1 minute ago, BrightnessRadiant said:

Then why did one of you apologize?

Drought felt bad lying to the dead doc about his role. He claimed to be returned, and has since claimed to be a regular awakener. 

Just now, Shqueeves said:

He claimed returned functioned like Worldhoppers in AG4

Oh okay...not sure how those worked but if they aren't the same as Awakener then yeah I see your point. Also, Drought didn't read the rules for a while so I could see him not knowing what to actually call an Awakener if he wasn't one for real although an elim teammate would help him with that to avoid lying. But then, if Drought has doc access this cycle then how did he have it last cycle too if he was planning on setting Shqueeves up then he'd have to be sure that he was getting doc access this cycle right? Didn't someone claim that one person had to have a role that only allowed them access to the doc sporadically? Maybe they just made that up and only talked in the doc sporadically while blocking people's actions or they were busy irl. They could both just be regular Awakeners but one is an elim.

Not sure if my rambling makes sense but I'm trying to wrap my head around this and find the flaw and who could be lying.

Just now, BrightnessRadiant said:

Oh okay...not sure how those worked but if they aren't the same as Awakener then yeah I see your point. Also, Drought didn't read the rules for a while so I could see him not knowing what to actually call an Awakener if he wasn't one for real although an elim teammate would help him with that to avoid lying. But then, if Drought has doc access this cycle then how did he have it last cycle too if he was planning on setting Shqueeves up then he'd have to be sure that he was getting doc access this cycle right? Didn't someone claim that one person had to have a role that only allowed them access to the doc sporadically? Maybe they just made that up and only talked in the doc sporadically while blocking people's actions or they were busy irl. They could both just be regular Awakeners but one is an elim.

In the dead doc, drought claimed that his role functioned like a Worldhopper. He had only gotten on C3 and C5, then once Len discovered his identity, he admitted to only being an awakener. 

3 minutes ago, Shqueeves said:

In the dead doc, drought claimed that his role functioned like a Worldhopper. He had only gotten on C3 and C5, then once Len discovered his identity, he admitted to only being an awakener. 

Mkay and he's claiming that you're the one who did that, correct? And Monster claims that you wouldn't have probably known about that game mechanic from the AG since you weren't in the doc when they discussed it.

My theory is that Drought came up with this plan to get the village Awakener killed and knew that if he pushed for it this cycle that there was a good chance that the elims could win this cycle if they finally used their faction kill as well. I'd say that would probably put the team of elims at 3 and they've been playing it very safe until now and decided this was the cycle to push for the win. Drought 

We know that Lopen was suspicious of Drought because Drought actually told us. (I'd give points for honesty, but in this position an elim needs to mix truth with their lies to sound believable and also gain trust.) Also, Shqueeves seems to me like a villager who's desperately trying to prove themselves while Drought seems calmer then he did from previous accusations and looks like he was expecting this to happen as planned. This is my theory and how it looks to me anyways and I will try and read through more, but for now, this is my vote out of the 50/50 situation I see.

Well, that's a writeup done, title art will come later. Got to go for now.

EDIT: Title art is good to go too. Note to self: Try to do some of these ahead of time. The graphics are pretty simple but still.

Also the countdown site is up and running again.

Edited by Drake Marshall

The vote has really swung towards Drought in the last few hours. Shqueeves and Drought appear to be making the exact same accusations against each other, merely substituting one name for the other. I do see a couple of points in Shqueeves's favor. As BR pointed out, while Worldhopper was not a secret role in the AG, from the signup thread: 

Worldhoppers: Each Worldhopper will have the use of one random Radiant’s powers each night, with a higher likelihood of receiving use of a power which they have not yet had.

, it is more likely that Drought would claim to be such a role, given that he played for the entirety of AG4. 

10 hours ago, Droughtbringer said:

After we take Shqueeves out we should have enough information to get a good read on the rest of everyone else, as the elims are likely to defend him. If Shqueeves is Elim, like we know him to be, then we lynch Ripple next, and Devotary after that.

If we take Shqueeves out and he somehow does not turn elim, then we need to lynch Ripple next.

A few villagers might defend Shqueeves, because they are skeptical, so we need to be careful who we decide to lynch. To find elims we should look at who has not voted on him much, and who also defends him from accusations. At this point, the elims might not defend him, and just count him as an acceptable loss.

Here Drought appears to be saying that the lynch on Shqueeves would provide information on everyone else's alignment, and then immediately suggests we discount that information in favor of lynching Drought's suggested targets. This reads like Drought already knows everyone's alignment, for which the main explanation is that he's an elim.

