*whispers* *collaboration* *whispers*

”Okay, now that Hadrian has given me what seems to be a fairly accurate rundown of events, would any other Heatherlocke care to speak with me so I can see if the stories line up?” Olaf paused, realizing Hadrian might be taking this as an attack. “I’m not questioning what you’ve told me, Hadrian, I’d just like independent confirmation from someone else. If the stories match up, we can move towards a solution that benefits both of us.”

Olaf realized that he was still speaking from the podium. Slightly embarrassed, he quickly stepped down and began looking for other Heatherlockes in the crowd, who could perhaps confirm what Hadrian had said. It’d be a very fortunate day indeed if he could confirm another person as working against his interests.

@Steeldancer @Walin @Eternum @Straw

Hadrian grumbled a bit as Olaf asked the other Heatherlockes to back up his story. A man's word just didn't mean what it used to. It probably came from the disreputable name of his House. Nobody would doubt the word of a Heron, or a Ffnord. Even House Penrod had a reasonable reputation for honesty. But, well, he supposed that was why he hadn't been able to infiltrate any of those Houses. The House could use some strong leadership, and perhaps a change of name. Unfortunately, the way things ere shaping up, Hadrian doubted he would be the one making those decisions.

Taswell was tired. No, that wasn't it. Taswell was tired of being tired. He didn't know what caused it, but he often fell into states of melancholy. This was one of those occasions he reasoned. He could not pinpoint the cause of this sadness inside him. All told, his position was not bad. Although the other Ffnords were dangerous, he believed that he could manage. He would get leadership of the House, or die trying. Why then, did he feel nothing? He should be celebrating, glorying in the fire of battle. Instead, Taswell felt hollow inside.

Perhaps it was all the drudge work. There were Skaa to manage, Inquisitors to assuage, papers upon endless papers to sign. It was all so mundane. He didn't feel like doing them, and so they were not getting done. He knew they needed done, but they were not done. He couldn't delegate them to a servant, or, even worse, another member of his house. To do so would be to show signs of weakness, and he was not weak. No, he could do the tasks set out before him. Perhaps he was just spoiled, not wanting to dirty his hands in quill ink. It was a silly reason to get hung up on, but yet there he was. A mountain of paperwork before him, and no end in sight.

Taswell needed something, some spark to light his passion again. He needed some way to see past this paperwork, to see the bright new future. Him, as Lord of house Ffnord. No, not House Ffnord, House Tawell. And why stop there? He would be greater than House Ffnord. He would rule all the Houses, he would be the most powerful House in all of Luthadel. He could rival even the great Lord Ruler for power. No, one day, he would become Lord Ruler!

He laughed at his own foolishness. Become Lord Ruler? He was getting ahead of himself. He could barely keep up with his own paperwork, much less run all of Luthadel. And even if he took control, what then? There would just be more Skaa to manage, more Inquisitors looking over his business, more papers to sign. What was the point of it all? Was life nothing but a sea of paperwork to swim through, until you inevitably drowned and died? No. He would not accept that answer.

Taswell knew the answer. He wanted power, so he took power. He wanted glory, so he sought glory. It was what he wanted, and he wasn't going to let anyone get in his way. After all, he knew what he wanted. He smiled. Luthadel would never forget his name.

Edited by Sart
Grammar is hard

Aiden folded his arms behind his back, smiling at Hadrian. "You're not bad at twisting your words. However, you're also not good enough."

"I will not confirm nor deny the existence of such a faction. Chaos is fun to watch unfold. I will say, however, that our Allomancers have their orders and are disciplined enough to ignore conflictions. They also know who to take orders from." His smile widened, seeming sharper than a knife's edge and more deadly besides. "Mistakes are not tolerated. I don't expect them to happen again."

Edited by Eternum

I probably won’t be able to RP in time for turnover, but let it be known that:

Dbec is still training his skaa

I have been part of the group in Heatherlocke that is trying to stop stuff. However, I was roleblocked when I tried that, and afterward tried to use Skaa to mine Atium.

