Ivan leaned back, wondering if he'd made the right decision. Of course, nearing the end of this cycle he had to wonder. It took him a moment's hesitation to decide, and he leaned forward changing his vote: Drought.

^Still learning about RPing *shrugs*

1 minute ago, Mafia said:

Ivan leaned back, wondering if he'd made the right decision. Of course, nearing the end of this cycle he had to wonder. It took him a moment's hesitation to decide, and he leaned forward changing his vote: Drought.

^Still learning about RPing *shrugs*

Don't do this!

I'm very much against this. 

22 minutes ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

Well I can't vote for Mage, as much as I'd want to, so I'll vote for Drought instead. A tied lynch helps nobody.

Edit: Ahh, ninja'd by Mage! Oh well. We've already killed No Lynch last cycle, so I feel like it would be better to lynch someone who is still alive.

I can confirm that in my spreadsheet, No Lynch is in fact marked as dead. :P 

*sigh* Give me a few minutes for the writeup. >> Cycle is closed. 

LG42 - Night 2: Misreading

Magus Astrum thought he was about to die. 

“The obligators have found skaa blood in your lineage,” pronounced Locke Tormander. 

“Are you sure?” Magus asked, trying to keep a calm demeanor. “Are you absolutely certain it doesn’t say Boseph Jush Tormander? Our names look so similar, you know. Only a few letters off and all.”

Several eyebrows were raised, but no one said anything. 

Magus grabbed the paper from him. Locke looked indignant, but was too proper to say anything rude. 

“Aha!” Magus proclaimed triumphantly. “Tiny letters, so it’s difficult to make out, but this definitely says Boseph Jush.” He grinned and tossed the paper at the fireplace. 

Auden Heatherlocke caught it. 

Magus winced. 

“It says Magus,” Auden confirmed. 

They all pretended not to see an Inquisitor take him away. (They had to pretend very hard, because he was being quite loud. But they somehow managed.) 

Magestar was lynched!

The Night will end in

bla_1519407900.png

Vote Count
Mage (7): Bugsy, Drought, Eternum, Fifth Scholar, Orlok, Shanerockes, Steeldancer
Drought (4): Devotary, Jondesu, Mafia, Mage
No Lynch (1): Walin
A Joe in the Bush (1): Straw

Player List:
(Eternum) Auden Ostlin Heatherlocke
(Walin) Dbec Heatherlocke
(Steeldancer) Leets Heatherlocke
(Araris Valerian) Hadrian Heatherlocke
(Straw) Straw Heatherlocke

(Sart) Taswell Ffnord
(Jondesu) Remart Ffnord
(Living Legend) Jonas Ffnord
(Shanerockes) Lebereth Ffnord
(Fifth Scholar) Count Olaf Ffnord

(Stick) Stick Heron
(Crimsn Wolf) Altea Meza Heron
(Mafia) Ivan Heron
(Devotary of Spontaneity) Lord Grumbles Heron

(Orlok Tsubodai) Locke Tormander
(Droughtbringer) Boseph Jush Tormander
(Bugsy) Bugsy Tormander

Also. Do not PM during turnover. Please.

Edited by Elbereth

Ok so. Here's a list of things that threw me:

1. Many (mostly) unexplained votes on mage

2. Devotary of Spintaneity voting drought

3. The pacifists suddenly feeling bloodthirsty 

4. Mafia voting drought

Yeah. It's like there's obviously a lot going on in the background in PMs or whatever but I really feel like im being kept in the dark about everything.

Okay so going back to my list, I guess I don't have many complaints about (1) (or (3), for that matter); there's  lot of alliances between players so I wouldn't be surprised at coordinated bandwagons BUT whichever Heron teamed up with players to lynch mage in return for whatever will obviously try to get me killed too at some point using them and I now that I know who I'm up against, it'd be far easier for me to get rid of them.

@Devotary of Spontaneity I know you said you were only voting drought because you didn't want a no lynch again but I still find it weird you didn't remove your vote later on

@Mafia why'd you vote drought at the last minute?

Sorry for double posting

@_Stick_, I asked both Mafia and Devotary to vote on Drought. I did this as a test. Neither of them should have done so, as I didn’t have alliances or agreements with either, yet they acted to protect Mage.

What this illustrates, I believe, is that I was entirely correct about House Heron having an alliance, and seeking to protect each other. I think this corroborates what I’ve heard about them working together and seeking to wipe out all other factions in their entirety.

Further to this, but your last post strikes me as entirely off, and feeds into my sense of unease about your house. It looks to me like you’re asking to create a spectacle, not to understand their reasons. You have a house doc with them in which to ask. Why did you ask here, if not to set up a prearranged response from them in public?

