There's Another Secret Project

Wandersail

7 minutes ago, Kiiyashi said:

All that does is fire up the imagination.  What could he possibly be working on?  And is it a stand alone or the start of another series?

Brandon!  Why must you torture us so???

2 minutes ago, Alvron said:

All that does is fire up the imagination.  What could he possibly be working on?  And is it a stand alone or the start of another series?

Brandon!  Why must you torture us so???

Well, he said it's a novella which means it's probably not the start of another series.  The problem is that he said it's not something he's talked about before, which eliminates almost everything we've brought up so far. 

Wait... I figured it out, Brandon's twitter profile picture is currently of a Mistborn llama... could we be getting a novella about a Mistborn llama!? :P

It's funny how some are disappointed that this isn't Cosmere meaning we'll get nothing there this year. In a way White Sand 2 is our 'new' Cosmere so we aren't exactly lacking, just getting a light year similar to 2013 which only had Silence.

Anyway I'm excited to see what this non-Cosmere story is since it's refreshing to get away from the Cosmere now and then.

13 hours ago, Draginon said:

It's funny how some are disappointed that this isn't Cosmere meaning we'll get nothing there this year. In a way White Sand 2 is our 'new' Cosmere so we aren't exactly lacking, just getting a light year similar to 2013 which only had Silence.

Anyway I'm excited to see what this non-Cosmere story is since it's refreshing to get away from the Cosmere now and then.

Well, it doesn't help that a lot of us have already read the manuscript of White Sand. So while there are changes and new stuff in the comic, it kinda takes the suspense out of it. 

What I find interesting about his post is that he used the phrase "I need to write". It's not something he wants to do or an idea he's been messing around with, it's something he needs to write. 

My idea is that it's connected to Skyward. We know Skyward is connected to one of his non-Cosmere stories, likely Defending Elysium, Firstborn, or (maybe) Perfect State based on the setting and premise. However, any of those novellas likely exist at a different time period from the events of the trilogy, probably before them. This novella could be a sequel to whichever novella is in the Skyworld(?), bridging the gap between the events of the stories. 

5 hours ago, Glamdring804 said:

Well, it doesn't help that a lot of us have already read the manuscript of White Sand. So while there are changes and new stuff in the comic, it kinda takes the suspense out of it. 

That's why I said "in a way" since not everyone has read the prose so it's new to some people.

On 2/20/2018 at 11:17 AM, Pagerunner said:

Brandon's been commenting on WoT subreddits recently. Is it a hint that he's working on a secret WoT story? No clue is too minor to not blow out of proportion!

I just want to point out that this is the only theory in this thread that still holds up post blog post. A new Wheel of Time novella wouldn't be Cosmere related, and it wouldn't be something Brandon has talked about before.

That of course doesn't mean it's likely to happen—but it would technically fit! :D

Edited by Wowfunhappy

Unless it was part of an unfulfilled contract, I don't see how since everyone said this is the end. Also, unless some found more notes or something a hypothetical WOT novella would be all Brandon, no saint RJ and therefore the zealot fans will go nuts. Maybe it's a Rithmatist novella to give us a rithmatist adventure and reintroduce the world in preparation for Azlantion, considering the first one came out a while ago. Rithmatist also isn't that far from Cosmere, does anyone know what he didn't set it somewhere else so it could be?

• 4 weeks later...

Secret Project has gotta be a Magic: The Gathering story. They kicked off the lore for their latest expansion today:

Starting this week with the first episode of "Return to Dominaria," we will be delivering fiction to you from well-known fantasy authors who have worked closely with our narrative team to bring our planes and Planeswalkers to life.

• Chaos locked this topic