I haven’t gotten anything to happen yet.

LG42 - Day 4: More Treachery (What a Surprise!)

Lord Grumbles had made a lot of enemies over the years. All his grumbling and moaning about things that really couldn’t be helped got on the nerves of everyone. 

So he was walking through the town square when he was stopped by an innocent-looking person. “Excuse me, sir, I have a message for you.”

“Yes, what is it?” Grumbles snapped. 

“You’re kind of annoying,” the young man said, and dropped flat. 

Grumbles was dropped flat to the ground by a volley of coins. 

As he was dying, he heard running footsteps and this:

“Hey! He was supposed to be our target!”

“Then you got here too slow,” the young man’s voice said. 

“But, what do we do now?”

“Want to go get a drink?”

“...Sounds good to me.”

Jonas Ffnord sipped at his wine as he turned another page in The Merchant’s Guide to Luthadel. It wasn’t the most useful or entertaining of reads, but it would do to distract until word got back. The other Nobles were focusing on just killing their enemies, but Jonas wanted information first. Who was plotting against who. Who was an ally, who was a traitor, and who could be safely ignored.
There was a knock at the study door, and Jonas looked up briefly. “Who is it?”

“Alvrynel, my Lord.” The Terris steward’s voice came from beyond. “The other lords are heading to the safe room, a band of soldiers are fighting with our hazekillers right now. They saw fit to warn you.”

Well, that boded ill. Jonas snapped his book shut, and picked up his wine glass. Standing, he called out, “Very well Alvrynel. I shall be there in a moment.” There hadn’t been enough time yet to reinforce the wooden door to the study, but other than that, the room was impregnable. It might actually be worth it to stay here, instead of retreating to the Safe room. Assassins and soldiers would go there, knowing the other nobles were hiding in the most defensible room.

But no, it wasn’t worth the risk. Jonas drew a key out of his pocket, and unlocked the door. It was immediately kicked inward, slamming Jonas backwards into a table. He gasped as a trio of black clad men with dueling canes strode into the room, followed by the apologetic Alvrynel.

“I regret to inform you, Jonas, but the House has decided that you are a traitor to be executed. Know that your death will cement the alliance with our allies though.”

Jonas threw his now empty wine goblet at the closest assassin, who casually batted it away, and scrambled to the side of the room. Abruptly, he stopped, as his metal belt buckle rammed into his stomach, being pulled back towards the doorway. Desperately, he clawed at it, trying to remove it, but then there was a sharp pain in the back of his head, and everything went black.

Livinglegend was killed by the Heatherlockes! Devotary of Spontaneity was killed by the Ffnords, and also the Tormanders!

The Day will end in 

bla_1519753500.png

Player List:

(Eternum) Auden Ostlin Heatherlocke
(Walin) Dbec Heatherlocke
(Steeldancer) Leets Heatherlocke
(Araris Valerian) Hadrian Heatherlocke
(Straw) Straw Heatherlocke

(Sart) Taswell Ffnord
(Jondesu) RemartFfnord
(Shanerockes) Lebereth Ffnord
(Fifth Scholar) Count Olaf Ffnord

(Crimsn Wolf) Altea Meza Heron
(Mafia) Ivan Heron

(Orlok Tsubodai) Locke Tormander

I’m not dead yet!

14 minutes ago, Elbereth said:

Devotary of Spontaneity was killed by the Ffnords, and also the Tormanders!

And thus we see the violence inherent in the system.

...No more quotes that I can think of are relevant—Aaaahh!

Edited by Walin
Added dash

Well I have a possible secret to reveal next Night if you don’t kill me. But if I get a vote train I’ll reveal the secret.

I also am planning on the full Heatherlocke win too. So either don’t vote or vote heavily. But don’t leave me standing here, other SE players!

