Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Elanmorin

White

9 posts in this topic

Normally we see awakening turning the object they drew color from into grey, but when Susebron does it the objects turn white. 

Is that just because of the ridiculous heightening he is at?

...or is it a Tide ad?

This is answered in the Ars Arcanum at the end.

Perfect Invocation: Awakeners of the Tenth Heightening can draw more color from the objects they use to fuel their art. This leaves objects drained to white, rather than grey.

Yeah it's the effect of the Perfect Invocation as R'Shara already pointed. It allows someone to drained the objects more to fuel Awakening and therefore to extract more "fuel" than usual from them...In theory Sus could take an object drained by another Awakener and still use it to extract other fuel

On 2/6/2018 at 8:24 PM, Elanmorin said:

Normally we see awakening turning the object they drew color from into grey, but when Susebron does it the objects turn white. 

Is that just because of the ridiculous heightening he is at?

...or is it a Tide ad?

As others have mentioned, it's a function of his Heightening.  (I see what you did there, BTW)

I wonder though, would an especially weak Awakener leave the object a darker gray than others?

16 hours ago, Farnsworth said:

I wonder though, would an especially weak Awakener leave the object a darker gray than others?

I considerated that too but as the book never pointed this I assume it's not the case. Rememeber Heightenings gift perfect color recognition, someone would notice different shades of gray (no pun intentended)

I'm sure this has been mentioned, but I just realized that if perfect invocation draws more color, shouldn't it turn black...since black is the absence of color, and white is all colors?

We're talking pigment rather than light rays.  So white is the absence of pigment and black is a blend of all pigments.