Seattle Signing: Orders and Surges confirmed :D

Knitwitz

Np ^_^ 

I tried to ask less direct questions that could be used to determine where each was located (like which herald lead the Truthcallers) in the overall Q&A and got RAFO-d big time. However, when I actually went up and talked to him while he was signing he looked over my chart personally to see if it was all correct, I was so excited and couldn't wait to share :3

I also asked about healing something like eyesight and whether that would require Regrowth or if it was just the result of holding Stormlight and he said it would all depend on how the person envisioned himself. (This was before he looked at the chart and I was still trying to find clever ways to confirm that the Truthcallers had Regrowth :P)

Np ^_^

I tried to ask less direct questions that could be used to determine where each was located (like which herald lead the Truthcallers) in the overall Q&A and got RAFO-d big time. However, when I actually went up and talked to him while he was signing he looked over my chart personally to see if it was all correct, I was so excited and couldn't wait to share :3

I also asked about healing something like eyesight and whether that would require Regrowth or if it was just the result of holding Stormlight and he said it would all depend on how the person envisioned himself. (This was before he looked at the chart and I was still trying to find clever ways to confirm that the Truthcallers had Regrowth :P)

THANK YOU. Have Rep. :D

WoR SPOILERS

That particular question has been driving me subtly insane for the last few days. So I guess both Lopen and Renarin are just really really stubborn about how they "should be".

Edited by Kurkistan

Kurkistan: we're not in the WOR spoiler board...

In answer to your comment though:

WOR spoiler

Per above chart Renarin at least has growth/progression, (same surge) so may have used regrowth on his eyes

Edited by rjl

Oh! I almost forgot, in the conversation with Brandon, when he mentioned that I had Cohesion and Tension backwards he said that Cohesion involved being able to alter things at a molecular level, and his example was that you could push your hand on a table, and when you removed your hand there would still be a handprint. (Though it is altogether possible that I didn't fully understand his example, I was a tad overwhelmed at the time :3)

He pointed this out because he said he was sure Willshapers had access to Cohesion which is how he knew I had them backwards. It can't be easy to keep all of that in your head hahahaha :D

Edited by Knitwitz

Oh! I almost forgot, in the conversation with Brandon, when he mentioned that I had Cohesion and Tension backwards he said that Cohesion involved being able to alter things at a molecular level, and his example was that you could push your hand on a table, and when you removed your hand there would still be a handprint. (Though it is altogether possible that I didn't fully understand his example, I was a tad overwhelmed at the time :3)

This is pretty much exactly what I thought the Surge would do. It's awesome to get some confirmation on what the Willshapers could do.

• 2 weeks later...

[Edit: Nice job on the notes on the chart! Thanks for you work!]

...he said that Cohesion involved being able to alter things at a molecular level, and his example was that you could push your hand on a table, and when you removed your hand there would still be a handprint....

This sounds like a bit of an overlap with the "tensors" that were used in Steelheart, I wonder if we can guess at some of cohesion's uses based on that...

Minor Steelheart spoilers:

As I recall, the tensor devices could cut perfectly into anything in the way a saw cuts (or perhaps a router or shaper would be a better analogue) and leaves sawdust, as contrasted to how a knife cuts by dividing. So the tensors would leave the dust of the material it cut into, of similar volume as the shape that was cut.

Alternatively...

Brandon seems to like going to the molecular level... when we see a shardblade cut through an inorganic (or spiritually dead) object, perhaps the actual affect we see is the bonds between molecules being severed, the actual crystal lattice of the object divided in two along the cut.

When we see Cohesion being used, perhaps the spaces within molecules are reduced. (inducing all sorts of internal stresses that we'll forgive since we're in the same breath considering something that has the power to induce these changes.) So cohesion actually changes the internal level of attraction of molecules within an object that allows them to be compressed or manipulated... not actually losing any of the materials or molecules, instead just packing them closer together in the shape that is desired.

Edited by aheerema

• Chaos locked this topic