@RippleGylf

Len focused mostly on this quote 

While I'm still not convinced of Mac's innocence, I'll admit I probably focused on one aspect of his post a bit too much last cycle. I'll vote on Shqueeves right now, mainly due to having some suspicion of him before in addition to the vote cancellation we got this cycle. Either Shqueeves is a captain or Shqueeves is an eliminator, and that's a stronger lead than anything else I have right now.”

And the false dichotomy within it, and how it was used to focus on on Shqueeves and day he has to be one of the other, not both. 

Len points out that this was probably used as a distancing technique, as someone would call you out on it (which no one ended up doing) or you could point it out yourself, while distancing yourself from Elim!Shqueeves, and not having to worry about having a vote you can't retract.

I couldn't actually find why it said to lynch you without an Elim!Shqueeves, so I probably just ended up saying it in my rush to get the post up before Shqueeves could take the same info and twist it to use it against me.

Sorry about that.

Ok I just finished rereading cycle 5 there was a couple of things that stood out to me but the main one was the voting:

11 hours ago, Drake Marshall said:

Coop (4)- Joe, Brightness, Devotary, Drought
Drought (2)- Shqueeves, Coop
Arinian (1)- Ecthelion
Brightness (1)- Monster
Joe (1)- Ripple
Ecthelion (1)- Arinian

This game is pretty interesting because it forces you to vote and so you don't have to back up your votes as strongly initially, The problem is that leads to a bit of lack of accountability on votes and backing them up.

So @A Joe in the Bush, @BrightnessRadiant, @Devotary of Spontaneity, and @Droughtbringer why did you vote for coop? what was your reasons for suspecting him as an elim? Was it really because mac didn't have a special role?

I stated suspicion of Coop because I've seen more than one new player, including myself, strongly defend a villager from a lynch because they knew for sure they were village and wanted to look good in helping the village or if the player did get lynched then they can say they were right and you should have listened. Being an elim you sometimes forget to act suspicious of villagers because you already know their roles and I was afraid that's what Coop was doing. It had less to do with the fact that Mac was roleless and more about Coop saying he was 90% sure that he was village.

I don't think we can use the dead to confirm at this point because it sounds like whoever is lying has access to the dead doc this cycle and could easily give us any proofs that we request. One thing is for sure then, both Drought and Shqueeves have been in the doc and one or the other has to be an elim. It's just up to us to figure out who's lying and this cycle will most likely be the last considering the elims decided to use this now.

So, I'd suggest everyone who can, taking a good hard look at both players. Unfortunately they were both on my suspicions list. :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, MonsterMetroid said:

@Shqueeves can you give us a detailed summary of the dead doc right now I think getting a summary from both you and Drought would be informative.

Well Rand and I talked about Dungeons and Dragons for a bit, (and talked about what the best edition is), talked about some confirmation stuff, and got word from Mods that something that Len had me do, we couldn't do according to the rules. (We wondered if we could, so that is why my first post has redacted stuff in it now)

Then Rand left, (to go play D&D) and I put down some thoughts.

After that Lopen showed up, just recently actually, and gave out his reads. So far he said he had a bad gut read on me, but thought that my posts canceled that out. He suspects Shqueeves, and thinks that we can not both be elims, (unless some sever bussing is going on) so we should lynch Shqueeves.

He also points out that Arinian and I are either both villagers or one of us is an elim, but probably not both, due to our first set of posts going back and forth.

Lopen has village reads on :Drought(me), Monster, and Joe.
Elim reads on: Arinian, Shqueeves, and Devotary

And everyone else is fairly neutral for him, with a slight village lean on BR, due to getting villager-y vibes from her.

31 minutes ago, MonsterMetroid said:

Ok I just finished rereading cycle 5 there was a couple of things that stood out to me but the main one was the voting:

This game is pretty interesting because it forces you to vote and so you don't have to back up your votes as strongly initially, The problem is that leads to a bit of lack of accountability on votes and backing them up.

So @A Joe in the Bush, @BrightnessRadiant, @Devotary of Spontaneity, and @Droughtbringer why did you vote for coop? what was your reasons for suspecting him as an elim? Was it really because mac didn't have a special role?

I didn't like the way that he was tunneling in on me, and on one post of mine. So I put a vote there, in response and also because focusing on one thing and blowing it up seemed fairly elim-y to me.

@BrightnessRadiantactually Devotary came up with a great idea on how we can communicate with the dead :D @TheMightyLopen you had a significant PM empire with multiple villagers. You can post a word count to the dead doc to point to who you think the elims are for instance a word count of 21 and I would look at the 21 word in my PM with you or better yet might be column and row numbers.

The liar couldnt fudge with those numbers without making it seem like possible nonsense and outing him and we are pretty sure one of them is villager so do that :)

Just now, MonsterMetroid said:

why did you vote for coop? what was your reasons for suspecting him as an elim? Was it really because mac didn't have a special role?

I gave most of my reasoning last cycle, but mostly it was that I had thought that the double removal of Coop's vote meant that either Coop and a village captain had been in contact, or that the captain had reason to suspect Coop. When Coop said that he didn't in fact know who the captain was, it made me think the latter option was more likely. I also found his closing statements where he said he would come up with analysis next cycle if we let him live one more cycle to be suspicious, because of the necromancy mechanic of the game means that he could share his ideas after his death.