7 hours ago, Droughtbringer said:

I couldn't actually find why it said to lynch you without an Elim!Shqueeves, so I probably just ended up saying it in my rush to get the post up before Shqueeves could take the same info and twist it to use it against me.

Your first post this cycle was eight hours after rollover, enough time for you to gather additional information from the dead. If you truly believed Shqueeves wasn't a consistent Awakener, I don't think you would have felt the need to post first at all costs. 

Points against Shqueeves

4 hours ago, Shqueeves said:

Drought felt bad lying to the dead doc about his role. He claimed to be returned, and has since claimed to be a regular awakener.

While I don't know much about Drought as a person, feeling so bad about lying to villagers that he's willing to confess is an unusual trait for elims. Combined with this

8 hours ago, Shqueeves said:

The proof has to be something from this game, unfortunately

shortly after a suggested way for Drought to prove he had consistent access to the dead doc, seemed like you were trying to prevent us using the dead doc to tell which one of you is lying. Since Drought later stated that you do in fact have doc access this cycle, this point is a lot less pertinent.

Overall, I think it's more likely that Drought is our elim.

Vote Count:

Drought(6): Shqueeves, Ripple, Arinian, Brightness, Monster, Devotary
Shqueeves(1): Drought

Not yet voted: @Ecthelion III and @A Joe in the Bush

1 hour ago, MonsterMetroid said:

Welp Squeeves has been helpful and shared some things from the document including something that lopen has said which makes me want to vote for Drought prepare for RP later :)

And the stuff I shared wasn't? 

5 hours ago, BrightnessRadiant said:

Mkay and he's claiming that you're the one who did that, correct? And Monster claims that you wouldn't have probably known about that game mechanic from the AG since you weren't in the doc when they discussed it.

My theory is that Drought came up with this plan to get the village Awakener killed and knew that if he pushed for it this cycle that there was a good chance that the elims could win this cycle if they finally used their faction kill as well. I'd say that would probably put the team of elims at 3 and they've been playing it very safe until now and decided this was the cycle to push for the win. Drought 

We know that Lopen was suspicious of Drought because Drought actually told us. (I'd give points for honesty, but in this position an elim needs to mix truth with their lies to sound believable and also gain trust.) Also, Shqueeves seems to me like a villager who's desperately trying to prove themselves while Drought seems calmer then he did from previous accusations and looks like he was expecting this to happen as planned. This is my theory and how it looks to me anyways and I will try and read through more, but for now, this is my vote out of the 50/50 situation I see.

I'm calm because I had already prepared for Shqueeves to start to counter me as a last ditch effort. I spent time planning this out to try and give us the best chance of getting rid of an Elim as possible. 

And Shqueeves would have known about the Worldhopper, as it was in the base game rules. Beyond that, anyone who played in the AG who is also on his team would have been able to just tell him what to call it, and it would have worked out.

1 hour ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

Your first post this cycle was eight hours after rollover, enough time for you to gather additional information from the dead. If you truly believed Shqueeves wasn't a consistent Awakener, I don't think you would have felt the need to post first at all costs. 

I had no idea how closely to the Worldhopper Shqueeves role actually was (supposed) to be. As it was possible for the Worldhopper to get the same role twice.

Beyond that, the link to the dead doc never changed, and Drake could have made the ruling that he could watch the doc just not say anything. It was not worth taking the risk.

Here Drought appears to be saying that the lynch on Shqueeves would provide information on everyone else's alignment, and then immediately suggests we discount that information in favor of lynching Drought's suggested targets. This reads like Drought already knows everyone's alignment, for which the main explanation is that he's an elim.

This was my (apparently poor) summary of what I was being told in the Dead doc. Sorry for not being good enough. 

it is more likely that Drought would claim to be such a role, given that he played for the entirety of AG4. 

Again, all that it takes is for one person to be familiar with one role in any of the AGs, as the Mistborn role in prior ones functioned exactly the same. It dates back to LG1 this sight, it's not like it's something new. 

I just... I'm sorry I didn't speak for the dead well enough, guys. Guess I'll see you all during the post game stuff, tommorow, if our guesses are right. I just wish I could have done more for you. 

Goodnight everyone, and may the odds be ever in the Village favour. :P

I don't feel good about this. There's not enough opposition to the Drought lynch. Either the elims have given up on keeping him alive, or we've made a huge mistake. It's too late now to reverse the Drought lynch if we wanted to, but let's hope the game doesn't end tonight if he flips village.

