"Stormlight makes plants grow"

Interesting tidbit as we all think stormlight is from Honor with its association with the Stormfather. What if stormlight is Cultivation's investiture to the world? The stormlight fuels the planet's life.

"Stormlight makes plants grow"

Interesting tidbit as we all think stormlight is from Honor with its association with the Stormfather. What if stormlight is Cultivation's investiture to the world? The stormlight fuels the planet's life.

I believe that Stormlight is Roshar's expression of Investiture, like Breath on Nalthis or the sands on Taldain or the Dor on Sel. Investiture is part of the "spark of life" as Brandon has phrased it. Without it, no life can exist. There may be more to it on Roshar due to the way Cultivation handles Stormlight, but I'm not sure we can read more into it at this point.

The "These words are accepted" seems to be a pretty common thing that he's been putting in a lot of books he is signing, I'm not sure there is any hidden meaning/context to it.

Yeah, he writes common phrases from the books when you don't request something particular. I got "these words are accepted" in my WoR, "rust + ruin" in my Alloy of Law, and "thanks for reading" in The Gathering Storm. He wrote "bridge 4" in my brother's copy of WoR and he hasn't read a single book from Sanderson yet.

The last couple questions in the DC post are about redstone. I haven't been keeping up recently, what redstone are they talking about?

(Gonna admit it, this is a genuine question but I also wanted to bump this thread back up.)

One of the places from Dalinar's visions, is referred to as Feverstone Keep, which Dalinar notes to have been made of redstone. Something that strikes him as odd for reasons I can't remember.

I might be partially wrong about the details here...

Brandon did this interview.

There's really only question of note:

Could any type of spren bond with a person (even if the results wouldn’t be a Knight radiant)? Or only the ones associated with a branch of the Knights? 

Ooh, that’s an excellent question. This is something theoretically possible for a lesser spren to achieve.

Brandon did this interview.

There's really only question of note:

There's also this that I found interesting:

Bonus Question: Finally, and most importantly, if all your protagonists had an epic all out brawl, who would win?

Some of them are immortal, but that would kind of be cheating. If you let people who are immortal participate, it’s going to very much favor someone like Hoid, who is really, really, really hard to kill. Of course, he would not be very good at offing anyone either, because of certain things in his past. It would be really futile when it got down to the last two. But if we take that out.

It reminded me of Brandon saying everything Hoid says is significant and this quote from WoR:

Shallan stepped backward.

“No need for that,” the man said, settling onto a rock. “You needn’t fear me. I’m terribly ineffective at hurting people. I blame my upbringing.”

I guess Hoid doesn't pack much of a punch. Which is interesting because he's never seemed to be anywhere near a pacifist to me, and with all the different magic he has access to he should be able to do some serious damage.

Being capable of inflicting serious damage is not the same as wanting to, though. I don't find it surprising at all - Hoid seems much more like a collector and a storyteller than a fighter, be it warrior or defender.

The question isn't about wanting to hurt someone though. They ask who'd be the last guy standing if they all fought. That means Hoid would be fighting, but would not be able to inflict much damage on his opponents.

He is at least at the second Heightening, and possibly has an Awakened sword. He is an Allomancer, maybe even Mistborn considering the lerasium bead. He has some kind of access to Feruchemy. Between these abilities, he should be able to do some damage. But he isn't. That's what I find interesting.

Cem / Argent,

I think there's much more to it. When Rock tells his story about the man (who is almost certainly Hoid, given the description and Sigzil's reaction) coming out of the water in the Horneater peaks, he says the following:

“No, of course not. Lunu’anaki cannot hurt man. Is forbidden by other gods. Everyone knows this.”

Sanderson, Brandon (2014-03-04). Words of Radiance (Stormlight Archive, The) (p. 541). Tom Doherty Associates. Kindle Edition. 

Okay got Outis'S DC transcription and recording edits done, and started on Kurikstans.  I'm still fixing formatting issues on the latter, and I'm not sure if I cut the right (non SA/Cosmere) stuff out.  I'll go over it again tomorrow or Wednesday and make sure I got what I was supposed to.  The little "angel" is being a pain this week, so getting stuff put together is difficult :)

When I copied it to my text editor it added a bunch of extra line breaks and stuff.  Nothing that they did, probably something with the way bbcode copies.  I copied what I didn't get to into my first post anyway, so you can see what I mean if you want.  I just have to fix all that junk eventually :)

I was also trying to cut out the non SA/Cosmere stuff and I have the horrible feeling that I cut out something I shouldn't have...

Edited by RShara

Well if you're that afraid you can just copy it all back in. ;)

Also, I find pasting plain text to be best. Most browsers have a "paste as plaintext" option if you right-click, or you could copy it all into notepad first and that will strip the formatting without messing up line breaks.

Yeah I probably will paste it all back in, and re-do it.

I tried it with a plain text.  Her post looks great, I copy it, paste it into my plain text editor and there's all those line breaks and weird spaces.  Firefox, at least, is not giving me the option to copy as plain text.  Oh well, I'll get it straightened out soon enough.

Yeah I probably will paste it all back in, and re-do it.

I tried it with a plain text.  Her post looks great, I copy it, paste it into my plain text editor and there's all those line breaks and weird spaces.  Firefox, at least, is not giving me the option to copy as plain text.  Oh well, I'll get it straightened out soon enough.

Firefox is dying. Most people are having issues with it. Use Google Chrome or Explorer.

You can't recommend that people go from Firefox to IE because of decline in usage - they've both lost about the same number of people, with those people going to Chrome. 

And I find this a poor advice, given the context, anyway. I've had to use Firefox for a few weeks when on 17S because multiple versions of Chrome, installed on multiple computers, would all have something broken; Firefox was rock solid those days. Plus, v29 is very Chrome-like. 

So let's not send people to new browsers unnecessarily.

You can't recommend that people go from Firefox to IE because of decline in usage - they've both lost about the same number of people, with those people going to Chrome. 

And I find this a poor advice, given the context, anyway. I've had to use Firefox for a few weeks when on 17S because multiple versions of Chrome, installed on multiple computers, would all have something broken; Firefox was rock solid those days. Plus, v29 is very Chrome-like. 

So let's not send people to new browsers unnecessarily.

Sorry. I was just speaking from personal experience. But if People are satisfied with Firefox by all means stay with it. 

I've heard IE is actually decent these days. And Chrome has its own share of issues. If you're on a Mac, Safari is the real way to go.

Also, RShara, you could try pasting into a blank plaintext Notepad/TextEdit document. That should get rid of any weird formatting. Then you can just copy the plaintext and paste it in. You could even do the same thing online, via pastebin.