I have a question about one of his answers from the Houston signing. When he was asked about who is the Cosmere aware and knowledgable, he replied that Crys or Chris is by a long shot. I dknt remember this character, who is it? And also will this be pinned? It's super nice!

Edited by christophalies

I have a question about one of his answers from the Houston signing. When he was asked about who is the Cosmere aware and knowledgable, he replied that Crys or Chris is by a long shot. I dknt remember this character, who is it? And also will this be pinned? It's super nice!

Apparently it's an unreleased character. And lots of things should be pinned, but they would take up the whole front page. :P

It's discussed in the Answers from the Houston signing thread:

http://www.17thshard.com/forum/topic/6743-brandons-answers-in-houston-311-signing/?p=109965

And as diamond said, it's a previously unknown character. We didn't even know how to spell it.

And lots of things should be pinned, but they would take up the whole front page. :P

Sure, but the WOR readings thread isn't actuall needed any longer, so maybe some admin could unpin that one and pin this one in its stead... just a suggestion. Because this thread is really great. And should really, really be pinned.

I have information from the Huntington signing. Its word of Brandon. First lift will be a major character in the second grouping of 5 books, books 6-10.He mentioned that he was seeding characters from the first part into the second. Also a new shard not the shard that wants to hide and survive is "not on a planet."

I have the bit about Lift already, but got a look for the new shard bit?

Also edited the top post to have the Q&A's in spoiler tags, by request

I have the bit about Lift already, but got a look for the new shard bit?

Also edited the top post to have the Q&A's in spoiler tags, by request

Thanks, though it was only the Wheel of Time answer I had an issue with. Cosmere stuff is fair game!

oooh, I didn't even think of that lol

Yeah that shouldn't be there at all, since I'm trying to keep this SA specific.  I'll take it out on my next editing run.

Since you're actually collecting everything that's being said, I would suggest keeping it but putting "all book spoilers" or similar in the title.

Q: Is Hoid the most knowledgeable about what's going on in the cosmere?

A: No, Khryss is the most aware by a long shot. Nazh knows a lot as well. Hoid might know more than Nazh but he is pretty in the know as well so it's close.

Who is Khryss? I don't recognize the name and I can't find any info searching here or the Coppermind.

Edited by antwon87

Who is Khryss? I don't recognize the name and I can't find any info searching here or the Coppermind.

Ok this more than anything has got me hyped to know that theres somebody out there who knows more about what's going on then Hoid.

Shinintendo's 2nd question was basically answered. If the Parshendi are not of Honor or Cultivation or Odium, they are very likely to be the indigenous residents of the planet who developed on Roshar without a Shard's intervention. This has a couple of interesting implications, such as Nightblood not being able to rip out their "souls" as is it only takes investiture given by a Shard. It might also be the secret that Mr. T holds, as it could be incredibly disheartening to the knights to learn that humanity is the aggressor here and the Parshendi are stuck in the middle of a war between gods and spren they never wanted or deserved.

We have these to add:

First, I asked if Hoid has been to Braize and he laughed, smiled, and gave me a RAFO.

Second, I asked if a Seon/Skaze could become a Shardblade or something similar. He said it is theoretically possible but it would need something else to bring it more fully into the physical realm.

Last I asked if the comet Spren was a Highspren. He was coy and said it is very important to one of the orders of Knights Radiant. 

Thanks paperstones.