Zacer

Here to speak my first oath

7 posts in this topic

Hey all, my name is Zac. Great to be here!

I am a substitute teacher/freelance copywriter/and, most importantly, an aspiring author of fantasy and science fiction. Brandon Sanderson is my writing savior, and I can't believe I haven't joined the 17th Shard sooner. My main reason for joining is Reading Excuses. I have taken Brandon's writing class via YouTube and am halfway through Writing Excuses season 10 master class, so it's time to start sharing my writing with others. I don't want to, as that means I'll find out just how hacky and fan-fictiony my writing really is, but I'm determined to help myself and others grow. And to finish off the intro, here are a few of my favorite things:

Favorite book: Way of Kings

Second favorite movie: The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou

Third favorite band: Cold War Kids

Fourth favorite TV show: The Leftovers

Thanks for taking the storming time to read this!

Well hello there, and welcome to the shard!

Here, have a perfectly safe(ish) cookie that is 100(ish) percent spike free!

Question for you: What is your fifth favorite finger?

Hi and welcome, 

Whats your sixth favorite food?

@The Gecko Easily my fifth favorite finger is my pointer finger on my left hand. And thanks for the cookie! It's impolite to inspect free stuff. A free spike is a free spike. Cant' complain. 

@TheVillageIdiot Sixth favorite food is a BBQ'd hot dog.  Time Wells looks awesome! Is there a story in the works yet?

Great to meet both of you!

@Zacer Thanks! I have a rough idea for it, basic plot-line, main protagonist, etc. I still have to decide where it should take place, I.E. whether it should be set on an alternate earth, or on a entirely different world. I'm also currently working on the first draft of another book, so it will probably be a while before I start writing the TimeWells book(s).

@TheVillageIdiot I don't know if I have to keep on tagging you so you get message notifications. My bad if it's unnecessary. Definitely count me in as a Time Wells pre-order! And I hope your current book is going good. Are you part of reading excuses?

@Zacer You don't need to tag people, but it's one of the best ways the make sure they see it. I personally tag people quite a bit. Thanks, that'd be really great when I write it. Assuming I can get it published. :)  My current book is going great, It all started with the premise "what if everyone in all of history had superpowers. except you." I really like thinking about how this would effect the way that culture would have developed. Also the current working title is "Powerless".  No I am not part of reading excuses.