[OB] Stormlight Valentine's!

Ravioli

Here's one from Elhokar to Aesudan, from the Great Beyond:

Elhokar.jpg.a42e45cc194363ca9f3bb2512aeada1e.jpg

Aesudan my dearest heart,
Sadly in death we must part

You broke my heart and your own,
when you swallowed that Odious stone.

I really like picturing Elhokar as this sad fopish bicycle riding King, check out that awesome beard curl action he has going on, they almost look prehensile, like he could possibly use them to eat with.

Edited by hoiditthroughthegrapevine

@RShara that is incredibly touching! The two hearts stabbed through and connected by Nightblood makes me kind of teary eyed. Currently out of upvotes but a scene that touching is definitely worthy of some upvote love, will get you one later.

Every part of that composition is deliberate.  Here, let me break it down for you

5 dead guys.  5 scholars, get it? 

Nightblood does one thing very well, and is proud of what he can do.  So there's a little bit of bragging here, plus he does it so well, images of this must be pleasing to anyone else, right?

The horrible font:  NB thinks it's romantic.  Since he's a sword, he has no idea what romantic would be.

Hearts being pierced.  Vasher and Shashara.

The text, of course, is also NB thinking he's being romantic and encouraging.

I might have put too much thought into this.

13 hours ago, RShara said:

I might have put too much thought into this.

The answer: probably.  But was it worth it? Absolutely!  I liked it before, but after reading your reasons it became even better.  Nightblood is so great.  He (it not really sure or maybe even she? We really need a better pronoun for Nightblood.) doesn’t really understand things.  Haha he is one of my favorite characters.  I love him with Szeth. 

Ok, so this is a Totally 70's valentine, I had to censor part of this because holy crap they had the tightest most disgusting pants in the 70's (probably led to infertility in the long run).

RayseValentine.jpg.da117f4e84119115bf27b32092c87544.jpg

If you want a soundtrack to have on while staring at the majesty of a bygone era, I would humbly suggest the following (spoilered below):

Spoiler

Edited by hoiditthroughthegrapevine

43 minutes ago, hoiditthroughthegrapevine said:

I just noticed that you are now "Keeper of Words" a fitting title for an Arcanist.

Is this valentine going to be about Tensoon????

I've always been Keeper of Words.

Oh man, no it's not.  It's another NB one.

And done!

UrqL5br.jpg

I feel like the background colors are too overwhelming, but Windows decided to restart on me while I was away from my computer, and I didn't save it so couldn't work on it more.  And it's too late to recreate it.

Edited by RShara

23 minutes ago, RShara said:

And done!

This is totally a Bad Romance:

Oh-oh-oh-oh-oooh
Oh-oh-oh-oh-oooh, oh-oh-oh
Caught in a bad romance
Oh-oh-oh-oh-oooh
Oh-oh-oh-oh-oooh, oh-oh-oh
Caught in a bad romance

Nah, Nah-ah-ah-ah
Night-a, Blood-blood-blood
Szeth-Szeth, ooh-la-la
Want your bad romance

Nah, Nah-ah-ah-ah
Night-a, Blood-blood-blood
Szeth-Szeth, ooh-la-la
Want your bad romance

Does this mean that Szeth is going to marry sword nimi?? I can't imagine that this will end well...

Challenge issued:  A roses are Red style Ketek, appropriate to Roshar.  Seeing as they have neither roses nor violets, and lets be honest, "Roses are red, violets are blue" would be terrible in a Ketek.  I mean, what can you even do with that?

49 minutes ago, Stark said:

Challenge issued:  A roses are Red style Ketek, appropriate to Roshar.  Seeing as they have neither roses nor violets, and lets be honest, "Roses are red, violets are blue" would be terrible in a Ketek.  I mean, what can you even do with that?

Apparently not very much...But I do think that the inversion captures the regret of an unsuccesful attempt to write poetry whilst drinking, and the resultant depression of rejection...Well, here it is...

Crem is gray, spheres are blue too, I drank some violet and wrote this poem for you.
For poetry, this writing, violet some drank I. Too blue, being sphereless, graying being Crem.

1 minute ago, Aurora the Rioter said:

Wasing the wish flowers realing.  Handkerchief wasing giving.

Here’s my lame attempt at High Imperial.  I know this is an SA thread, but I had to give it a try.  I don’t know why I kinda hate High Imperial.

High Imperial is definitely weird.  You gave it a good go.  I *think* it works?  Who knows with High Imperial, though.  Spook is mean.

48 minutes ago, hoiditthroughthegrapevine said:

Apparently not very much...But I do think that the inversion captures the regret of an unsuccesful attempt to write poetry whilst drinking, and the resultant depression of rejection...Well, here it is...

Crem is gray, spheres are blue too, I drank some violet and wrote this poem for you.
For poetry, this writing, violet some drank I. Too blue, being sphereless, graying being Crem.

What @RShara said, but you get points anyway for putting in more effort than I did.  Good attempt!