopen
Randuir (2)- Straw, MacThorstenson
RippleGylf (2)- Ecthelion, MonsterMetroid
Arinian (2)- Droughtbringer, A Joe in the Bush
Straw (1)- Randuir
MonsterMetroid (1)- Livinglegend
TheMightyLopen (1)- Shqueeves
Livinglegend (1)- Bort
Elenion (1)- BrightnessRadiant
Bort (1)- Devotary of Spontaneity
Ecthelion (1)- Coop772
Droughtbringer (1)- RippleGylf
Shqueeves (1)- Arinian

Randuir has been lynched!

Identity of the deceased:

SE_Idrian_Loyalist_small.png

captain_small.png

Also, friendly reminder that there is now an epidemic spreading throughout the camp! Failure to cast a vote from this point on will result in death by plague!

That said, you all had full voter turnout on the one cycle that did not require you to vote, so you should probably be fine. :)

Player List

1. A Joe in the Bush
2. Elenion
3. Randuir Idrian Captain
4. Livinglegend
5. Shqueeves
6. Bort
7. BrightnessRadiant
8. Straw
9. TheMightyLopen
10. MacThorstenson
11. Devotary of Spontaneity
12. Ecthelion
13. Coop772
14. MonsterMetroid
15. Droughtbringer
16. RippleGylf
17. Arinian

Rollover

gre_1519974000.png

Alright, let me run through what just happened at the end of Day 1.

Throughout Day 1, I had just been skimming the thread, focusing on RP, rather than the game, since i was busy with work, school, and LG42. When it got to about 15 minutes before rollover, i was 15 minutes from the end of work, and i was sitting around in case my boss needed something, so i decided to sit in the thread, since i hadn’t voted yet.

At about 2 minutes before rollover, Monster Metroid posted a vote on Rippleglyf, and I panicked. I found it very unlikely for a villager to be doing a last minute hammer, so i scrolled up to find a vote count to see who i could vote for, but there was none on page 4, so i went to page 3. It took me to the top, and i scrolled down until i found one. It was Lopen’s. In my haste, i didn’t think to check if his was updated.

Lopen’s very outdated votecount said that Randuir, Lopen, and Arinian were the only players with 2 votes. Ripple and Monster each had 1, so i thought that monster was trying to increase the odds of whichever of the three of them were elim, surviving. I didn’t know which of them was the eliminator, so i decided that we could most afford to lose Arinian if he was a villager, so i tossed a vote on him to ensure his death, protecting Ripple, and hopefully killing the Elim that i assumed Monster was protecting.

Then Rollover happened, and Monster PM’d me, asking me what the heck i was doing, and i explained, and he told me i had used the wrong vote count, and i realized that what he had done made complete sense from a villager. So oops? Glad he didn't get lynched?

Less glad that Randuir got lynched. Also slightly confused as too how? Was he not online to cancel a vote?

Also, Drake, that is an amazing writeup. I'm glad we gave you such good material.

That is unfortunate. I was going to move my vote somewhere else probably, but after I posted that last time a little more than an hour before rollover, I completely blanked until about 15 minutes past rollover. At least Rand can still help from the grave! Assuming we've got a village Awakener at least.

From what I can tell, both Monster and Joe look more village than eliminator from those last minute votes(if you believe Joe's explanation, which I think I do). Only way I see what they did as suspect is if Mac is an eliminator, which I kind of doubt(would draw too much attention to both Mac and whoever tried to save him, in this case one of Monster or Joe, and that would risk being outed if Mac was the unlucky victim of the lynch). That's my read of the situation at least.

Also, it's awesome that everyone voted! :o Let's make sure to keep that going(or else you'll die :P). In that line of thought, Shqueeves. You voted on me for my character name, and didn't get involved in voting after that, even once your vote on me got me tied for the lynch. Does that mean you wanted to actually lynch me?

10 minutes ago, TheMightyLopen said:

Also, it's awesome that everyone voted! :o Let's make sure to keep that going(or else you'll die :P). In that line of thought, Shqueeves. You voted on me for my character name, and didn't get involved in voting after that, even once your vote on me got me tied for the lynch. Does that mean you wanted to actually lynch me?

Nah, it was more that I didn't really care who ended up dying. I'm going to go reread parts of D1 because I didn't pay enough attention

5 hours ago, A Joe in the Bush said:

Less glad that Randuir got lynched. Also slightly confused as too how? Was he not online to cancel a vote?

"Roid assume that if man save own life, he thinks that we kill him next day. And if he claim in self defense then Cowardly Hallndren kill instead." Roid looks around confused "Roid wonder where Lifeless are, did hallandren decide no kill noone or did lifeless try to take dead rand, and get confused by death?"

@RippleGylf "Roid sorry that he point at you at very end, Roid thought rand might die from not luck from Hallendren silktongue changing someones vote and Roid liked Rand."

------

Let me know if roids sentences are a bit too thick to understand. But I am interested that there didnt seem to be an elim kill last night and maybe it is for the reasons people laid out last cycle with the game meta theorizing.