RP below if I edit it in:

Edited by Walin
“RP below...”

Livinglegend was killed by the Heatherlockes! Devotary of Spontaneity was killed by the Ffnords, and also the Tormanders!

Taswell disliked liars, cheats, and scoundrels, except for himself. That was why he couldn't stand this farce any longer.

"Locke Tormander (Orlok Tsubodai), I know what you are planning. You aren't content to just have leadership over your house. Oh no, you want leadership over all the Houses involved in this war. You've designated members in each House to be your puppets, acting as your vessels. You nearly succeeded with House Heron. You entered into an alliance with Altea (Crimsn Wolf) early on, and she was following your orders to the letter. How short sided of her. Once she proved no longer useful, I'm sure you would get rid of her. Meanwhile, you contacted myself for House Ffnord, and Aiden (Eternum) for House Heatherlocke. Of course, you were bargaining with other people as well, but the four of us were The Cabal, as you called it.

"As I was saying, you nearly succeeded. You had arranged for me to kill Ivan (Mafia), and for Aiden to kill Grumbles (Devotary). Obviously, that plan didn't work without a hitch. You obviously didn't trust Aiden (Eternum) much, as you sent in a kill on Grumbles as well. That suspicion was valid, since the Heatherlockes killed Jonas (Living Legend) instead. Meanwhile, I was letting Lebereth (Shanerockes) make the kill on Ivan. However, Remart (Jondesu) had other plans. I believe he was working with Ivan (Mafia), although I'm not sure on that point. Regardless, Lebereth was detained, and Remart killed Grumbles instead. If only he had kill Altea instead, then we wouldn't be in this mess."

"Unfortunately for you, I am no one's pawn, Locke. I won't be ordered around I want to win this game on my own, not ride on your coattails like a needy Skaa. I urge my fellow nobles to end this threat once and for all. Ask yourself this. 'Has he promised to let me win?' If he has, then he is auctioning off his support to the highest bidder. I shudder to think of what might happen if you prove less than satisfactory. And if he has not, then he is no friend of yours. After all, we've already seen that he's willing to kill for the Cabal. What makes you think he won't kill you? Therefore, I urge the immediate explusion of Locke Tormander from the game. Let his victory turn into ashes."

I used the beggars on Orlok, and I would like to reveal my findings. The other members of my house can confirm that I had said I was planning to use the beggars on Orlok.

Results (paraphrased from PM):

@Orlok Tsubodai has been talking with these people: Eternum, Mafia, Fifth Scholar, and Araris. He talks the most in a group PM consisting of Orlok, Crimsn, Sart, and Eternum.

2 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

So he talks to most in a PM with 3 people that he hasn't been talking with?

Just two. :P Unless you’re suggesting that Orlok talks to himself.

Also, Walin. Sorry for the lack of activity, it’s been a really hectic day and I’m glad I can just relax for a few moments here. 

When I consider a game of political backstabbing relaxing...

Ok. So if I don't do this now, I don't think I can reduce the number of votes on me.

I've tried before and I think this is the only window in which I can do something.

I've got atium, and I think no one else does. I'm pretty sure that no one else can do anything but lynch me now.

Honestly, this is probably worth addressing. @Sart, I actually asked Joe whether I could pull out of the game - I don’t want to decide the rest of it. I continued as I had out of a sense of obligation to those who did help me, but with multiple contacts in each house doing close to what I asked of them, it hasn’t really been fun. I’m going to stay engaged in the game, and do have a couple of plans, but they certainly don’t involve picking who wins from each faction anymore.

Dbec had seen the others. They openly talked of his need to go. His plans accounted for that, however.

He left to his hideout in the middle of the city. Once there, he gave his skaa their instructions. He would stay here until the day passed.

He had taught them well. He had only taken a few days, and they knew the alphabet.

I can’t do much more before turnover.

Edited by Walin
Typo