(2)    No Lynch: Bugsy, Jondesu

(3)   DroughtBringer: Araris, Straw, Fifth Scholar, LivingLegend, Straw(2), Eternum

(1)   Mafia: Sart

(2)   Shanerockes: Stick, Megasif,

(2)   Walin: Devotary of Sponteneity, TheMightyLopen

This is what we have so far. Admittedly, I am sad we have shunned the gods of Luck and Chance so that ties mean no one gets lynched. Having said that, Drought's idea doesn't looks like it'll happen, so I don't feel the need to lynch him. @shanerockes, however, still hasn't showed up. I propose we switch over to them as they really haven't added anything to the discussion. @Droughtbringer, I know you want the pacifist route, but now would be a good time to vote for Shanerockes. :P

I’m on mobile; voting No Lynch (I can’t color text). Sorry to anyone who wanted me not to do that, and sorry to the specific person who didn’t want me to do that, and PM’ed me about it.

Dang it, Drought.

(4)    No Lynch: Bugsy, Jondesu, Droughtbringer, Walin

(3)   DroughtBringer: Araris, Straw, Fifth Scholar, LivingLegend, Straw(2), Eternum, LivingLegend(2)

(1)   Mafia: Sart

(2)   Shanerockes: Stick, Megasif,

(2)   Walin: Devotary of Sponteneity, TheMightyLopen

Also, Just for my interest:

(4)   No lynch: Tormander, Ffnord, Tormander, Heatherlocke

(3)   Tormander: Heatherlocke, Heatherlocke, Ffnord

(1)   Heron: Ffnord

(2)   Ffnord: Heron, Tormander

(2)   Heatherlocke: Heron, Tormander

I agree with Orlok here. A No Lynch slows the game, and provides no real way for us to gain info about players. It is too convenient of a middle ground. Ivan Heron/Mafia Because Contribution Crusade. PMed both him and shanerockes, but still no reply from either.

3 minutes left in the cycle: everybody switch your votes now!

Edited by Fifth Scholar

Night 1: Do you have the Mettle?

Jack, Bugsy, Quetzal, Sif, Locke.

There were 5 people who could and would prevent him from taking complete control of the great houses of Luthadel. He would need to kill all of them before his plan succeeded. So when High House Lord Joseph Tormander sat on the balcony at the ball, and when he saw Jack Tormander begin to fall, he couldn’t keep the grin off his face.

Bugsy, Quetzal, Sif, Locke.

As the nobles retreated, under the onslaught of the sudden Hasting and Tekiel onslaught, Joseph watched closely, looking for other nobility who were grinning his malevolent grin. And many were. He would have his pick of allies in this matter, but first, he would need to stir the pot. See who would be willing to work with him.

Please, Lord Heron, this missive is for your eyes only. I represent a Cabal of Nobles, scattered throughout the houses. We are planning in secret to replace the vast majority of Nobles with Kandra, to unify the Houses. If we do this, those who aide us will certainly be far richer than they could ever be without us.

~High House Lord Joseph Tormander

Lord Grumbles Heron placed his letter down on the table, and examined the faces of Altea, Stick, and Magus. “This man is a monster, and I need your help in stopping him. I don’t know who else is in this Cabal, but we need to root them all out.”

“Interestingly enough,” Altea replied, “He sent me the same letter, word for word.” She drew out a thin rolled up sheet of paper, and handed it across to Grumbles for comparison. “Magus, Stick? Have either of you heard anything about this?”

“Heh, I have.” Magus slipped his letter from his vest, and waved it at her. “And I see Stick has one as well.”

There was a large Stick sitting in one of the chairs, and it had an envelope taped to it. Unread, since Sticks are sticks.

“Well then. I’m sure you have all thought about this plan,” Grumbles passed Altea’s letter back to her, “What do you all say to denouncing Joseph, and calling for his removal. The other Tormanders are sure to support us. They are a bloodthirsty lot.”

The Stick was a stick.

“Stick raises an excellent point.” Altea smirked at the insulted Lord Grumbles. “We can assume that we are not the only ones to receive this missive, and that others, less scrupulous, will work with him. If we all independently contact him, and indicate our willingness, we can betray him from within.”

“Agreed.” Magus leaned back in his chair. “So, how to go about it?”