Roid waited patiently while he watched Shu(squeeves) and Zaffer(Drought) go talk to the recent additions of the lifeless horde outside. In his hand he clutched the handwritten message from lopen with names of the unit on it in a pattern. If this worked then it could give him the clue he need on who to trust. After several hours Shu was the first to return. Shu looked around discretly and whispered in his ear "Vaati says don't trust the person in position __________ on your sheet, he is a Hallandren" Roid nodded his head and said "Thank Shu". Roid looked to see who was at that position on his sheet but he still waited to see what Zaffer would find.

Roid waited for several more hours it was starting to get cold and he was considering going back inside when he saw Zaffer finally approach. Roid asked him "Anything from Lopen or others about Roid Plan?" to which Zaffer replied that there was No word  and shuffled off.

Roid looked down at his sheet again... the person in the position SHu indicated was none other than Zaffer so either SHu is the luckiest guesser alive, or things were starting to make sense to Roid. "Roid know who to do the pointing at now" as he walked inside.

Edited by MonsterMetroid
added parenthesis

A bit late, but Shqueeves. He just returned my code form Coop to me, and Coop indicated that Droughtbringer was telling the truth. I asked Shqueeves to ask Coop what Emoji i last used. He was to tell Coop to lie if Drought was lying, and tell the truth if he was not. Coop told the truth.

If anyone is online, Drought is not the eliminator

Edited by A Joe in the Bush

cycle7_1.jpg

But if there is serious injury, you are to take life for life,

eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot,

burn for burn, wound for wound, bruise for bruise.

An eye for an eye, as the saying went, was not enough.

For Zaffer, double agent, Scarf-stealer, liar, deciever, monster, even, did not play to get even.

He played to get ahead.

There were rules, yes, but they were created by something lesser than him, something that was mortal.

The sound of a hundred footsteps marching in unison pounded towards Zaffer, the sound of death.

He raced across the rooftops, casting off the cloak that had covered his true form, not a litteral cloak, but a mental one. 

He grew larger, his muscles becoming more defined, the slight limp to his step disappearing, and he returned to what he truly was, a Returned. A God. 

He leaped with the strength of 10 men, his legs now pulsing with the energy of life. The footsteps began to fade, but it would not be long before they caught back up.

He quickly whipped out a rope, his target underneath him. And gave the simple command, "Entangle."

He entered an old warehouse, it was out of the way, but it was where is true work went on, eight figures stood there silently, each the modified form of those that had destroyed by the hatred of their brothers and sisters.

The last one was ready, and he quickly spoke to it, 

Awaken to my Breath, serve my needs, live at my Command and at my word. Technicolor Scarf.

As he gave the newest, and last, lifeless the new Security Phrase, he draped the scarf that he stole earlier across its shoulders, a slight glint still registering somewhere in his brain.

He went down the line saying each security phrase, one after another, each decorated with a beautiful work of art, that seemed to contain more than just beauty,  but souls.

Now that they were all ready, Zaffer spoke a final command.  "Destroy  Shu." And the Lifeless left. 

The pounding of footsteps slowly returned, drawing closer to him, and he flung his 'cloak' back on him, his form returning to that of a cripple, his leg flaring with pain.

The steps were closer now, closing in on him, but Zaffer was content, not only would Shu be killed, but the only source of information along with him.

A pounding echoed on his door, that was followed with the sharp sound of cracking wood. 

Zaffer kept his eyes clothes, and could feel the sting as a blade but into his eye.

Shu had been walking, having talked his way our of death, convincing those that he was good. That was when the Rope fell.

It entangled him, tying his arms together in tight knots, dropping him where he stood.

He moved slowly, the Rope seeming to loosen, and slowly worked his way out. His left hand was free, quickly followed by his right, his legs following after.

He got to his feet, and saw someone he knew standing at the end of the road.

"You wouldn't believe what just happened to me!" He exclaimed "Lucky, I-" he cut off as he realized that Lucky was dead, yet was somehow standing in front of him.

Lifeless he thought, slowly backing away. Lucky advanced on him, and he turned to run, only to slam right into Vaati, knocking him to the ground. 

After orienting himself, he looked up only to be surrounded by dead faces, each adorned with some odd trinket.

He looked at each face, Gormund, Jaaver, Straw,  Mac, Salthis, along with Vaati and Lucky from before. 

