Jack Tormander presided over the ball. The fanciest one of the season, and the last, though few knew it. Most houses knew that the balls would stop soon. Tensions were on the rise. Atium had been stolen, nobles slain, Skaa rebelling. War was coming. But none of the houses expected it to start that very night.
        After the dinner ended, when the House Lords sat at the long table, waited on by their Stewards. Jack Tormander. Wyrm Heron. William Zerrung. Claincy Ffnord. Rab Heatherlocke. Matthew Machmuller. 6 of the most powerful people in all the world. While smiling through their teeth at each other, they sipped their wines and ate their desserts. While watching for knives and arrows, the drank poisons. While screaming in burning agony, they fell from the benches.
        The Ball didn’t go on much longer after that, as Nobles retreated to the safety of their keeps, abandoning their food and their smiles. Each of them seeing the double sided blade of Opportunity and Vengeance. When one man dies, another must surely take their place.
        The Lord is dead. Long live the Lord.

Welcome to Long Game Forty Two!

This is a Anti-Faction Long Game run by A Joe in the Bush and Elbereth. This is not an ordinary game, so please read the rules carefully.

At the beginning of the game, each player will be sorted into a random house. (Tormander, Heron, Zerrung, Heatherlocke, Macmuller, Ffnord) There will be no more than 5 people per house, and no fewer than 4. Each house will have their own private Doc to communicate in. You may not Copy/Paste from or into your Doc. You cannot vote on a member of your house.

Each house has access to the same 6 actions. Each night, you may attempt to use one of your house’s actions. If you and another member of your house attempt to use the same action, neither of you succeed, but you do not know you failed.

Actions:

• Allomancers: You may send your house’s Allomancers to kill another player. You cannot send them to kill a member of your own house.
  • Hazekillers: You may send your house’s Hazekiller’s to Defend another player from one Attack.
  • Guards: You may send your house’s Guards to Detain another player, canceling any order they sent in. You cannot target a member of your own house with this. You can stop a player from using Guards.
  • Obligators: You can send your house’s Obligaters to negotiate with another player. They will not be able to vote the next day, but they are not aware of this.
  • Skaa: You may send your house’s Skaa to mine for Atium. They succeed 33.3% of the time. If you have Atium, you may use it to amplify another ability. See the Atium section.
  • Beggars: You can talk to the Beggars, and learn who is in PM’s with a target player. You will also learn which of them is used the most, so don’t bother making 100 PM’s just to hide who you are actually talking to.

Atium:

Atium can be applied to most actions, with varying results:

• Mistborn - The attack goes through all layers of protection, and cannot be roleblocked.
  • Hazekillers - Their target cannot be affected by any action.
  • Obligators - Cancel two player’s votes.
  • Skaa - Guaranteed to get an Atium. (I dare you to do this)
  • Beggars - Get a copy of the player’s PM’s.
  • Kandra - If you can target a player with a Kandra the same turn they die, that play’s win goal changes to ensuring your survival. They win if you survive. If you die, they win by surviving. They do not need to be the only survivor of their house to do this.

In addition to the Nightly actions, there is a Daily Lynch. With regards to the writeup, the lynched player will be revealed to have Skaa Ancestry, and will be killed by the Inquisitors. Only one player may be Lynched per turn. If there is a Tie in the votes, no one is Lynched.

You may also, at any time you want, make any number of PM’s with any number of other Players.

This sounds like a pretty simple, cut and dry Faction game. But this is a Joe Game. Nothing is ever as it seems!

In order to win, you have to be the last surviving member of your faction. In order to win, you have to kill everyone in your faction. Have fun!

The Game will begin in 
bla_1518889500.png

When you sign up, please inform us if you would prefer Longer Days, or Longer Nights

Player List:

1. (Straw)
  2. (Shanerockes) Lebereth
  3. (Droughtbringer) Boseph Jush
  4. (Fifth Scholar) Count Olaf
  5. (Eternum) Auden Ostlin
  6. (Bugsy)
  7. (Devotary of Spontaneity) Lord Grumbles
  8. (Araris Valerian) Hadrian
  9. (Sart) Taswell
  10. (Jondesu) Remart 
  11. (Crimsn Wolf) Altea Meza
  12. (Living Legend) Jonas
  13. (Stick)
  14. (Steeldancer) Leets
  15. (Orlok Tsubodai) Locke
  16. (Mafia) Ivan
  17. (TheMightyLopen) Quetzal
  18. (Walin) Dbec
  19. (Mage Star) Magus Astrum

Quick Links

Hmmm...I think I’ll give this a try. I’ll sign up as Count Olaf, and I prefer longer night turns.

Questions for the GMs:

1. At what point will the game end? With no typical Eliminator or village factions, does the game continue until one player is left alive, and then all members of the Houses that survived the longest win together? Or does the game end when any 1 player achieves their win condition?