21 minutes ago, Orlok Tsubodai said:

@_Stick_, I asked both Mafia and Devotary to vote on Drought. I did this as a test. Neither of them should have done so, as I didn’t have alliances or agreements with either, yet they acted to protect Mage.

What this illustrates, I believe, is that I was entirely correct about House Heron having an alliance, and seeking to protect each other. I think this corroborates what I’ve heard about them working together and seeking to wipe out all other factions in their entirety.

Wow. Huh.

21 minutes ago, Orlok Tsubodai said:

Further to this, but your last post strikes me as entirely off, and feeds into my sense of unease about your house. It looks to me like you’re asking to create a spectacle, not to understand their reasons. You have a house doc with them in which to ask. Why did you ask here, if not to set up a prearranged response from them in public?

Who says I haven't already asked the doc?:P but no, I haven't lol. I deliberately asked in-thread, to get everybody else's input regarding it too if I could, since it was obvious there was something else going on that involved y'all. And it indeed did, huh? Truth is, paranoia has been eating me up the entire..one cycle? (wow it's only been a cycle) It's harder to lie in-thread than it is to in docs or PMs XD 

thought it was pretty clever XD

Edited by _Stick_
Grammar

56 minutes ago, _Stick_ said:

@Mafia why'd you vote drought at the last minute?

Good question. To which Orlok answered correctly half-way through. -> I originally wasn't going to answer this, but seeing as Orlok's said something, we all love to correct people who think they have it right and are wrong *shrugs* Sorry.

@Orlok Tsubodai It seems you have read between the lines too much for your own good. You're correct in saying I did not have to do so, because we're not currently in an alliance, nor did it matter if I did so. However, in part, I did vote for Drought because you asked me to. At the time of me writing my post, it was a tie, and a no lynch would have been a dreadful way to end the second day. Anyhow at the point that I entered it, I realized several had entered before me breaking the tie, the posts were all so close and last minute, and changing my vote back didn't really make much sense. Also, I should note that because I am new to this, most of everything I do is an experimentation, and should not be delved into too deeply for fear of reading between the lines too well as it seems you have done. I'm sorry to say that, but it's true. As of currently, anyway.

Edited by Mafia

18 minutes ago, Mafia said:

Also, I should note that because I am new to this, most of everything I do is an experimentation, and should not be delved into too deeply for fear of reading between the lines too well as it seems you have done. I'm sorry to say that, but it's true. As of currently, anyway.

The dreaded new player card...

I'll still treat you as if you are a master of SE, as, at the very least, I won't underestimate you.

I'd like to mention that, uh, it's Aiden.

:P

And, Orlok. That's a very interesting play. Tips hat. I wouldn't have thought of that. Anyway, there isn't much to say- not in the thread, at least -so I'll retreat to PMs. 

1 hour ago, Orlok Tsubodai said:

I asked both Mafia and Devotary to vote on Drought. I did this as a test. Neither of them should have done so, as I didn’t have alliances or agreements with either, yet they acted to protect Mage.

This game isn't about if you betray your house members, but when. Mage's death removes one obstacle from my path to victory yes, but it also weakens my bargaining position in relation to the other houses. Nobody can win until there are 1 or fewer living members in each house. Getting everyone else in your house killed too soon leaves you vulnerable to anyone who comes along threatening to murder you if you don't cooperate. House Tormander seems to be taking this threat seriously, if their unilateral defense of Drought is anything to go by.

13 minutes ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

This game isn't about if you betray your house members, but when. Mage's death removes one obstacle from my path to victory yes, but it also weakens my bargaining position in relation to the other houses. Nobody can win until there are 1 or fewer living members in each house. Getting everyone else in your house killed too soon leaves you vulnerable to anyone who comes along threatening to murder you if you don't cooperate. House Tormander seems to be taking this threat seriously, if their unilateral defense of Drought is anything to go by.

That’s quite the twisting of events, Devotary. I used a factionmate as bait to see what Heron would do, and placed the first vote of the cycle. Calling it a unilateral defence seems to me to be an attempt to change the narrative from House Heron working in concert to eliminate the rest of us, to multiple houses working in concert.

I’d question why you’re trying to manipulate the discussion so.

49 minutes ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

That is incorrect.

You win when you are the last survivor in your house. The game continues on until there is a winner in each house.

Even if you die after you win, you still win.

58 minutes ago, A Joe in the Bush said:

That is incorrect.

You win when you are the last survivor in your house. The game continues on until there is a winner in each house.

Even if you die after you win, you still win.