Their hands began to decend towards him, and he let out a single scream as his eye was ripped from his socket. 

The guards in the area quickly rushed towards the sound of the scream, and found was used to be a body surrounded by Lifeless. 

They took out their weapons, and began to chop the Lifeless apart, hoping to stop anything like this from happening to anyone else.

As the Scarf hit the ground, the deal was done. An eye for an eye, and more.

This writeup has been brought to you by: @Droughtbringer! Go upvote them.

Vote Tally

Drought (7)- Shqueeves, Brightness, Devotary, Monster, Ripple, Arinian, Ecthelion
Shqueeves (2)- Drought, Joe

Drought has been lynched!

Identity of the deceased:

SE_Idrian_Loyalist_small.pngawakener2_small.png

Shqueeves has been murdered!

Identity of the deceased:

SE_Idrian_Loyalist_small.pngawakener2_small.png

Player List

1. A Joe in the Bush as Jeo the Yellow
2. Elenion as Gormund Oscarson Idrian
3. Randuir as commander Jaaver Idrian Captain
4. Livinglegend as Lucky Idrian Sentry
5. Shqueeves as Shu Idrian Awakener
6. Bort as Bort the Brute Idrian Captain
7. BrightnessRadiant as Ivy
8. Straw as Straw Idrian
9. TheMightyLopen as Vaati Idrian
10. MacThorstenson as Mac Idrian
11. Devotary of Spontaneity as Fahmexa
12. Ecthelion as Eärendil
13. Coop772 as Salthis Idrian
14. MonsterMetroid as Roid
15. Droughtbringer as Zaffer Hallandren Awakener
16. RippleGylf as Sarcoline
17. Arinian as Elien

Rollover

red_1520406000.png

Well I was right from start of game! My gut was right! And no one believed me! Now you guys can apologies, I allow you :P

Also looks like I was right about Joe. Looks like my theory that in 70% when I'm villager Joe is elim is almost right. Of course he can be some kind of suicide role... but mehh... who cares.

Eyyyyy yes! 

Also, I gave my list of reads to Monster last cycle and I read back through the whole game, studying it carefully off and on for about 6 hours throughout the day so I was pretty positive the Drought lynch was gonna be right. And the other people I suspected were and are still Devotary and Joe. 

Looks like Joe was the only one to vote on Drought's side and he even messaged me that he had confirmation that Drought was good last cycle at the end. @A Joe in the Bush How did your message work exactly? Did you explain your plan to the person you asked to ask Coop? Or just ask them for the last emoji because obviously if you asked Drought and told him the plan then he could just lie and switch the emoji. I don't see how you would've done it secretly with Coop unless you were also an Awakaner so it seems to me like just a ploy to save Drought. Joe

One of the only reasons I suspected you at first was because almost every player but you and Devotary had a good reason for me to mark them off my suspicion list in connection to Drought. 

But you were hard. You've kept yourself so well distanced that I kept second guessing myself. I'm pretty sure that you're an elim tho. You mentioned on a pretty early cycle that you thought the elim team could have 3 players and even that it might include Drought and you in an if situation. You even mentioned the elims possibly holding back a kill for trolliness and who's the biggest troll I know who I think fooled me with posts like that for the whole game almost. xD 

Every time you've voted it's been a good spot for an elim to vote:

Cycle 2

MacThorstenson (2)- Elenion, TheMightyLopen
Randuir (2)- Straw, MacThorstenson
RippleGylf (2)- Ecthelion, MonsterMetroid
Arinian (2)- Droughtbringer, A Joe in the Bush
Straw (1)- Randuir
MonsterMetroid (1)- Livinglegend
TheMightyLopen (1)- Shqueeves
Livinglegend (1)- Bort
Elenion (1)- BrightnessRadiant
Bort (1)- Devotary of Spontaneity
Ecthelion (1)- Coop772
Droughtbringer (1)- RippleGylf
Shqueeves (1)- Arinian

Voted Arinian with Drought early on so I definitely would cross Arinian off my suspects list.

Cycle 3

Straw (4)- Joe, Elenion, Shqueeves, Mac
Devotary (3)- Livinglegend, Lopen, Monster
Shqueeves (2)- Brightness, Devotary, Coop
Mac (2)- Straw, Ripple
Ripple (1)- Bort
Elenion (1)- Ecthelion
Arinian (1)- Drought
Drought (1)- Arinian

Voted Straw for voting Rand which he could have just taken advantage of the situation to frame Straw.

