Anyone here kickstart the Reckoners board game?

MonsterMetroid

I just kickstarted the project on the epic tier and I'm not gonna lie I'm super excited for this game! Anyone else kickstart today?

Here is the link to the page if you don't know what I'm talking about

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/nauvoogames/the-reckoners?ref=nav_search&result=project&term=reckon

1 hour ago, podman36 said:

It looks awesome, but I don't think I want to spend $70 (or more) on that.

I hear you. I mean, I personally am already happy to spring for the deluxe version (I ended up spending IIRC ~$180 on Mistborn House War what with the deluxe version, the penny gems, and the expansion), but for Reckoners I wish that they had toned down the components of the base version a bit to make it more affordable. I feel like if they could have brought it down to a ~$50 price point then we would see much higher sales for the game. 

That being said, from a gamer’s perspective I can understand why they decided to go for the best quality components right out of the gate. It definitely has an impact on the enjoyability of the game. I’m just not sure it was the best decision from a business standpoint. 

On 2/14/2018 at 10:37 AM, podman36 said:

It looks awesome, but I don't think I want to spend $70 (or more) on that.

Same. I do think they could've toned down the quality to make it more affordable, but I think the game might have suffered and I'm glad they have it where it is. Except that I will not be kickstarting it for that price.

On 2/13/2018 at 0:53 PM, MonsterMetroid said:

I just kickstarted the project on the epic tier and I'm not gonna lie I'm super excited for this game! Anyone else kickstart today?

Here is the link to the page if you don't know what I'm talking about

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/nauvoogames/the-reckoners?ref=nav_search&result=project&term=reckon

Yep I'm so pumped for this game and backed it at the epic tier as well!!!  I'm glad to see the Kickstarter is doing very well so far, hopefully we'll get a lot of cool stretch goals unlocked.  I just don't want to have to wait until October to play it :(

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/8/2018 at 1:29 AM, Lanny said:

I am a huge board game buff but this game looked overly complicated. I also love the Reckoner series. To gain traction you need a game that is easy to learn and fun to play. I hope they can make that happen.

Hey Lanny, unfortunately I didn't see this sooner. As the designers have said, the game looks more complicated on the surface than it really is. It's really pretty intuitive how everything works. There is a playthrough video on their kickstarter page so you can get a feel for it. 

Well, the campaign ended and it looks like they hit pretty much every stretch goal they revealed, not to mention exceeding their minimum pledge goal by a factor of four. Now to settle in for the long wait and keep checking the inbox for backer updates between now and October.