Mistborn Video Game

SOM1else

So with the news that mistborn will probably getting a video game based off of it I thought I should start a topic dedicated to disscussion of what we would like to see in this game.

I personally think it would be better to base the game of the world of the final empire and set the game entirely in Luthadel rather then base game off of the events in the book, however if it were to be a direct adaption from book to game I would like to say that I can't count how many times I have been playing assassin's creed and thought that with just a few gameplay tweaks and a change of environment that it would be just like Mistborn. Another way I would like this game is similar to the Elder Scrolls series and make it a open world RPG, If they were to do it this way It would be AMAZING. Of course If it were an open world RPG I wouldnt mind if you were restricted to Luthadel itself, as long as the city was massive, ( I'm thinking at least 2/3 of the size of Oblivion and a realistic population. instead of caves and ruins being the dungeons like in Oblivion you could raid the High Nobility's keeps or go crawling in the sewers hunting down Skaa theiving crews. and the guilds of oblivion would be replaced with the any of the great houses, the steel ministry, or the Skaa rebellion you can join up with one and rise through the ranks by performing tasks for your faction, but although joining one guild gains you some allies you would also gain a large number of enemies. For classes you could be any of the 8 basic mistings or a Hazekiller, and later on get more allomantic abilities through Hemalurgic spikes.

Anyways thats my idea of what I would want in a mistborn video game, what do you guys think of it? Feel free to expand on my ideas as well as post your own thoughts of what you would like.

It really could be handled any number of ways. I would love to see a sort of RPG/Action Platformer deal. But it would only really work if you played a full Mistborn.

That's my chief concern, who you play as. The thing is that there's such a disparity between the power levels in Mistborn (my only pet peeve with the magic), and that makes certain aspects of it tricky.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still struggling with how the whole flying-by-throwing-coins thing would work out in a gameplay sense... I feel like it would take a lot of work and cleverness to pull that off without it seeming at least a little clumsy and awkward. Also I wonder how you'll choose which metal to burn and when. I feel like a xenoblade type game would work well, but that could just be me.

• Chaos locked this topic