Lord Heatherlocke, I do hope this missive finds you well, despite the current circumstances of War. It is a War i wish to end, and to end in such a way as to prevent any more from happening. As such, I, and a Cabal of like minded nobles, are pooling our resources to replace key members of the Great houses with Loyal Kandra. But we need a contact within Keep Heatherlocke.

The chance for Peace and Prosperity are within your grasp, if you have the Mettle to grasp it.

~High House Lord Joseph Tormander

Lord Heatherlocke  dropped the letter to the ground, and began to pace. Lord Tormander’s letter awakened within him an old debate. Did the ends justify the means? Was peace, made and enforced through Warfare, worth the cost? Would he be damning the world, or just himself, by pursuing such a plan? And could he justify not attempting Peace?

His pacing slowed, and he hesitantly made his way to his desk.

My Good Lord Tormander. . .

No one was Lynched!
No Lynch (7): Bugsy, Devotary, Drought, Jondesu, Mage, Steeldancer, Walin
Drought (4): Araris, Eternum, livinglegend, Straw
Mafia (2): Sart, Fifth Scholar
Shanerockes (2): Stick, Megasif
Walin (1): Lopen

Night 1 will end in
gre_1519148700.png

Player List:

1. (Straw) Straw Heatherlocke
  2. (Eternum) Auden Ostlin Heatherlocke
  3. (Walin) Dbec Heatherlocke
  4. (Steeldancer) Leets Heatherlocke
  5. (Araris Valerian) Hadrian Heatherlocke

6. (Sart) Taswell Ffnord
  7. (Jondesu) Remart Ffnord
  8. (Living Legend) Jonas Ffnord
  9. (Shanerockes) Lebereth Ffnord
  10. (Fifth Scholar) Count Olaf Ffnord

11. (Stick) Stick Heron
  12. (Crimsn Wolf) Altea Meza Heron
  13. (Mafia) Ivan Heron
  14. (Devotary of Spontaneity) Lord Grumbles Heron
  15. (Mage Star) Magus Astrum Heron

16. (TheMightyLopen) Quetzal Tormander
  17. (MegaSif) Mega Tormander
  18. (Orlok Tsubodai) Locke Tormander
  19. (Droughtbringer) Joseph Bush Tormander
  20. (Bugsy) Bugsy Tormander
Edited by A Joe in the Bush

12 minutes ago, A Joe in the Bush said:

No one was Lynched!
No Lynch (7): Bugsy, Devotary, Drought, Jondesu, Mage, Steeldancer, Walin
Drought (4): Araris, Eternum, livinglegend, Straw
Mafia (2): Sart, Fifth Scholar
Shanerockes (1): Stick
Walin (1): Lopen

Was Megasif's vote on Shane somehow soothed off without a night turn having passed or is this an error?

6 minutes ago, _Stick_ said:

Was Megasif's vote on Shane somehow soothed off without a night turn having passed or is this an error?

If he voted for Shane, than I missed it, so it would be an error. I'll check the thread again.

EDIT: Nevermind, Elbereth found it, so i'll edit it into the writeup.

Edited by A Joe in the Bush

Okay. So voting for no lynch actually does stop the lynch. That’s interesting. I didn’t think it would work that way, but evidently I was wrong.

With that said, this little peace treaty is clearly unsustainable. I fully expect at LEAST 2 people dead tonight. Sorry to everyone going for the all-Kandra win con.

I will continue to tag @shanerockes and @Mafia until they return to activity. Please join us, it’s so much fun when you get to murder your fellow Sharders!

I very much enjoyed that write-up @A Joe in the Bush. Your writing always makes me smile.

Altea lounged in an armchair, still wearing her gown from before. She sighs, shaking her head as she re-reads the letter. "What folly." She scoffs, before folding the letter up again and rising from the chair to pace.

As there aren't any eliminators, specifically, I am not really sure what to talk about in-thread other than roleplaying. The issue with roleplaying, though, is that no one seems interested in it at the moment. :P

Hello, I'm back! 

I should probably mention the fun real life situation I have tomorrow. I'm getting my wisdom teeth out, and I have no idea how that will effect my playing. But if I do start saying weird stuff tomorrow, blame it on the drugs:P

Also, right there with Crimsn. I always love a good Joe write up.