Gone to meetings throughout the day today but I will try to check in at lunch

Darn, here we mislynched Rand C1, and I probably could have stopped it had I not gone to bed early. At least I'm feeling somewhat better. <_<

40 minutes ago, TheMightyLopen said:

From what I can tell, both Monster and Joe look more village than eliminator from those last minute votes(if you believe Joe's explanation, which I think I do). Only way I see what they did as suspect is if Mac is an eliminator, which I kind of doubt(would draw too much attention to both Mac and whoever tried to save him, in this case one of Monster or Joe, and that would risk being outed if Mac was the unlucky victim of the lynch). That's my read of the situation at least.

While I think Monster and Joe are village, I'm not getting any particular read on Mac. Village!Monster and Village!Joe wouldn't have had any info on Mac's alignment, so they could just have easily saved an elim as a villager. Mac for the suspicious vote on Rand.

It also looks like the elims didn't put in a kill, because this is a QF and so we should have seen an elim kill by now. Either that or the elim kill was blocked, but both Rand and I noted C1 that the elims might choose to purposefully not send in a C1 kill. That said, if any Awakeners roleblocked anyone last night, please contact your best village read in PMs and tell them to post into the thread that an anonymous Awakener had blocked X last night. This way we'll get a shortlist of players who might have been putting the elim kill in, without having to reveal any roles to become elim targets.

Sorry, Arinian. Didn't end up removing my vote, I completely forgot about how short cycles are in QF... (Apparently only a day this game, who woulda thunk? Don't recall reading that in the rules :P )

Well, thoughts: Getting Rand lynched for the elims seems like an amazing play, but I feel like most elim teams wouldn't try to hit such a prominent player D1, as it would put some suspicion on them fairly early. So I don't think Straw and Mac are elims, but it could be worth looking at again.

I also don't think that we should be leaving the lynch up to the gods of luck and chance each day, cause it could cause us to lose a vote due to elim vote manipulation, and we might lose a useful villager who is helping us.

Now, on to reads,

1. A Joe in the Bush Has seemed fairly useful, and seemed genuinely concerned for the village at the end of the last cycle. Slight Village Read
2. Elenion Has also been useful to the village, and been pointing out possible elim ploys, encouraging activity, and being useful. Slight Village Read
3. Randuir Idrian Captain Had some really useful posts, but has yet to post this cycle. I'm thinking that he is conspiring with the elims! Major Elim Read
4. Livinglegend Been fairly quiet, and did a random poke vote. Hasn't contributed much to the discussion, but also apparently got a new job. Congrats on the new job! Very Slight Village Read
5. Shqueeves - "didn't really care who ended up dying." Hasn't done much, and the previous quote seems almost like an attempt to distance himself from the lynch. Slight Elim Read
6. Bort - Hasn't said anything yet, this cycle in thread, and was fairly quiet last cycle. Recently posted (30 min before I typed this part of the post) on another part of the shard. Did a poke vote, and hasn't said much. Very Slight Elim Read
7. BrightnessRadiant - Has had less activity than her normal, but has not been active on the SE discord either, and has said that she is busy. Don't blame her too much. Neutral Read
8. Straw - Voted on Rand, only really done poke votes, and hasn't contributed much else. Very Slight Elim Read
9. TheMightyLopen - Done lots of vote counts, and participated tons in the thread. Very useful. Slight Village Read
10. MacThorstenson - Has been active, but hasn't contributed too much to actual discussion, maybe trying to appear active while staying under the radar? Slight Elim Read
11. Devotary of Spontaneity - Hasn't been too active, but done vote counts, so decently useful. Mainly used fairly random voting Day 1, but didn't we all? Very Slight Village Read
12. Ecthelion - Hasn't been that active, and posted RP mainly. But, from what I remember of past games doesn't seem out of character for Ecth, Very Slight Village Read
13. Coop772 - Lots of talking, with fairly little actual content, but seems fairly what I recall of playing with Coop, Very slight Village Read
14. MonsterMetroid - Lots of RP, but has been fun to read. Would like more discussoin from you, but, RP is good too, Very Slight Village Read
15. Droughtbringer - Obviously the most Eliminator like player on this list, Very Very Major Elim Read :P
16. RippleGylf - Again not too much, but seems to be fairly genuine in the tone of his posts. Very Slight Village Read
17. Arinian - Two posts, sounded fairly sarcastic in defense of himself, which put a slightly bad read on him. Slight Elim Read

Hopefully this list of reads will help, I didn't spend too much time on it so please correct me if anything I said about you was long, and I'll update my list accordingly.

My elim reads, so far have been
Slight Elim Reads: Shqueeves, Mac, and Arinian
Very Slight Elim Reads: Bort, and Straw

I still feel bad for not removing my vote on Arinian, and I think that MacThorestenson has a slightly higher chance of being an Elim than Straw, so that's where I'll place my vote for now.