So, I feel like it would be much more productive if we could switch to having longer days and shorter nights. There really isn't anything to discuss during the night, and it just seems like having more time to discuss lynch targets would be more beneficial. @A Joe in the Bush and @Elbereth, would such a change be possible if enough people agree?

Potentially, yes. This cycle will still end in about 24 hours, clearly, but if there is a majority opinion that the other way would work better, we would switch. 

(That isn’t an invitation to fill the thread with discussion of that. If you’d like to switch, you may say so in your GM PM, not here. Thank you.) 

6 hours ago, Crimsn-Wolf said:

So, I feel like it would be much more productive if we could switch to having longer days and shorter nights. There really isn't anything to discuss during the night, and it just seems like having more time to discuss lynch targets would be more beneficial. @A Joe in the Bush and @Elbereth, would such a change be possible if enough people agree?

4 hours ago, Droughtbringer said:

I'd agree to shorter nights. 

1 hour ago, Magestar said:

Same.

The thing is, why do we need to have more time to discuss lynch targets? I feel like most of the game will be in PM's where people are trying to build alliances and stuff, and the Night is when we're all trying to figure out our actions so we don't just block each other, which is why I think longer Nights are more helpful.

6 hours ago, Elbereth said:

(That isn’t an invitation to fill the thread with discussion of that. If you’d like to switch, you may say so in your GM PM, not here. Thank you.) 

...Oops. :P Guess I should post something else then.

Quetzal sat in his room, enjoying an extravagant meal. After all, if his own House was going to be trying to kill him, he might as well drain their resources and have a good time while he could! He'd made sure to board his windows and get extra locks on his door, only allowing the servants to come in to keep his feast going. He kept as many weapons as he could grab on his rush to his room by his side, so he'd at least have a fighting chance if it came down to that. He'd never learned to use any of them, being the upstanding noble that he was, but he didn't think it'd be too hard.

Dbec walked the streets, for no apparent reason. He considered the efforts among the houses to form a truce, but he suspected there would be some backstabbing. However, to show his support for the truce, he went outside where he could be...Well, there wasn't much of a reason for it. He had nothing to fear from his own House, but he had decided that some fresh, ashy air would be more comfortable than the confines of mansions.

He considered visiting another House, talking to them and strengthening their resolve to keep a truce. Yesterday, there had been some loud arguments in which those calling for an alliance argued the loudest. Hopefully that sentiment would hold up during the night--and perhaps Dbec could help, by making it to another House in peaceful safety. Yes, yes, that would work. He considered his options, and went to House Tormander.

The negotiations could prove fruitless, but they could also save many nobles. While the heirs may not actually inherit anything, they would definitely live.

Considerations had to be made, but Dbec could handle them. Better than his fool relative Walin, that is.

Edited by Walin
Added last sentence because of continuity

Lord Sif Tormander entered the north barracks as surreptitiously as he knew how to. That is too say, he tossed a large black cloak on over everything else, and slouched. His disguise prevented people from knowing whether it was him, or an assassin

Still, it hardly mattered. The barracks were barren, the guards were out patrolling the walls of the keep. But the captain could be found here. His office was at the back of the room, which served to prevent the soldiers from getting too rowdy

He knocked politely at the door. A gruff voice called for him to enter, so he pushed the door open, and slipped in.

“Ah! Lord Sif! How may I be of service sir?” Captain Rhiannon Aurette stood and saluted. Once again, Sif reflected on the oddity of having a Female as their captain of the guard. But she was a highly skilled Pewterarm

“I’ve received information that one of the Heatherlocke’s is sending assassins at us. I need you to, detain him, just for a bit. No violence necessary, just posturing.”
Rhiannon banged one mailed fist against here breastplate. “It will be done my lord. I’ll get a detachment together immediately.” She stood, and walked from the room, leaving him alone.
He sighed, and left as well. He had more to do tonight, if he was to escape Locke’s traps.

Quetzal looked at his hand in bemusement. A red 6 and 7, a yellow draw 2, and a green reverse. But Count Olaf had just played a blue 9, so none of his cards worked. “Remind me, if i have to draw, do i draw until i have a card i can play?”

“Nah,” Taswell slid the top card off the deck to him. “Just one, but you can play it if possible.”

