5 hours ago, BrightnessRadiant said:

Signing up as Ivy...I've not read this so not sure I'll rp xD

That works better than. There are lots of Idrians who are ignorant of the Warbreaker Magic system.

Jeo sighed, as the soldiers in front of him turned away. Not the gambling types then. But there were a few other satellite fires. Smaller than the main ome, bit no less important. Shu had his own fire, but appeared to be busy. He'd check him out in a bit.

There were a couple of soldiers sitting near a small fire past him though. If he recalled correctly, the man's name was Lucky. If Lucky wasn't a gambler, he'd force the man to change his name. And who was the other? Ivory maybe?

Eh, hopefully Lucky would introduce her. Jeo bounced the dice in the cup, making them clatter around so that people couldn't accuse him of sneaking around, and made his way towards the pair.

They both looked up as he approached. He cast two dice in front of them, and crouched down to read them. A 5 and a 6. "Well look at that. An 11 is a win." He grinned up at them. "Either of you two want to play a hand of craps?"

@livinglegend @BrightnessRadiant

I'll be commander Jaaver of the Idrian military police. Once a degenerate Awakwener, always a degenerate Awakener, I say!

Also, the mechanic I'm most interested in is the fact that some people can contact the dead-doc. This means that killing someone only takes their vote out of the game, and not their analysis and knowledge, which can be very useful.

58 minutes ago, Droughtbringer said:

I'll sign up so long as I can play without reading the rules  :P

Feel free not to read the rules. My intent is for this to be a simple game.

The one nonstandard thing you need to know is that you'll die if you don't vote every cycle (with the exception of cycle 1). I suppose technically I have broken your condition though, so let me know if you still want in :D

Edited by Drake Marshall

Sign me up
I'm Salthis, a survival expert who used to live alone. I was minding my own business and was forced into the army, so don't think I'm happy to be here

On 2/24/2018 at 2:58 AM, randuir said:

This means that killing someone only takes their vote out of the game, and not their analysis and knowledge, which can be very useful.

As I understand it, that is only if you don't kill the awakener(s). Just saying

Salthis was unhappy. Even beyond the fact that he had been forced to join the army when he wasn't bothering anyone, but now this no-colors weather was forcing him to sit near others. "This is not what I was forced to sign up for," he thought to himself. Then he noticed that the guy with the dice he kept shaking had found a smaller fire. Seeing that it had less people, he decided to see what was up

1 hour ago, Coop772 said:

Salthis was unhappy. Even beyond the fact that he had been forced to join the army when he wasn't bothering anyone, but now this no-colors weather was forcing him to sit near others. "This is not what I was forced to sign up for," he thought to himself. Then he noticed that the guy with the dice he kept shaking had found a smaller fire. Seeing that it had less people, he decided to see what was up

Lucky and Ivy shooed Jeo away, so he sighed, and sat in the opposite end of their fire. Most of the other fires had already rebuffed him, so there wouldn't be any gambling tonight. He pulled his pack of his back, and fished out a few chunks of wood he had gathered on their march. They were all roughly dice shaped, though most wouldn't be weighed correctly. But he might be able to make them into rigged dice.

His carving was interrupted by someone approaching his log. He glanced up at the soldier. "Yes?"

10 minutes ago, Drake Marshall said:

I look forward to running this game. I would be perfectly happy to run it at our current player count. However, I also anticipate being quite unable to make rollover on Monday.

In light of that fact, if it is acceptable to everyone, I would like to extend signups by 3 days.

I will be happy to wait. More RP partners!

A large, hulking fellow stomped closer to the fire, chomping down on something crunchy he held in his hand. He was festooned with weapons, swords, knives, axes, spears, and maces, all hanging about his person. About the only thing all of the weapons had in common was that each one of them had spikes, in one form or another.

The other notable thing about the "gentleman" was his face. It looked like it had personally tested the effectiveness of each and every one of the weapons he carried.

As he sat down, he spared a glare for the others sat around the fire, and continued eating.

More time for sign ups is fine with me.

8 hours ago, A Joe in the Bush said:

Lucky and Ivy shooed Jeo away, so he sighed, and sat in the opposite end of their fire. Most of the other fires had already rebuffed him, so there wouldn't be any gambling tonight. He pulled his pack of his back, and fished out a few chunks of wood he had gathered on their march. They were all roughly dice shaped, though most wouldn't be weighed correctly. But he might be able to make them into rigged dice.