I'd like to prove conclusively that both Shqueeves and Drought currently have access to the dead doc, because while Shqueeves has retracted his assertion that Drought is a Returned, Drought is still claiming that Shqueeves is a Returned without access to the dead doc. Since Lopen is currently here and he established a wide PM network while still alive, I propose that Lopen post a list of words for both Shqueeves and Drought to post in thread. These words would ideally be unguessable and come from PMs that Lopen has sent to currently living players that he believes are villagers. When Shqueeves and Drought post their list along with the associated player, in the form Player-PM#-Word Number-Word, the players would then confirm the word. As long as at least at least one of the players on the list is a villager, this should be able to confirm whether Shqueeves and/or Drought has access to the dead doc this cycle. What do people think of this plan, especially @TheMightyLopen, @Shqueeves, and @Droughtbringer? 

EDIT: Looks like Monster posted the plan before I could. This should either prove that Shquevees or Drought is guilty, or confirm that both players have access to the dead doc and thus any information from the dead is suspect until the evil one is killed.

Edited by Devotary of Spontaneity
Ninja'd

3 minutes ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

I gave most of my reasoning last cycle, but mostly it was that I had thought that the double removal of Coop's vote meant that either Coop and a village captain had been in contact, or that the captain had reason to suspect Coop. When Coop said that he didn't in fact know who the captain was, it made me think the latter option was more likely. I also found his closing statements where he said he would come up with analysis next cycle if we let him live one more cycle to be suspicious, because of the necromancy mechanic of the game means that he could share his ideas after his death.

I'd like to prove conclusively that both Shqueeves and Drought currently have access to the dead doc, because while Shqueeves has retracted his assertion that Drought is a Returned, Drought is still claiming that Shqueeves is a Returned without access to the dead doc. Since Lopen is currently here and he established a wide PM network while still alive, I propose that Lopen post a list of words for both Shqueeves and Drought to post in thread. These words would ideally be unguessable and come from PMs that Lopen has sent to currently living players that he believes are villagers. When Shqueeves and Drought post their list along with the associated player, in the form Player-PM#-Word Number-Word, the players would then confirm the word. As long as at least at least one of the players on the list is a villager, this should be able to confirm whether Shqueeves and/or Drought has access to the dead doc this cycle. What do people think of this plan, especially @TheMightyLopen, @Shqueeves, and @Droughtbringer?

I still have yet to receive word on if Shqueeves can view the doc, but not talk in it, or if he just literally can't view it. (The URL has not changed, so it is plausible that he is still allowed to view it as a Returned). So it will let us know if, at the very least, that we can view the doc, but it probably won't mean anything more than that.

Just now, Droughtbringer said:

So it will let us know if, at the very least, that we can view the doc, but it probably won't mean anything more than that.

Even if that's all it does, we'll at least know that trying to decide which one of you is the real Awakener is useless and allow us to move on to more conventional analysis.

Just now, BrightnessRadiant said:

I thought Shqueeves said that Drought did have doc access this cycle?

^ right here?

Drought and I both have access. I've had it all game, drought has been sporadic with his access

2 minutes ago, Shqueeves said:

Drought and I both have access. I've had it all game, drought has been sporadic with his access

Then why @Droughtbringer did you say you don't know if Shqueeves has access this cycle? Can't he just type something rn and prove it? 

Edit: oh gosh never mind xD

Edited by BrightnessRadiant

6 minutes ago, BrightnessRadiant said:

Then why @Droughtbringer did you say you don't know if Shqueeves has access this cycle? Can't he just type something rn and prove it? 

Edit: oh gosh never mind xD

He just typed his first thing (which proves that he has access), asking for ways to confirm he is innocent.

So why did you create a fake role at all, @Shqueeves

Just now, Droughtbringer said:

He just typed his first thing (which proves that he has access), asking for ways to confirm he is innocent.

The first thing I posted this cycle (which was hours ago) was that I was in calc, and you're the one who made a fake role. You even admitted to feeling bad about it

4 minutes ago, Droughtbringer said:

A fake role seems kinda obvious...to avoid an elim seeing who the awakener is right? Drought, didn't you do the same thing?

Edit: wait wait...I thought you both didn't know each other's identities until this past cycle?

Edited by BrightnessRadiant

Roid didn't know what to feel "Shu and Zaffer have been talking to those things?" Roid said as he gestured to the lifeless line outside. "That make both Hallandren right? Marshall was looking for people that talked to Lifeless, and they both say they do so we kill both right?" Roid was disappointed to look at Marshall Amaranth and see him shaking his head in the negative. "Really? Roid confused why not" Roid said dejectedly, he so sure he figured something out. Roids face brightened up a bit later though "Can we have Shu and Zaffer talk to @TheMightyLopen? maybe he can point to name on Roids piece of paper of who the lifeless think commands them?" 

---------

but yeah if lopen, @randuir @Elenion or any of the other dead if you have PM's with people with names on them then write down a word count or row and column number referencing the PM's with your person that way teh awakeners can't edit out your key without it not making sense

For instance Lopen sent me a PM with all of his reads so if he tells me teh row and column he is referencing then I will get the message :)