“Hmm,” He picked up the card, and upon finding it to be a green 4, shook his head. “Your move Lord Elbereth.”

Lord Elbereth slammed a green 9 on top of the deck, making the other 5 players jump, while he simultaneously yelled out “Uno!” The rest of the Ffnord nobility groaned as Elbereth proudly displayed his single card.

“Remind me why you guys are playing cards instead of making War?” Quetzal asked. (Jonas played a green skip card, making Remart swear.)

“Eh. Bad for business and friendship.” Taswell shrugged as he played a wild card. “Blue by the way.”

“And why did you invite me to play?” Count Olaf tossed down a blue 7, and Quetzal responded with his red 7.

“Ah, we heard on the grapevine that some Heron assassins were coming for you. According to our guards, our hazekillers are engaging them now.” Lord Elbereth sighed. “And, i have to draw. Your turn Jonas.”

Jonas played a red 3 down.

“Alright then.” Quetzal shrugged, and continued to play.

Lord Sif Tormander trudged back from the barracks to the main keep, reviewing the days events in his head. He had blundered badly, letting the other Tormanders realize he was working against them. Since then, he had been running around putting out fire after fire, making promise after promise.

Still, it would all be worth it if he survived, which he should, unless half a dozen of his sources of information were all wrong about what the Heatherlockes were doing tonight.

“Ahem, heya Sif.”

Sif paused, then looked up into the branches of the tree above him. Several nobles were crouching there, including Edrab Leah, a noted Heatherlocke Seeker.

“How you doing Sify pal?”

Sif bolted. He heard the leaves rustle behind him as assassins jumped from the tree. “Assassins! Assassins in the Courtyard!” curiously, none of the guards responded. Just glancing at him then glancing away.

“Bya Sify old pal.” Edrab’s voice came from behind him, and then something hit him hard in the back of the head.

“Lord Locke. I would have a word with you.”

Locke Tormander idly looked up at his cousin. “Yes Quetzal? I was informed you were at the Ffnord’s. What brings you back so soon?”

“Attempted Murder. The Heron’s sent a crack team of allomancers to kill me. But the good Ffnords’ Hazekillers saved my life.”

Locke looked back down at the the hundreds of letters he was writing to himself. “As eternally glad as i am that you survived cousin, may i ask why you saw fit to tell me about this?”

Quetzal pulled a chair up across from Locke’s desk, disturbing a mountain of poetry that Locke had plagiarized and mailed to himself. “Considering the fact that as i came home, I saw the aftermath of the Heatherlocke’s assassination of Cousin Sif, i am wondering if you have heard anything in your extensive, hard to hide, PM Network.”

Locke scowled. “I haven’t heard anything about a plot by one of the Tormanders to wipe out the rest of us in one foul swoop. Trust me, I’ve been listening for one. Is there anything else?”

“Not yet. But I need to ask some questions of people, and if i hear something i don’t like Locke, i will be back.” 

Quetzal left Locke to his studies and walked back to his room, reflecting on the events of the night. He had been attacked, but had been saved. But why had either happened? He walked up to his room and saw a figure standing outside his door. He called out "Hey, who are you?"

The figure turned, and smiled softly at him. "My name is Wurum Heron, and you and I have a date i believe."

"Oh Rust." Quetzal turned to run, but Wurum was faster, snaking forward and grabbing him by the Neck. He lifted him from the floor, kicking and gurgling, and threw him out a nearby stained glass window. He screamed as he fell the four floors down to the cobblestone path below, hitting with a sickening crunch.

MegaSif was killed by the Heatherlockes! Straw was attacked by the Tormanders, but survived! Lopen was Killed by the Herons!