His carving was interrupted by someone approaching his log. He glanced up at the soldier. "Yes?"

As soon as Salthis arrived at the campfire, he noticed two things. One, the other people at this fire had turned Leo down, and two, there was something not quite right about the dice Leo was making. "Y'know, when I lived on my own in the woods, I had a lot of wood to work with in my down time, so I got pretty good at carving. Maybe it's just me, but there seems to be something not quite right with those dice. What're you doing?"

Gormund eased himself up to the fire as well, although not as hastily as those younger-looking fellows. What was it with that one's face? As Gormund sat down, his knees popped loudly, but they did not buckle. That was a good start: Gormund had never been cut out to be a soldier, especially not at his age now, and he had half been afraid that the first day at camp would kill him with exertion.

"There seems to be something not quite right with those dice. What're you doing?" someone was saying.

Gormund peered at the dice, pulling out a monocle to get a better look. He couldn't make out anything unusual about them, but then again he couldn't make out much anything these days.

Gormund grunted, then interjected, "I don't see anything wrong with them."

8 minutes ago, Elenion said:

Gormund eased himself up to the fire as well, although not as hastily as those younger-looking fellows. What was it with that one's face? As Gormund sat down, his knees popped loudly, but they did not buckle. That was a good start: Gormund had never been cut out to be a soldier, especially not at his age now, and he had half been afraid that the first day at camp would kill him with exertion.

"There seems to be something not quite right with those dice. What're you doing?" someone was saying.

Gormund peered at the dice, pulling out a monocle to get a better look. He couldn't make out anything unusual about them, but then again he couldn't make out much anything these days.

"With your age, I'm suprised you can see anything. How'd you even get here?"

4 hours ago, Coop772 said:

More time for sign ups is fine with me.

As soon as Salthis arrived at the campfire, he noticed two things. One, the other people at this fire had turned Leo down, and two, there was something not quite right about the dice Leo was making. "Y'know, when I lived on my own in the woods, I had a lot of wood to work with in my down time, so I got pretty good at carving. Maybe it's just me, but there seems to be something not quite right with those dice. What're you doing?"

2 hours ago, Elenion said:

2 hours ago, Coop772 said:

"With your age, I'm suprised you can see anything. How'd you even get here?"

"Oh there are plenty of things wrong with these dice." Jeo tossed a few of them out onto the ground to demonstrate. 4 of them showed a blank, 1 broke in half, and one had maybe 3 sides facing upward.

"They're not finished is what is wrong with them. Plus i'm not that good at carving dice. I'm still practicing, see?" He reached into his coat, and pulled out the ceramic cup where he kept his six real dice. "Now these babies, these are high quality, fair dice. I bought them in Hallandren."

He smiled at the gentlemen. "You two want to play a game?"

"No, I never play dice. Lady Luck and I don't get along."

"I'm not even entirely sure why I'm here. One day I'm living a cozy life of retirement as the last of my family--as I said, Lady Luck is no friend of mine leaving me all alone--and the next day here's a notice that I'm now an enlisted man. I'm not even young enough to enlist, so there must have been some mistake. But the Captain wouldn't take no for an answer, said everything was in order and whatnot, so here I am."

Jeo grinned, and upturned his cup, letting the dice spill out. Four 3's, a 2, and a 5. Weird roll. "Luck is no lady sir. Ladies are people. Luck is a force." He scooped up the 6 dice again, and shook them in the cup. "If I roll 30 or higher total, I'll buy you a drink at the next town." He rolled the dice. They settled on the dirt, and showed a 2, two 5's, and three 6's. "Look at that. I'm a worshipper of Luck, and you don't get along with her. And she chose to favor you."

He gathered his dice and smirked upward. "It's almost as if Luck doens't exist. Only chance and an uncaring world. So, want to pass a couple of minutes by pretending otherwise? Just a no stakes game to keep us smiling in a cold night."

"I think we'll get along just fine," Salthis said to Gormund. "As for the idea of Luck, I have survived in the woods my whole life without Luck, and I'm not interested in starting now. A no stakes game, on the other hand, is something I would play. If you're in?"