2. Do Guards have an Atium ability?

3. Can you use Obligators on a member of your own house? 

4. Does Skaa mining have a 30% chance of success, or does it succeed 30% of the time? (For instance, if 10 mining orders are sent in, would 3 go through no matter what, or would each order have a 30% chance of going through?)

Excited to try out an LG, and hope that I don’t get screwed over by one of Joe’s infamous secret roles. 

2 minutes ago, Fifth Scholar said:

Hmmm...I think I’ll give this a try. I’ll sign up as Count Olaf, and I prefer longer night turns.

Questions for the GMs:

1. At what point will the game end? With no typical Eliminator or village factions, does the game continue until one player is left alive, and then all members of the Houses that survived the longest win together? Or does the game end when any 1 player achieves their win condition?

2. Do Guards have an Atium ability?

3. Can you use Obligators on a member of your own house? 

4. Does Skaa mining have a 30% chance of success, or does it succeed 30% of the time? (For instance, if 10 mining orders are sent in, would 3 go through no matter what, or would each order have a 30% chance of going through?)

Excited to try out an LG, and hope that I don’t get screwed over by one of Joe’s infamous secret roles. 

0. Glad to have you 5th Scholar!

1. The Game ends when there is 1 or less players alive in each house. Kandra players do not count as alive for this purpose.

2. At the moment, Guards do not have an atium Ability.

3. Obligators can be used on your own house.

4. Apologies, that should be 33.33 repeating. So atium is a 1 in 3 chance. The first two tries, you have a 1 in 3 chance, but if you mine 3 times, the 3rd time is guaranteed, assuming the first two failed.

5. I'm going to be specific about this. One of the themes in this game is Balance. Every player starts off the exact same. So there are no secret Roles.

This looks like too much fun to pass up on. I’m in as Bugsy.

I’m indifferent as to nights or days being longer

36 minutes ago, Arraenae said:

This looks awesome. I won't have the time to play, unfortunately, so could I get a link to the spec doc?

In this game there’s no team for you to hurt, going inactive just helps everyone else. Not trying to pressure you into joining, but if you think you might want to play, you should. Besides, I still need to get you back for GoH :ph34r: 

Edited by Bugsy

Signing up as Lord Grumbles, who would prefer longer nights.

3 hours ago, A Joe in the Bush said:

At the beginning of the game, each player will be sorted into a random house. (Tormander, Heron, Zerrung, Heatherlocke, Macmuller, Claincy) There will be no more than 5 people per house, and no fewer than 4. Each house will have their own private Doc to communicate in. You may not Copy/Paste from or into your Doc. You cannot vote on a member of your house.

Does this mean you need at least 24 players to run this game?

Does "You cannot vote on a member of your house" mean that you cannot color their name in red, that you cannot have their name in red at the end of the cycle, or simply that if you vote on them, it won't count?

If you attempt to use an atium action and fail, do you lose the atium?

And of course, what happens if a mistborn attacks someone protected by enhanced hazekillers?

Just now, Bugsy said:

In this game there’s no team for you to hurt, going inactive just helps everyone else. Not trying to pressure you into joining, but if you think you might want to play, you should. Besides, I still need to get you back for GoH :ph34r: 

Nah, Nationals is coming up soon and I really don't like being in a game when it happens. I tried it once and it was awful.

2 minutes ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

Signing up as Lord Grumbles, who would prefer longer nights.

Does this mean you need at least 24 players to run this game?

Does "You cannot vote on a member of your house" mean that you cannot color their name in red, that you cannot have their name in red at the end of the cycle, or simply that if you vote on them, it won't count?

If you attempt to use an atium action and fail, do you lose the atium?

And of course, what happens if a mistborn attacks someone protected by enhanced hazekillers?

1. I can remove and add houses as necessary. We need at least 12 players to play, and no more than 60.

2. Your vote will not count.

3. You will not lose the atium if you could not take the action.

4. The Hazekillers will win, and the Mistborn will be expended.

Just now, Araris Valerian said:

I'll sign up as Hadrian. As for longer cycles, I'd say daytime.

@A Joe in the Bush Does the Kandra apply to any death? So, if a player is lynched and a Kandra action targets them, that player instead survives the lynch and changes their win-con?

Yes.

If you need an upgrade for Guards. I would suggest learning what action your target was attempting to do. It seems like it would be a nice upgrade.

Also, signing up as Taswell, the "leader" of a minor House that has no real power.

2 minutes ago, Sart said:

If you need an upgrade for Guards. I would suggest learning what action your target was attempting to do. It seems like it would be a nice upgrade.

Also, signing up as Taswell, the "leader" of a minor House that has no real power.

Oooh, that is a nice upgrade. I'll talk it over with Elbereth.

Yeah, I'll give this a shot, but I'm probably going to die within three turns. That is my bold prediction and I'll be happy to be wrong.

I'll join as Master Capsicum, an ambitious entrepreneur who wants to spread the joys of their latest non-alcoholic beverage, packaged in extremely small tin barrels that are painted maroon, to the world.