Cycle 4

Mac (3)- Elenion, Monster, Arinian
Arinian (3)- Shqueeves, Mac, Ripple
Elenion (3)- Bort, Joe, Lopen
Shqueeves (2)- Brightness, Drought
Bort (1)- Livinglegend
Joe (1)- Devotary
Brightness (1)- Ecthelion
Drought (0)- Coop

Voted Elenion and claimed he never thought he was in danger of a lynch which is why he voted him, but with his vote he actually gave a reason for suspicion so backtracking here. 

Cycle 5

Lopen (2)- Bort, Ecthelion, Arinian
Arinian (2)- Joe, Coop
Ecthelion (1)- Shqueeves
Legend (1)- Lopen
Ripple (1)- Devotary
Mac (1)- Monster
Brightness (1)- Drought
Drought (1)- Ripple
Monster (1)- Brightness

Again votes Arinian.

And ofc cycle 6 votes to save Drought.

As for Devotary there was a lot of distancing going on if they're an elim, but I still say they fit as an elim. I'll be back later to give my analysis on them.

Please vote everyone. We have the same number of elims to village this cycle because we lost one of each. Thank goodness everyone voted last cycle so we didn't lost any villagers to the filter. At this point the elims finally dared to use their kill and also our dead contacts are most likely just that now...dead to us. Let's finish this.

But... we have 7 people left. Are you going on the assumption that there were originally 4 elims? Because I'm leaning more towards 3 original elims. With Drought dead, there are only 2 or 3 left, and Joe seems like a solid elim at this point. But yes, the point still stands: please, please vote.

8 hours ago, RippleGylf said:

Ey, we got the right one! And Joe, what was up with that last minute vote?

I explained in my vote why. Shqueeves and i set up a way to determine if Drought was lying or not. I had him contact the dead doc, and ask Coop "What was the last Emoji Joe used in his PM with you? If Drought is telling the truth, tell the truth. If Drought is lying, lie." Later, Coop answered, and answered honestly. I took that to mean, as per the system i had set up, that Drought was telling the truth. I have no idea why Coop said the right thing. Maybe Shqueeves didn't give him the full message.

8 hours ago, Arinian said:

Well I was right from start of game! My gut was right! And no one believed me! Now you guys can apologies, I allow you :P

Also looks like I was right about Joe. Looks like my theory that in 70% when I'm villager Joe is elim is almost right. Of course he can be some kind of suicide role... but mehh... who cares.

Umm, I care? Presumably we all do? I don't see how lynching a suicide role (Which I explicitly am not) helps us in any way. If we want to win, we need to keep lynching Eliminators. There are 7 players left, at least 4 of us have to be villagers, or the game would be over.

1. A Joe in the Bush as Jeo the Yellow
  2. BrightnessRadiant as Ivy
  3. Devotary of Spontaneity as Fahmexa
  4. Ecthelion as 
    Eärendil
  5. MonsterMetroid as Roid
  6. RippleGylf
     as Sarcoline
  7. Arinian as Elien
2 hours ago, BrightnessRadiant said:

You even mentioned the elims possibly holding back a kill for trolliness and who's the biggest troll I know who I think fooled me with posts like that for the whole game almost

I am a troll. A huge one, but so is Droughtbringer, the only confirmed eliminator there is in this game.

Voted Elenion and claimed he never thought he was in danger of a lynch which is why he voted him, but with his vote he actually gave a reason for suspicion so backtracking here. 

How is that backtracking? I saw suspicious of Elenion, so i voted on him. At the time, he didn't have the most votes, and i didn't know that there were others suspicious of him. So i did not think he would get lynched, but then he did. I'm not happy he was lynched, but i don't regret it. It got rid of a player i was suspicious of, which allowed me to focus on other players.

And ofc cycle 6 votes to save Drought.

Yes, because voting in the last 10 minutes of the cycle, when literally all but 1 other player voted on Drought, will definitely save him. [/s] I did not vote to save Drought, i voted to kill Shqueeves, because i had been told by Coop that Drought was being honest.

We have the same number of elims to village this cycle because we lost one of each. Thank goodness everyone voted last cycle so we didn't lost any villagers to the filter. At this point the elims finally dared to use their kill and also our dead contacts are most likely just that now...dead to us. Let's finish this.

Ripple's right, we have an odd number of players, so we can't have an even number of village and elims, unless you buy Arinian's theory.

I'll figure out who i suspect after the LG42 Writeup.