The Day will end in
bla_1519235100.png

Player List:
(Eternum) Auden Ostlin Heatherlocke
(Walin) Dbec Heatherlocke
(Steeldancer) Leets Heatherlocke
(Araris Valerian) Hadrian Heatherlocke
(Straw) Straw Heatherlocke

(Sart) Taswell Ffnord
(Jondesu) RemartFfnord
(Living Legend) Jonas Ffnord
(Shanerockes) Lebereth Ffnord
(Fifth Scholar) Count Olaf Ffnord

(Stick) Stick Heron
(Crimsn Wolf) Altea Meza Heron
(Mafia) Ivan Heron
(Devotary of Spontaneity) Lord Grumbles Heron
(Mage Star) Magus Astrum Heron

(Orlok Tsubodai) Locke Tormander
(Droughtbringer) Boseph Jush Tormander
(Bugsy) Bugsy Tormander

Edited by A Joe in the Bush

Magestar presents a threat to us all, as far as I understand it. I’ve been told that he’s organised his house into an alliance, and is pursuing an “alternate win condition”. That sounds potentially dangerous, but perhaps more importantly, generates order in a game built for chaos. I’m quite enjoying the chaos, and suggest that we restore our houses to their natural state.

1 hour ago, Orlok Tsubodai said:

Magestar presents a threat to us all, as far as I understand it. I’ve been told that he’s organised his house into an alliance, and is pursuing an “alternate win condition”. That sounds potentially dangerous, but perhaps more importantly, generates order in a game built for chaos. I’m quite enjoying the chaos, and suggest that we restore our houses to their natural state.

55 minutes ago, _Stick_ said:

Huh?

There are alternative win cons?

I'd assume he is going for my win...

1 hour ago, Orlok Tsubodai said:

26 minutes ago, Droughtbringer said:

I'd assume he is going for my win...

As I told Drought, I was willing to go for a Kandra win, and would be totally happy to see the game go through without any deaths.

Clearly, that doesn't seem like it's going to happen.  Which, as unfortunate as it is, isn't exactly unexpected.  

I did tell a few other people that I was thinking about doing some flavor related things, but that's about as far as my "alternate win condition" plans have gone.  It's mostly just dealing with the fact that since this is basically a free for all it's probably going to work out better for me if I accept that I'm probably going to die and just do some fun stuff in PMs. :P 

CLARIFICATION:

I am having a spikeload of fun with the writeups, and since a few players, (And the GM) have approached me about their parts in them, i feel the need to clarify. I am taking massive creative liberties with the writeups. The only things in the writeups that should be taken as 100% GM confirmed information are attacks and deaths. everything else happens because of something i half remember reading in one of the dozens of PM's, and/or i think it would make a funny writeup.

Also, if you would like to die in a specific way, place, or circumstance, please PM Elbereth and I. If you would like one of your past characters to cameo in the writeup, please PM Elbereth and I.

I find it very weird to even have a lynch, though don’t misunderstand, I’m bloodthirsty as anything. I can’t vote for the people I need to kill, though, so I can either help people I might be working with, or I can go for someone essentially at random. Either way, it’s not like much information will be gained by anyone.

I will probably place a vote, though. Just got to figure out if there’s anyone I have reason to place one on.

55 minutes ago, A Joe in the Bush said:

CLARIFICATION:

I am having a spikeload of fun with the writeups, and since a few players, (And the GM) have approached me about their parts in them, i feel the need to clarify. I am taking massive creative liberties with the writeups. The only things in the writeups that should be taken as 100% GM confirmed information are attacks and deaths.

Well, looks like I will not be able to fully pinpoint who attacked whom. However, that’s okay, because I’m not one for analysis. Because I’m not very good at it regardless.

How’s about we try to not kill anyone in the Day Cycle, eh? A little compromise with the non-kandra-ing people. I think since we’ve got a pattern (with one data point on each Cycle, so maybe two points) going, maybe we should keep it.

URGENT:

Quetzal left Locke to his studies and walked back to his room, reflecting on the events of the night. He had been attacked, but had been saved. But why had either happened? He walked up to his room and saw a figure standing outside his door. He called out "Hey, who are you?"

The figure turned, and smiled softly at him. "My name is Wurum Heron, and you and I have a date i believe."

"Oh Rust." Quetzal turned to run, but Wurum was faster, snaking forward and grabbing him by the Neck. He lifted him from the floor, kicking and gurgling, and threw him out a nearby stained glass window. He screamed as he fell the four floors down to the cobblestone path below, hitting with a sickening crunch.

The indispensable Elbereth has realized that we didn't account for all actions, and the hazekillers that protected Lopen, should have failed. So Lopen is Dead, killed by a Heron. Bye Lopen! We'll miss you!