What happens if the last 2 survivors of a House die on the same turn? Do they both lose?

Just two hours. Get your orders in.

Hoping none of those orders are to kill me...But that’s the point of the game! So yeah, go for it.

I don’t know whether we will come close to the kandra plan, but I’m telling you all who are thinking—it’s probably a good idea.

4 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

I would think that getting impersonated by a Kandra would be a thing to be avoided, as a general rule. If you want to get eaten though, that's fine by me.

What do you have against being brutally murdered, then having your bones and some almost human creature run around, pretending to be you? That doesn't seem bad to me at all :P

Edit: Well, this game has been quiet, and I feel like part of that could have been PMs, and that type of thing, but I think that we could really use some more activity going on, in thread. Soooo, lets talk secrets.

Behind each one of us, there is either an inactive player, or someone who is scheming behind the scenes, and, since I have no value for my life and just want to have fun, feel free to PM me secrets that you want outed, and I'll make sure to post them in the thread probably next cycle. Any all secrets I tell are not for sure to be true, as someone could PM me outright lies. But I feel like the thread is just being quiet, and boring, so I'll start this up and see where it goes. At the very least it should make the thread more useful.

I will be a good information dealer, and only say things that appear in my PMs for LG42, so I'm not going to look through old games where someone told me X was plotting to kill X, or make things up myself and just type them here and post them. So the information might be reliable.

But hopefully this make the thread more active, or gets me killed, but fun either way.

Edited by Droughtbringer
I realized I had more to say

Wow! I already got some fun information, so lets get started (Doing a new post, because new information).

Fifth scholar is killing Bugsy!
Sart and Fifth Scholar are working with Orlok to kill me and Bugsy!
Orlok will help Sart and Fifth to work towards killing all the Fnords once he has a monopoly on the kill!

Also, this set was fun cause it has to deal incorrectly with me. Awesome. Wonder if someone made it up to make me hesitate on things, or not :thinkingface:

@Orlok Tsubodai@Fifth Scholar@Sart@Bugsy@Droughtbringer@Fnords!

We all live in suspense, from day to day, from hour to hour; in other words, we are the hero of our own story.

Neither Ash nor Skaa nor god nor war of Lords stays these gossipers from the exaggeration of their gathered stories. Each one had the same story to tell, and each shared only two facts. Every Gossip agreed, that the Tormanders planned to use Kandra to enslave Luthadel, and every Gossip agreed, Locke Tormander was the people’s only voice. The Good Locke Tormander was the only Tormander opposed to the plan.

Some gossips told of his great love for life, and his refusal to kill, while others spread warnings that he was not to be trusted. Some laid Quetzal’s murder at his feet, while others say he fought to protect the man. The Gossips thought up reason after reason for his sadness at Magus’ death. They divided into those who believed he was sad at the meaningless loss of life, and those who thought he was sad that his plans to frame Joseph as a Skaa failed.

But when the news came out that not only had Joseph been murdered, but so had his brother, Bugsy, the stories changed. No one claimed that Locke Tormander had not killed his house. No one believed he was an innocent man. No one believed his words without hesitation. No one dared to call him a liar.

Still, the gossips talked. New divides among them were made. The largest camp decried him as a monster who seized control of his house, and planned to seize control of Luthadel next. Another group wept for his Nobility, believing he damned himself to protect them from the horrible Joseph Bush Tormander, who would have had them all replaced.

The small minority knew him better than most, and knew he had killed his house because he wanted to. Why he wanted to, they could not agree on. But they knew, killing them was not a step in his plans, it was his goal.

The next morning, that small minority was found dead, killed by various houses in a series of unrelated, unfortunate attacks. The rest of the gossips all seemed to change their tune, and the only stories about Locke that were told in public were stories of his trustworthiness, and his respect for life. But now there was an undercurrent of fear in their retellings.

Alone in his Keep, High Lord Locke Tormander, one of the 10 most powerful men in the world, smiled with satisfaction at a game well played, and began to think about how he might entertain himself next.

Droughtbringer was killed by the Herons! Bugsy was killed by the Ffnords!

Orlok Tsubodai has won the game on the Tormander Faction.
The Game will continue for another 3 winners.

Day 3 ends in
pin_1519494300.png

Player List:

(Eternum) Auden Ostlin Heatherlocke
(Walin) Dbec Heatherlocke
(Steeldancer) Leets Heatherlocke
(Araris Valerian) Hadrian Heatherlocke

(Straw) Straw Heatherlocke

(Sart) Taswell Ffnord
(Jondesu) RemartFfnord
(Living Legend) Jonas Ffnord
(Shanerockes) Lebereth Ffnord